#2 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:02 PM

Oh dear I'm so sorry. 

Please review for me what your last full dosage was, and how you have weaned, and where you're at now.

I will get back to you.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:44 PM

I had those dreams for about two weeks after I came off the beast. I was able to sleep though but my dreams were full of weird crap like that.

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:47 PM

prayers for U my precious friend. Thismoment & fishinghat and some of the others here can help you I'm sure of it. I am so early in the w/d weaning stage I don't have much experience 2 go on at this time...cyber :hug: hugs....Luv U TheEquusWoman

#5 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 10:08 PM

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 01:46 AM

Natalie

You have been on a VERY FAST TRACK off Cymbalta- just 2 weeks from 60 mg to 0, then another 9 days until today. I know you know, but you are in the middle of full-blown withdrawal, and it's a nasty place. And these words may sound hollow, but this stuff will end! Hang on girl, there's still a bit to go!

I tapered from 30 mg to 0 in 42 days. 19 days into tapering, I got brain zaps, and the symptoms that followed were similar to yours- you just got yours sooner. Hopefully they will also end sooner. 

I got hit pretty hard, but I know yours is worse for you've almost gone cold turkey! But it will slow down, subside and finally stop.

These are withdrawal symptoms- try not to imagine that these events have any other meaning.

Hang onto your mom; sleep close to her. Give the psychiatrist a chance; it's important that she knows the timeline of your withdrawal so she can assess what's withdrawal and what isn't. Hopefully she will address the insomnia issue from pre-Cymbalta.

I am cheering for you! 

#7 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:38 AM

it's 

#8 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:15 AM

Natalie

I tapered from 30 mg to 0 over 42 days. I had more than 20 days of nasty withdrawal- the kind you are having.  The strong stuff started on day 19 of tapering off and ended around day 41.   

You sound great, and yes it's better to feel like you're going crazy than to go crazy and not feel it. But having eaten ice cream and not remembering is probably worse!

#9 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 December 2013 - 07:24 AM

natt, you are not going crazy! We are here for you. Thismoment is wise and knowledgeable.. pay attention to what he is saying! Def' give the new psych doc a chance! Be sure to give him/her all the info you can on what u r going through... even if you need to make notes, take your journal,(if you journal), go fully armed with any and all info! make sense?? You are so young and full of life... you are going to get through this and will have your own story to tell,( whenever you reach the point that you are able to do that)! I know... seems like now nobody understands... and if you haven't "been there, done that" you don't understand, BUT, that's okay!!!! It's a great thing to have family close that will do their best to understand and love and support you even though they can't get in your head to fully grasp what is going on. That is the beauty of the unconditional love of family! I wish I had more great info for you, thank God, there are peeps like thismoment, fishinghat, equuswoman, and many others, who are willing to openly share their experiences with he rest of us! Try to stay strong, positive and I have found that  (even though it's hard in the midst of w/drawal) looking for even the smallest of things to be grateful helps tremendously! hugs and prayers!!! clara :hug:

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:10 AM

Thismoment is right. This is just part of the trip. Like I said I had the same thing in my dreams for about 2 weeks. The thing you need right now is sleep and patience. One of the things that was the hardest to deal with for me was that feeling that all of this was real (not withdrawal related) and permanent. That way us who have been through it must contribute after our experience is over. IT IS NOT PERMANENT NOR PART OF WHO YOU ARE. It will pass, especially if you can get some rest. My heart goes out to you, I wish I could make it stop. Sorry I can't. Your friend.

#11 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:51 AM

it's so hard to tell yourself that they are just withdrawals, i feel like it's who i am now. 

i am graduating next week... i have to go up on stage. how can i do this??

.... a month ago.... i was still functioning. and now a month later and i literally feel like i am insane...

Natalie

It's like being drunk- it's kinda who you are for the moment, but after a while you won't be drunk anymore.

Graduating is such a wonderful event! If you're feeling a little wobbly in the knees, have a friend walk with you onto the stage. Take his or her arm; it's okay. Give the U a heads up and that will be fine.

I, and many others know how you feel about feeling insane. And in a way we are kind of insane when we go through that part of withdrawal. So if you'll pardon the contradiction- being insane is normal. Looking back, that's about as crazy as I ever got in my life! 

Hang in there Nattsie.

#12 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Recently started tapering off of Cymbalta. Having bad effects and wanted to see if there were any ways to do this without having such a negative impact on my functionality.

Posted 05 December 2013 - 03:55 PM

it's so hard to tell yourself that they are just withdrawals, i feel like it's who i am now. i am that crazy girl who's out in the public who's having a laughing/crying fit for no bloody reason, who everyone is staring at because they think she's on crack.

i am graduating next week... i have to go up on stage. how can i do this??

it's just so crazy that a month ago although things were far from perfect and cymbalta was giving me a whole heap of issues.. i was still functioning. and now a month later and i literally feel like i am insane and that i need to be checked into the crazy peoples home.

it's better that you feel like you're going crazy though, then going crazy and not knowing it?

Hi Nattsie. I think when these withdrawals are going on, it's only natural to feel so "different" from the rest of the world.   All of the advice the folks above gave you is solid...this really will get better eventually.  

I know this idea may sound awful, but have you considered backing up a few steps and taking a smaller dose of Cymbalta and tapering off of it more slowly?  It sounds like you have a lot of activity coming up and the withdrawal is stressing you out.  I'm just wondering if you might alleviate some of that anxiety by not rushing yourself along too quickly.    You may have already answered this in earlier posts.  I'm a "newbie," so I haven't seen a lot of the earlier posts, yet.  

Hang in there, my friend!

#13 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:09 PM

#14 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

#15 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontgomery Alabama
  • why_joining:
    I want help and support to get off this awful drug.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:31 PM

How are you doing now nattsie? I'm in the 12 day and I went cold turkey. I've just read all of this thread. What wonderful people there are on here. I was thinking today that I was just crazy. But I feel better now after reading this. Just wondering if you are any better today?

#16 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:45 PM

I'm having nightmares too. I just wish I had never taken this stuff. I feel like it's never going to end.

#17 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2013 - 06:50 PM

Hold on Donna but those vivid nightmares will slowly fade with time. Stay strong girl!!

#18 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:40 PM

Donna

The Nightmare is just another ride in CYMBALTALAND.

There's also The Nauseator, The Zapper, The Vertigo Tilt-n-Gag, The Boozer, The Alienator, The Manipulator, The Paranoia Cycle, The Exasperater, The Who-Knew-Flu Ride, The Ache-and-Pain Train, The Guilt Trip, The Fog Head, The Crying Jag, The Shame Train, The Giggles, The Merry-go-Numb, and The Insomniac.

And it seems that everybody has to go on every ride, and sometimes twice. But sooner or later the lights on the midway start to flicker and go dim, and the macabre drone of the calliope slowly fades away.

And finally, you can come home.

#19 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nightmares are scary, but the time comes when you can get out of bed and shake them off. Get a drink of water, flush the garbage out, and tell it you are flushing it out. The dreams do end, they are not real.  If you can share the craziness of them with someone and realize how whacked they are, it helps.  Humor has always been my escape.  I tell people I work with my crazy dream stories and I get looks of absolute astonishment.  My response is "Yeah, but just let me close my door and I will be fine.  Really.  I will handle this."  I know its crazy time.  I know that it is not me that is absolutely confused in a department store.  Its the nasty beads fighting me sending them out from my body.  I tapered slowly, for what its worth, which tells me the power of this chemical.

#20 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    Recently started tapering off of Cymbalta. Having bad effects and wanted to see if there were any ways to do this without having such a negative impact on my functionality.

Posted 30 December 2013 - 11:09 PM

I haven't been able to sleep in a while...I'm ashamed to say that I have been taking a Xanax every night to sleep.    I have not experienced any nightmares, and I have been sleeping about 6 hours; so I'm happy with that.   I certainly don't want to encourage even MORE medicaiton, Donna and Akk; but maybe that could help you sleep better.  

#21 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:58 AM

Oh my gosh thismoment you made me laugh! And Akk I have resorted to Xanax a couple of times but I feel so drugged the next day. I'm a Christian and last night I put Christian music on to sleep by. It really worked for me. The words have so much meaning for me and give me the assurance that this is temporary. I slept well last night and woke up clear headed today. I have found that as the day progresses however the fog returns. As my mind gets more stimulated I become more agitated and anxious. So the music helps calm me down and allows me to sleep. The nightmares are there but they don't bother me.

What a journey this is. I know without doubt that we will get through this and be much better people for the experience. Happy New Year!

#22 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 11:00 AM

Oops. I meant to say to Timbo I've taken Xanax. I don't think that's the end of the world. Sleep deprivation only makes this worse.

#23 Timbo

Timbo

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 December 2013 - 10:05 PM

Oops. I meant to say to Timbo I've taken Xanax. I don't think that's the end of the world. Sleep deprivation only makes this worse.

I try not to take it unless I really can't sleep.   I think it's great that you have been able to relax and fall asleep listening to music.  I may give that a try myself!  

#24 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 January 2014 - 04:52 PM

Thismoment, I so needed a good laugh!!!!  The midway has just set up shop here and I want it gone!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!! :angry: I know, patience!!! I am trying!! Dear Abby posted in her column today the Al-anon credo and a prayer from St. Francis that really spoke to me! I am cutting it out and taping it to my fridge!!!  Praying for us all!!! clara :rolleyes:

#25 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 02 January 2014 - 11:58 PM

I hate, that I want to like all the above posts but it keeps saying " you have reached your daily quota of likes " ?. So I guess I will have to let you all know that I like everything you have said in the above posts . You guy REALY do help !..

#26 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:44 AM

I stupidly haven't been keeping a journal , so I'm not quite sure how long it has been since I became Cymbalta free, my guess would be about 4 weeks but I'm going to sit down & try to work it out . I'm having diamond days & stone days , today is a very heavy rock ... My body feels like lead & Im confused & just plain sick .. Yesterday I didn't feel too bad so it's hard when you wake up & have to drag yourself around all day .

I yelled @ my husband because I thought that he was being very unsympathetic , I'm sure his eyes glaze over as soon as I start telling him how bad I'm feeling & who can blame him .
It must be hard for him to understand, that I'm not back to my old self after all these weeks. Hey! Even I have trouble understanding it so why shouldn't he!.
I don't know this woman who has taken up residency inside my body & I for sure as hell don't like her , I want ME back so desperately.

I'm so sorry that I found this site after I had stupidly weaned so quickly , if I had known better I would have weaned sooooooo slowly as you guys so smartly advise , but I am certainly suffering because of my stupidity .

Thanks again to all of you , you are keeping me sane in the knowledge that all this is going to be over with one day .

#27 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2014 - 08:11 AM

Wagtail, not stupid at all! We all do the best we can with the knowledge we have at the time! I'm so grateful for all here to support and guide me through this garbage! One day at a time, one minute at a time, we'll make it!!!! Hugs and prayers for you!!! clara

#28 KennySilvers

KennySilvers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUsa Wa .
  • why_joining:
    At first , just to figure out what was going on . Now I like to visit the site more . And hopefully offer some friendly advice .

Posted 03 January 2014 - 11:42 AM

Exactly . Just think what it would be like with out this site . I need to be at this site more often . By that fact alone , It helps things .

For Nattsie - My doctor prescribed me some things to help with sleep . And they do work . Cymbalta ruined by sleep routine .

I have to work and make money . I am really thankful that I can now sleep . Definitely get some assistance . Lack of sleep

just breaks you down . John

#29 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:43 PM

Just checked & I've been Cymbalta free for 7/8 weeks now & I can feel the gradual decrease in the severity of my w/d symptoms although I'm still getting new ones popping up now & then. John what did your doctor prescribe to help you sleep , is it something natural ?. I'm too scared to take anything chemical ..:-)

#30 Akk

Akk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:28 PM

e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users