16 replies to this topic

#1 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 02:15 AM

I am curious Ken how you pay to run this website? Obviously there are costs involved but I never see requests for support or much input from you as though it were a project of passion.

I do appreciate the site immensely and think you are truly helping people for which I thank you.

Perhaps I should just let sleeping dogs lay. lol Maybe there is a bit of residual Cymbalta induced paranoia asking the question. lol

Lad

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 22 November 2013 - 11:32 AM

I am just so very grateful that I found it and it is here!

I check it thru out the day/nite. It is such a help as I travel down this unknown road...

#3 nattsie

nattsie

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaustralia
  • why_joining:
    looking for support as I get off this nasty drug

Posted 22 November 2013 - 06:49 PM

i'm paranoid lately too, lol

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,237 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:13 PM

I think for me that was the hardest part. For me the Cymbalta withdrawal really stripped away my confidence, my perspective and gave me a feeling that all will be terrible and last forever.  Being a type A personality I had really never experienced that before.  it really left me feeling insecure. Even though I am doing better now I still find myself questioning myself sometimes. Nasty crap!!

#5 nattsie

nattsie

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 November 2013 - 02:21 AM

ah omg i've definitely been feeling like this is who i am now and i can't believe there's a world out there for me where i don't feel like this

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 12:55 PM

Natalie, this is who you are now, and you can't alter that with the fretful thoughts given to you by Cymbalta. This is something you did not plan, and you are not responsible for it. You will get through.

Try to view it as if you had a broken leg: you can't run and catch the Frisbee, but soon you will. Think about all the ways you will catch and throw the Frisbee. See yourself leaping into the air, making a one-finger catch! Think about all the Frisbee Tournaments you will attend, the good people you will meet and the fun you will have. But right now you need to focus on helping  your leg heal.

"This is who I am right now, I'm a person with a healing leg. I am in a state of healthful change and this isn't who I will be in a few weeks: then I will be healthy, vibrant and whole! I will flourish!"

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 November 2013 - 01:14 PM

Equuswoman- day 26! 

The road is unknown, yes. But if you've ever dead-reckoned or bushwhacked, your path is unknown and difficult, but you know the river is due west! Just keep heading west and you will find the river, then follow it downstream to the lake, and you will be out of the woods. At the lake are the stables. There's fresh feed there and a loving attendant to rub down your gelding while you hit the showers. You are exhausted and famished; dinner is in an hour, and the hopeful moon is just rising.

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 24 November 2013 - 12:02 AM

thismoment, thank you for your post that was well, just soothing if that makes sense. As I've said before it helps to know that others have traveled t his road before and made it through the woods! God bless you for your helpfulness toward me and others here as well. TheEquuswoman :hug:

#9 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 03:37 PM

But I really would like to know WHO is paying for this site?

#10 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:08 PM

Lad

Here's a conspiracy theory: The website is run by Eli Lilly. They have all our real names, and the information we have provided here may be used against us should any of us litigate.

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,237 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:10 PM

Lad

Here's a conspiracy theory: The website is run by Eli Lilly. They have all our real names, and the information we have provided here may be used against us should any of us litigate.

Now that's paranoid. lol

#12 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:26 PM

I was thinking they may have ulterior motives but I'm not quite that paranoid! lol

#13 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

I've seen lots of Pfizer ads on the opening page- Lipitor (a statin); of course they make Pristiq and Zoloft too.

To be fair, other advertisers too.

#14 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 11:40 PM

ok, whew, I can hop off the paranoia train......... lol

I just figured out that the ads that display to guests are not displaying for me while signed in. thank god SOMEONE is paying. lol

<<not that lily isn't still behind it, making money selling ads to their targeted victims........ hmmmm lol>>

#15 nattsie

nattsie

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Locationaustralia
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:30 PM

Lad

can you imagine, ahahaha. i'd be slapping some faces if that was the case

#16 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 01 December 2013 - 11:35 AM

can you imagine, ahahaha. i'd be slapping some faces if that was the case

Just love the sense of humor posted here... finding mine again!!!!!!!!! Yay!

#17 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:23 PM

It is what it is. We will make it thru no matter who, what, why or how long...

Hanging in here some days by a thread, but hanging just the same...

One day, one step, one bead at a time...

Determined 2 make it... :angry: 

:hug: TheEquusWoman 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users