Photo

New Article On Cymbalta Withdrawal, Sort Of...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 December 2013 - 12:25 PM

There is a new French article on cymbalta called   "Duloxetine: withdrawal syndromes". Unluckily neither the summary or the article are available right now. The service I use is trying to get access right now. It should be very interesting. I will keep you posted.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24298592

#2 Lad

Lad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 04:57 PM

Please do fishinghat.

As seemingly most do, my medical provider seemed "taken aback" by my withdrawal when I saw him for the first time, post crapalta, this week. I would love to put a coherent, published article on his desk next time to underscore that withdrawal is real and can be severe. They are good about sharing medical information among providers in his clinic so if we can help prevent just one future living hell I would consider it to be a victory.

Lad

#3 albergo11

albergo11

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 06:30 PM

Now that the generic version is available, I suspect that more research will be conducted without needing the approval from eli lilly.  In the coming years I would not be suprised if cymbalta is exposed as one of the worst offenders.  So many people are still taking this drug, and eventually they will stop.  It's the #2 selling drug for eli lilly.  That represents a tremendous number of people, and a good portion of them are going to be VERY unhappy when they come off of the drug.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users