3 replies to this topic

#1 Carlz86

Carlz86

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:57 AM

Hi everyone ...

Wow ... Coming off this drug is so awful ...

Background info: I've been on 60mg a day of this drug for around 7 years treating facial nerve pain! I found out I was pregnant a few weeks ago & Dr's wanted to get me off this as quick as possible so unfortunately I haven't been able to do the counting beads ect which seems to be the best way!

I went down from 60mg - 30mg for about 10 days & then every other day at 30mg for a week & then stopped! I'm currently on day number 5 without Cymbalta & I feel so so poorly!!

I have extreme vertigo, brain zaps, nausea, night sweats, nightmares!!

In other peoples experiences how long do these nasty withdrawal symptoms last? I'm currently off work because I just cant physically do it which isn't ideal & just would like to know when I'll be able to function again?!

I really feel for all of you going through this!! Big hugs!! x

#2 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:45 PM

Carlz86:

First, Welcome. You will get through this!

Let me say that I too did the cold turkey method due to the impending arrival of a little one. I was lucky in that I wasn't the pregnant one but perhaps it will give you all the more resolve to get clean.

Sadly the method the doctors prescribed you for the end seems to be the wrong way to go but you are past it and on your way. Crapalta's half life of 12 hours makes the every other day way a peak and valley roller coaster. The good news for you, I would imagine, is that the short half life is in the baby's favour in that it is virtually out of your system now. (just a guess)

It took me 4 weeks to be over the worst of the withdrawals and during that time I self imposed a week and a half of driving restriction. I am 6 weeks tomorrow and doing much better. There is light at the end of this tunnel for us all! You will get through it but you will need to warn those around you that it may be ugly but its not you. It's the drug yelling at them.

Good luck and keep us all posted

Lad

#3 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:50 PM

I would recommend looking into the supplements here as well. You are no doubt on a prenatal but there are others that seem to help the withdrawals. I don't know anything about their effect on a fetus but you could do some research or maybe some others who are more knowledgeable may chime in.

Lad

#4 thatstheoldme

thatstheoldme

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:21 PM

hey

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users