• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Michele29

Michele29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:53 PM

Today is day five without cymbalta. My moods are much better but i feel like a walking zombie. I couldn't fall asleep last night due to my skin crawling. The surges aren't as bad today. I am taking Benedryl at it does help a little. At this point Im starting to feel so scared that that this will go on for weeks. I don't know if I can handle many more days like this. I have been through Detox for alcoholism and I must say this is much worse. The only bright side is that I haven't had a drink and am staying strong. I know that my kids feel that something is wrong they are just to young to know for sure. I am not as much of an emotional basketcase as I was but I can feel it coming on shortly. My whole body hurts and any little itch makes my skin crawl and I get the willies. I am 29 to young to have gone through most of the stuff I have struggled with in the past and now this.. Hate is not a word I like to use but I hate this feeling and this drug. I cant understand why this takes so long I don't know how much more my husband can take. I am at my peak frustration leval...you know i read up on this drug before taking it and nowhere did it say it was a living hell to go off of it. Shame on those Doc's who know and choose to keep it in the dark. Shame on the drug company for not having better knowledge out there for the patients. Without this site I would have thought I was going crazy so thank you for this- Michele

#2 schmb01

schmb01

Worker Bee

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:57 PM

Hang in there MIchele. I'm down to less than 30 mg and will be off by the weekend, and I am with you, I'm scared too. If I feel this bad with it still in my system, I can only imagine how you must feel. Just keep coming here to get support. How much benedryl are you taking? I take 2 pills when my skin feels crawly.

Again, you can do this, just remember when you feel overwhelmed, that it is the drug not YOU.

#3 kitten924

kitten924

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:12 PM

Hey, we share some things in common: I'm a mother, 28 years old, and my husband is so beyond done with this drama. :) :|

I'm on day 22 of no Cymbalta, and right now I don't think the end to this withdrawal is in reach. :lol: I'm just so glad I can come to this place and read that I'm not alone. :( :cry:

#4 Michele29

Michele29

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:07 PM

Day 6 and feeling so much better than yesterday. No Benedryl today and I am up and feeling pretty good. I am managing to get stuff done around my house that have been put off. Please someone tell me I am over the Hump... I don't want to wake up tomorrow and have any set backs. I have a little bit of a headache just enough to know that its there. Barely any brain surges and have been in a good steady mood all day. Yesterday I didn't think I was going to make it through this. I can easily handle feeling like this. I am a little scared of trying to go to sleep again tonight. Last night was horrible 2 Benedryl and 2 Exedrin pm and my feet still felt like they we going to explode. THis with a cold towel on them. I am surprised I feel this good today but I will take what I can get...Hope it lasts and gets a little better everyday. Thanks for the responses and support boy I need it. Hope eveyone is healthy and happy- Michele

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users