Photo

With Tonight's Cymbalta Dose I Am Now Down "50" Beads....

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

'course w/there being 200 of the nasty little beasties per 60 mg capsule.

well,

it will take a while, as I have 2 wean quite slowly...dropping 5 beads every 3rd day.

but 

oh well, I will do whatever I gotta do so that eventually in the future...

I will one day be FREE of this POISON...

Thx 2 all who have helped me get where I am today!

I began this journey of beading counting on Thurs Nov 7th and so ...

it's down the road I go. But I will make it w/the help of my God, family/friends..

but especially my friends here on the forum who can R/T me!

May God bless and keep us all now and always!

TheEquusWoman :hug:

#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:44 PM

Equuswoman-

There's 50 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet, 50 nifty United States, 50 First Dates, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, 50 beads out of your capsule and 50 more ways to say hasta la vista Eli Lilly!!

#3 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 11:45 PM

:hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:17 AM

Equuswoman-
There's 50 letters in the Sanskrit alphabet, 50 nifty United States, 50 First Dates, 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, 50 beads out of your capsule and 50 more ways to say hasta la vista Eli Lilly!!

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:20 AM

Thank you thismoment. Love your post to me! 50 ways yes indeed!

#6 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2013 - 01:27 AM

Awww nattsir you are so kind! Hugs 4 U!

#7 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 03:45 AM

I still peek in on you Equus :mellow:  Think no memory defecit counting those beads each day . I am 8 weeks off this Wed -cold turkey from dropping to 10 mg.  My tolerable accepting symptoms are still vertigo and zappy noises in my eyes and ears. If I get really tired or have a cocktail the overall withdrawl symptoms return.  Hugs of support to you and all on board!!!!!

#8 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 09:29 AM

Keep going! I started on 9/2/13 with 200 beads and am down to 41. That's 60 mg down to appx 13 mg. Most days I experience nausea, some days are worse than others. Soon I will be done with this, and done gladly. good thoughts to all, I am encouraged by all of you.

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:28 PM

I still peek in on you Equus :mellow:  Think no memory defecit counting those beads each day . I am 8 weeks off this Wed -cold turkey from dropping to 10 mg.  My tolerable accepting symptoms are still vertigo and zappy noises in my eyes and ears. If I get really tired or have a cocktail the overall withdrawl symptoms return.  Hugs of support to you and all on board!!!!!

thank u so very much ZappAlta :hug: hang in there and please let us know how you're doing!

#10 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Keep going! I started on 9/2/13 with 200 beads and am down to 41. That's 60 mg down to appx 13 mg. Most days I experience nausea, some days are worse than others. Soon I will be done with this, and done gladly. good thoughts to all, I am encouraged by all of you.

Akk you give me much hope in that you began with 200 nasty beads as I did. I have had the nausea and most days I can tolerate it with the help of my generic Zofran. Thank U so very much. Prayers for you as well as we make it thru this Cymbalta hell.... :hug: TheEquusWoman

#11 james007

james007

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Locationnew jersey
  • why_joining:
    trying to find out what it is im going thru,listening to others,offer support

Posted 02 December 2013 - 12:30 PM

hi Equuswoman, glad to hear you keep pushing along, my best goes out to ya and everyone on this frightening dizzy-go-round. not knowing what i do now, thanks to you fine people, i started cold turkey bout 8 days ago and find that the Vertigo bothers me the most w/ tiredness a close 2nd. do you find this to be consistent w/ your symptoms?

#12 Kindorf

Kindorf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    To find out about Cymbalta withdraws. To give and receive support

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:41 PM

Thanks thismoment now I am singing 50 ways to leave your lover.

I actually picked up my guitar and instead of singing the right words I was singing ( "There must be 50 ways to leave Cymbalta" )

#13 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:42 PM

hi Equuswoman, glad to hear you keep pushing along, my best goes out to ya and everyone on this frightening dizzy-go-round. not knowing what i do now, thanks to you fine people, i started cold turkey bout 8 days ago and find that the Vertigo bothers me the most w/ tiredness a close 2nd. do you find this to be consistent w/ your symptoms?

james007 I was on 60mg told by my physician 2 decrease 2 the 30mg...I did and on the 10th day the W/D s/s hit me. Horrid diarrhea, severe nausea, constant ringing in my ears. So I swallowed another 30 and went back on the 60mg a day. In the mean time I searched and found this life saving forum. The ppl here have been helpful in my progress of getting off this poison as I am now doing the bead counting method. I am now down 60  beads but having some diarrhea and nausea so I will stay on this dose for a few days until everything stabilizes and then begin the slow process of decreasing beads again. How are you doing? Please update us w/your progress... :hug:

#14 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 02:14 PM

Thanks thismoment now I am singing 50 ways to leave your lover.

I actually picked up my guitar and instead of singing the right words I was singing ( "There must be 50 ways to leave Cymbalta" )

Would love to hear that song! :D

#15 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:24 PM

FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE CYMBALTA

The problem is all inside your head she said to me

The answer is easy if you take it logically

I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free

There must be fifty ways to leave Cymbalta

Just throw'em down the sink, Link

Make a new plan, Stan

You don't have to fret, Chet

Just listen to me

Throw'em under the bus, Gus

You don't have to discuss much

Flush'em down the john, John

And get yourself free

(With apologies to Paul Simon).

#16 Kindorf

Kindorf

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    To find out about Cymbalta withdraws. To give and receive support

Posted 02 December 2013 - 06:04 PM

That did it thismoment, now I have to do the whole song with your lyrics. :lol:

#17 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:06 PM

Equuswoman, I thought we were on about the same schedule. I am keeping my sanity by swimming about 3x per week. Being in the water seems to just make it all better. I just realized that I may be experiencing a few hallucinations-I saw someone at the end of the other lane who wasn't there, and also saw a car go by that wasn't anywhere. Has anyone else experienced anything like that? As for the intestinal duress, that's taking on new life. It seems that the closer I get to the "finish line," the more things pop up, like I am at some crazy carnival.
I will continue to take it one bead at a time. Looks like Christmas will be the end ; holding the extra beads in case I need to take 1 bead every other day at the end.

#18 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2013 - 10:43 PM

Equuswoman, I thought we were on about the same schedule. I am keeping my sanity by swimming about 3x per week. Being in the water seems to just make it all better. I just realized that I may be experiencing a few hallucinations-I saw someone at the end of the other lane who wasn't there, and also saw a car go by that wasn't anywhere. Has anyone else experienced anything like that? As for the intestinal duress, that's taking on new life. It seems that the closer I get to the "finish line," the more things pop up, like I am at some crazy carnival.
I will continue to take it one bead at a time. Looks like Christmas will be the end ; holding the extra beads in case I need to take 1 bead every other day at the end.

slow and steady is the only way I will be able to get off this poison..

I am determined 2 do so! The SE were just more than I wanted in my life anymore.

I am so thankful I found this wonderful site. The ppl here have been great with their suggestions and encouragement to me..

Please keep us updated on how it is going for you but looks like a wonderful Christmas in store for you!

:hug: Thoughts, prayers and hope from TheEquusWoman

#19 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 11:29 PM

That did it thismoment, now I have to do the whole song with your lyrics. :lol:

Kindorf- naw, mine was a rush job; you can do better than that!  

#20 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:18 PM

Ya'll are crackin' me up!!! Hang in dear ones!!!! I'm in the car right behind you!!!! :wacko: ;) :hug: :hug: :hug:

#21 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:30 PM

Finnish it, finish it. That is so damn funny..the song.
Another good one would be "Fifty Shades of Cymbalta"...no I haven't read the book hahaha!

#22 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

Finnish it, finish it. That is so damn funny..the song.
Another good one would be "Fifty Shades of Cymbalta"...no I haven't read the book hahaha!

#23 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 05:03 PM

Or maybe,

THE CYMBALTA KAMA SUTRA: 50 ways to **** you up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users