• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 vMoodVChangev

vMoodVChangev

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am currently withdrawing from Cymbalta and need support on how to handle this!!

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:07 PM

Hi, I've been itching to communicate with others going through this....wow....if I would have known what Cymbalta would do to me over a year ago, I would have NEVER considered it or any other hed med for that matter. My mom died of cancer last year Feb. 14th and a month before that my Chihuahua of 15 yrs died....we were in the process of having a house built and moving all at the same time. I have never handled stress well and I am a very anxious person. My depression came on severely the couple months of watching my mom slowly die in hospice and I decided I had to do something before I went crazy!!!! (looks like I'm there now)
Well, it helped me deal with my constant crying spells and over thinking for the past year, but also KILLED my sex drive 100%.....I gained 30 lbs.....was even more anxious...and with all the constant irritabilty I picked up a hydrocodone addiction to make me feel "happy".
Long story shortened, I told my doctor 2 weeks ago I want off Cymbalta forever...no more poisons controlling my mind....I was a zombie for over a year from it, wanted to sleep all the time! She urged me to stay on it, but I was persistant and said " Hell No, I'm done being a "guinea pig" for the crap ass pharmaceutical industry, done supporting cruel animal testing (I'm vegan and against all animal exploitation), and don't want to be poisoned anymore!!! I am seriously considering going straight edge..
So much for the shortened long story, haha! Sorry.
She gave me 2 weeks worth of 30mg...I was currently on 60mg. Plus taking 40mg Buspar for anxiety. I cut my Buspar in half on my own months before I even told her and eventually stopped that myself...my withdrawel frm that was a piece of cake compared to this Cymbalta nightmare!!
So 3 days into the 30mg dose I woke up extra late one morning and forgot to take it.....hmm...well I decided nows my time, not well thought out I suppose, but I wasn't thinking well anyway thanks to the Cymbalta. I was excited and scared at the same time, but I wanted to do it and kick the pills out of me for good..... I was having the brain zaps, dizzy spells, crying spells and headaches by the 4th day. I am currently at day 7 now and ohh what a ride!! I feel like I am permanently walking through a fun house with the shaking steps and human hamster wheels....my brain zaps get worse near any type of white noise like fans, bathroom vent, kitchen vent above the stove, dishwasher, fish tank pump...it all makes the dizziness and zaps worse....the other day I had to close all the blinds blindfold myself and lay still to stop the zapping and spinning...I have headaches from hell...I am an irritable bitch about 50% of the day...the other 50% I'm tired, dizzy and nauseated...I get so upset over my withdrawel symptoms that I cry out of frustration. I scream at my dogs all day and feel guilty afterwards!! I am so glad to have found this site at least.
I was laughing at some of the other stories because of how similiar they are to mine, also made me cry...well I'm an emotional freakshow, so anything is making me cry....aAHhhhhh..on top of all this, my fiance just had shoulder surgery and I am attempting to help him and take care of him...also, he is trying to comfort me and help me through my "poison detox"...thebind leading the blind..man I cant even type..brain zap coming on, sorry...to teh person who said they want to crap on Eli Lillys door...hats off to you!!!! =) Thanks for reading everyone...may the peace be with you and I soon! ~Missy

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 05 May 2009 - 07:35 AM

Missy:

Believe it...you are doing GREAT! You have a good grasp of what you are feeling and that is so important. 'Cuz Cymbalta takes that away from us. So, enjoy the emotions. I know the physical withdrawal really SUCKS...as you have so stated, but that will pass. I promise. Take care of yourself and your fiance. I actually enjoyed your post, and your sense of humor, reality and determination was loud and clear. You will be terrific...PROMISE. Post if you would like. We love hearing from everyone.

Best of wishes....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users