#31 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Hang in there lad!!! We're all in your corner!!! clara :D

#32 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:30 PM

Lad

8 weeks out- great! I found I had some pain from holding muscles tight- a kind of tension from the withdrawal. Stay warm, and you might consider some professional back massages. And you brought joy to your family. Wonderful!

#33 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

So Lad, if I understand you right, your second month off Cymbalta is better than the first month?  That's really

great news!   Gives me much hope.  I'm also having a lot of muscle pain.  My legs just don't want to go and

sometimes a lot of back pain.  Food is also getting stuck in my throat a lot, just doesn't wanna go down.  I'm

glad to hear you are doing well.   I hope each day continues to get better for you!

#34 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:40 AM

Thanks all.

Yes Lundeliz, my second month has been better. Not a utopia of post crapalta bliss, but better. For me, the rage subsided but I have still been angry. Sleep deprivation from the infant? Possibly, but doubtfully the exclusive reason for the anger. The good news is that it is mostly manageable. The book I mentioned on another thread has helped in terms of trying to see the triggers for what they are. Out of my control and truly not important.

My back hurts almost constantly but I am still hopeful the spasms will subside. I will let you know if they do.

Lad

#35 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Hey everyone.  I've been reading around the forum.  I really like and appreciate all the support and encouragement here.  I'm almost

four weeks off now, actually 25 days.  I have had some pretty bad days and a couple of pretty good days.  Yesterday was a pretty good

day, mentally at least.  I felt a little more like myself than I have in a while.  But today has been a particularly bad day.  I feel like my

blood pressure is really up, but I don't want to check it.  It just scares me.  I feel really weak most of the time.  I really have to hang in

there though.  Cymbalta  had gotten so awful for me I don't think I could possible reinstate any amount.  But every day that passes I

try to remember it's one day closer to the end of this mess.  I see there are others who have been off for about the same amount of time

as me.  I've been watching the progress.  Lad,  I saw that you are off about 9 weeks now and it's getting better?  Really happy to hear

that.  Let's all hold on, we will get there.

#36 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 December 2013 - 10:31 PM

yes. 9 weeks but have had a couple of bad days of anxiety the last two. Otherwise it has been getting better.

I can't imagine ever reinstating any amount after you've come this far either. If absolutely necessary, perhaps another, longer half life, drug. f/h would be the one to help there though if you need advice.

Stay strong, We're all in this together!

Lad

#37 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 29 December 2013 - 08:48 AM

Somewhere in these great forums, it was said that 12 hours is the 1/2 life of cymbalta. I have been off 6 days, so my getting better brain figures that to be appx 1/128th of 1 bead left in my blood. Not going near deposits in fat tissue because...well, no control over that except exercise, so why obsess? So, bottom line is that little number makes me happy.
Lundeliz, exercise helps. I went to the local YMCA yesterday for a swim and decided to follow it up with a sauna. With every bead of sweat, I said goodbye, garbage drug!

#38 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 December 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thank you for your comments, Lad and Akk. No, I have no plans to reinstate anything. That would be

a very last resort. Sorry you are having some anxiety, Lad. I had an anxious day yesterday. I'm

having sinus issues today. I think exercise would probably help, Akk. I just don't feel strong

enough yet, but I would like to at least start walking as soon as I can. I knew this was going to

be hard, and I thought I was prepared for it. But, wow, time seems to go so slowly when I just want

this to be over. Trying hard to be patient but not doing a very good job.

#39 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 12:18 PM

I'm glad you are doing so well. "nothing unbearable" is great!

I am doing ok. I've been off 8 weeks now. The cymptoms are subsiding but honestly it is hard to say. A lot of pain that was being masked (and actually created by) the crapalta is quite severe. (muscle spasms/back pain I never had pre crapalta)

Otherwise, Travelling three flights across the globe to let very elderly grandparents/extended family meet our newborn and everything is just a blur at the moment....... come on new years! lol Finding 10 minutes alone to stop by here without dealing with aging issues/newborn issues and all of the issues in between is a task but I must remember it could be much worse! My first month off crapalta  this would have been impossible! This "aint so bad" lol

Keep up the fight!

Lad

Lad I want to thank you for this!

I guess what I am trying to say is know how to recognize it for what it is if it rears its ugliness, but don't worry the symptoms into existence. (if that makes any sense?) That cannot be good for the blood pressure either.

That post really has helped me lots! About the symptoms and my B/P has been UP as well!

God Bless & keep up the fight! :hug:

#40 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:30 PM

I used to know a better expression for "worrying something into existence" but I think it has been flushed down the crackalta memory crapper!

You still get the gist of it though Equus! lol

Lad

#41 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 09:50 PM

OK Equus, I just found it. lol

Don't Borrow Trouble!

Lad

#42 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 January 2014 - 10:33 PM

Here I am on day 30, and it seems the wd is just getting cranked up.  I must be a slow metabolizer or something.  Earlier this week

I had a couple of days of feeling really depressed.  Today has been really bad with the anxiety, headache, zaps in my legs and just

a feeling of fear and hopelessness.  I am just afraid it will get to be more than I can bear.  How do you stay strong and resolved to

see this through?  I really really want to hang in there and be free of this.  It's so hard.  I feel like I will fly all to pieces sometimes. You

all seem so strong.

#43 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:19 PM

Lundeliz I am sorry to hear you are struggling so. The cold turkey is a rough road.

I wish I could find words that would soothe your headache, calm your anxiety, alleviate your fears, and inspire your spirit to new hope. All I can say is I have felt what you feel, and reading your post brings me back to those moments, and I can honestly say, "I feel your pain."

If I could reach through and lighten your burden by taking one or two of your symptoms away, I would. But I can't; nobody can. Know this: there is a large fraternity of Cymbalta sufferers in the middle of horrible withdrawal at this very moment.

I can only stand on this shore and implore you to keep swimming this way just a little longer. Soon your toes will touch the sandy beach, and your heart will ease.

#44 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2014 - 02:19 PM

Thank you so much,  thismoment.  I will definitely keep swimming and dreaming of that sandy beach!

#45 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:11 PM

Lundeliz:

Others may seem strong to us but we are all just struggling day to day like you! You can make it! It is hell but you will find the inner strength. It does get better. Remember we talked about month 2 probably being better. You are almost there!

I still often wonder if I was a fool for doing this the ct way with all that is going on here but, like thismoment says, you just gotta keep swimming a little longer. We cannot remake decisions that got us here but we can keep strong for each other!

Lad

#46 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:34 PM

Thank you, Lad.  This is the first tearful day I have had so far.  I know it is just part of the process,

and I appreciate your encouraging words so much.  I know I can hang in there.  I have to.

I hope every day is getting better for you.  

#47 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:19 AM

Lundeliz

Hello again. During my withdrawal, the arrival of the tears was the most pivotal couple of days! Perhaps it's the same with you.

The tears came at the end of hope. For me, this was a very significant event: at first I resisted the tears- I fought them back! I resisted so hard I got cramps in my throat and a terrible headache.

But suddenly (and I don't know why) I stopped resisting- I gave up and let the tears flow. I just let go! And I wept in great sobs and heaves, and I slumped to the floor - the emotional floor - wet and exhausted. I lay emptied-out, my dignity hanging by a nerve- I had reached the edge of my universe. There was no other space to occupy. But within a minute or two I felt a rising, and the feeling of having been cleansed came over me - a sense of grace - laying there in a pool of tears on the hard floor.

Letting go opened a back door out of that bleak depression. And from that moment it slowly got better and better and better.

Lundeliz, that was my first glimpse of that distant ember through all that dark and cold that I know as hope! Let the tears flow. Don't resist it- embrace it, empty yourself out.

#48 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:19 PM

Wow!  That would be fantastic if the tears mean hope is right around the corner.  Thank you for telling

me that story, thismoment.  Having hope really makes it all much easier to  endure.

#49 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:07 PM

Lundeliz

Many of my long-lost emotions returned on that day too.

#50 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 05 January 2014 - 03:09 AM

DITTO ..Thismoment , this was my experience also & once I had a good release of built up tears & emotion I felt a sense of real feelings return . Ever so slightly but genuine real feelings that I didn't feel whilst taking the Cymbalta . There is light @ the end of this tunnel , thank God & all of you wonderful fellow sufferers . United we will stand & smile again ..:-)

#51 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 05:06 PM

Thank you so much for the encouraging words. It's hard to believe sometimes

that it will really happen. But reading of your experiences, I know it will

come, and I'm filled with hope.

#52 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:30 AM

OK Equus, I just found it. lol

Don't Borrow Trouble!

Lad

#53 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 January 2014 - 09:36 AM

Trying my best to take it a day at a time as I make it through. Thanks so much. ♥

#54 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 10 January 2014 - 06:59 PM

The only way to do it Equuswoman , baby steps ..

I had a good day yesterday , but went to dinner with my husband last night & has 3 glasses of wine .

I can feel the effects today & my balance is very bad so I have learned a lesson , NO wine whilst suffering w/d .

I think I'm learning to live with some of the s/e but still can't be too active . I'm missing my gardening badly but we live on a slopping block & with my giddiness it's just not safe to risk it.
The last thing I need now would be a broken hip !. :-(
Thinking of you all & you're in my prayers. :-)))

#55 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Recently started tapering off of Cymbalta. Having bad effects and wanted to see if there were any ways to do this without having such a negative impact on my functionality.

Posted 11 January 2014 - 01:35 AM

Yeah, I have hardly been able to handle alcohol since I started taking this nasty stuff.  Since I started tapering off of it, the thought of alcohol makes me sick.  I guess that's not necessarily a bad thing.   I never thought I'd say I kind of want to want a drink! lol 

#56 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 13 January 2014 - 03:40 PM

Trying my best to take it a day at a time as I make it through. Thanks so much. ♥

Very proud of you! Doing your best is the best... A day at a time is what life is all about. Strength is what you have whether you have a little or a lot, either way, strength is there..Good Luck and prayers to you..

#57 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:25 PM

Hi friends, I'm needing some hand holding. I feel very sick, not a wink of sleep last

night nor today. I feel on the verge of panic attacks. I took some Xanax this morning.

It helped, but didn't get me to sleep. I don't want to take it anymore. Also bad nausea.

The doctor had given me Zofran so I tried one today. It helped a lot. The sensations

that go through me are just so weird and so terrifying. I want to be strong and see

this through without getting dependent on any other meds. I want the end to really be the

end. How do you do it in the middle of the night when you are so filled with fear and panic?

I've got to gather all my strength and do this. Thanks for letting me whine and for being here.

#58 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 January 2014 - 03:43 PM

Lundeliz. I went through that for 3 months while the drs tried to find something to help. I tried every coping skill I know and had little success. The only thing I could sugget, if it is that bad just go back up 2 or 3 beads rill you stabilize then go back down.

#59 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 January 2014 - 04:31 PM

Thank you for your quick response, Fishinghat! I'm glad to know you think that is an option for me. I will see how the next day or two goes and make a decision about that. Thanks again so much.

#60 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 05:00 PM

Lundeliz. 

Hopefully you can find a way to knock down the anxiety- it can have the effect of de-stabilizing the whole project. I understand you don't want to be on any medication at the end of this, but perhaps consider weaning off the anxiety meds last.

I know about waking up in the middle of the night with anxiety- it's the darkest hole in the universe! This is where The Dead of Night got it's name.

Is it possible to wake someone up to sit with you for the 15 minutes it takes for an Ativan (or similar) to work? 

I wish I could do something to save you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users