#1 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 12:27 PM

Hmm, well ... what can I say - IT ALL BECOMES CLEAR NOW!  I'd done light weight research into Cymbala side effects, but not withdrawal. Am disabled and have been on 60 mgs since 2008, originally prescribed by my pain mgmt doc. Also on Oxycodone, low dose, lorazapam and gen. ambien.  All these since 2008.

2013 year-end, I was out of my Cymbalta, wanted to wait for new year of insurance to cover it ~ thought, oh 2 days wouldn't be bad.  Called PC asked her what to expect, said nausea, dizziness, headache ... (I chuckled when she told me because I already have those symptoms and had seen her for them :rolleyes:)  Anyway, somewhere during the 2 days w/o the drug I decided I want to heal myself, but picked up my RX anyway thrilled that there was a generic. 

That was yesterday ... today I'm more frightened so I came here. But yesterday, I was in a battle with the ins co, as it was more expensive this year (silly me thought generic would be less).  But I was surprised at the depth of my anger and rage!  I raged, cried (in Sam's Club Pharmacy!) ... walked out with tears streaming down my face, got to my car and threw my meds at the floorboard with such anger/force all the while crying and raging at the poor ins person (I repeatedly told her it wasn't HER fault) but my anger surprised me and scared me.  I sat in the parking lot crying, railing against the unjustness of life blah blah blah ... all the while a guy watching from his car across the isle. 

I tried to calm down, drew deep breaths and in about 10 mins thought I was okay.  But as I pulled into traffic, I floored my car, whipped in and out of traffic screaming.  Okay ... so that really scared me.  I went home, walked my dog and got in bed ... I've been crying off and on ever since and as I look at the side effects mentioned here, I'm stunned.  

I haven't taken my dose for today, am experiencing more dizziness/lightheadedness.

It was surreal ... I was/am frightened of my rage of less than 24hrs ago.   I'm scared, 60, disabled and pretty much want off this drug!  but how

#2 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:15 PM

Oh my scared60, My heart aches for you! Most of us have been and maybe some still are in the same spot as you. I am app' 6 weeks off Cymbalta by tapering dosage. You may be better off trying the bead counting method that is working for so many here. It entails taking a bead or 2 out of a capsule every day. Thismoment and fishinghat and Theequuswoman are much more familiar with this method. I am sure one of them will see your post and offer their help soon. Most of us check every day and some more than once. You have come to a great place for loving support. Lots of wise and knowledgeable people who've "been there done that" regarding Cymbalta. The fear, anger, rage, and most any other emotion you can name seems to be a part of withdrawal. Sad but true, in my opinion. AND it is scary, hence my advice to bead count as opposed to cold turkey or taper. Be as easy on yourself as possible! Do your ranting, venting whatever here on this forum! No one will fault you! It helps to let it out and better here than in a car or rage at family. God bless you, dear one! Keep checking and you'll find help here, no doubt!!!!!! Hugs and prayers for you!   clara

#3 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 03 January 2014 - 01:28 PM

I took the generic dosage today, my aunt and i share a place ... she's 70 & active, works, etc.  Me, I'm fibored packpained out of working outside the home.  My aunt tries to understand, she has pain ... but I don't know if I can put her through my withdrawal off this crap ... I'm so afraid ... so afraid ... I don't want to be one of those people who come to a help site and just complains complains complains.

My auntie does her best to understand, but with what I've read here, i don't think she could deal with the withdrawal on top of my already hurting body.  Does that make sense? 

I know, second hand, about withdrawals as I have a friend who was on massive doses of oxycontin, she went down to a lower dose ... not easy, also my son became addicted to the same oxy, I think (fingers crossed) he is off the oxy, but here's the reason I write this paragraph.  I don't want to rely on them verbally to help me, they live in other states ... well, now I've forgotten he reason I started this particular paragraph.

Thanks Clara for your prayers and advice.  I'm gona get back into bed now.  I'm feeling blessed to have found this site but I'm sooooo scared.

#4 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:21 PM

As Clara said, it's the w/d symptoms that are making you feel as you do . My advice would be to go back on the Cymbalta until you feel better than start the very slow & best way to withdraw & that's by bead counting . I stress SLOWLY as I did it way too quickly & have been suffering for quite a few weeks now & needn't have suffered so much if I taken it very slow.
The rage is part & parcel of the symptoms I'm afraid & I know how scared you feel , it's like being in a science fiction movie & having no control over the part you play.
I'm sure that one of the more experienced & knowlagable members will give you great advice as they did for me, listen to them & they will guide you through one moment @ a time.
Good luck & remain confident , you can do this .

#5 KennySilvers

KennySilvers

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUsa Wa .
  • why_joining:
    At first , just to figure out what was going on . Now I like to visit the site more . And hopefully offer some friendly advice .

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:37 PM

Hi - I have Fibro , Cfs and now the Cymbalta deal . My experience was the Cymbalta withdrawals may sneak up on you . As did me . I bought a inversion table for my back . I would seriously look into that . I found I didn't even have a bad back . The pain point was in my Pelvic area . I chased the Fibro pain out of my back . It works

#6 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:44 PM

Hi Scared60. You are not alone!

The demographic you describe is well-known here, with few differences- "I'm scared, 60 (21, 34, 47, 56, 61, 68, 72), disabled, and pretty much want off this drug." We are a family linked by common fears, common pain, common suffering, and common goals. We are brothers and sisters in withdrawal. 

We are collectively writing "THE PROTOCOL FOR SAFE WITHDRAWAL FROM CYMBALTA" for Eli Lilly, and we are doing it pro bono.

The advice from Clara is very wise: don't put others in the harm's way of your withdrawal; things can get nasty, and those folks are innocent. If you do have support from your aunt or someone else, that's wonderful and it will help you withdraw. But because their service is volunteered, it's by their grace that you are comforted. Treat them like they're the only friend you will ever have.

This situation is not your fault- you didn't plan this, but here you (we) are. And things will get better.

Was Cymbalta working for you before you ran out? Do you want to stay on Cymbalta or wean off?

If you want to get off it, weaning by bead-counting is the simplest way to taper off. An example of this is to reduce the drug by an additional 1% per day over 100 days, or 2% per day over 50 days, or somewhere in between depending how your body responds.

You are currently taking other medications: SNRI (Cymbalta), benzodiazepine (Lorazepam), opioid (Oxycodone), and the sedative Gen Ambien, which all have their unique side effects and withdrawal difficulties. If you plan to withdraw from more than one of these medications, I would advise doing it one-at-a-time to avoid the fallout from confusing withdrawal symptoms.

As Wagtail said, the rage is part of it. So are the tears.

And KennySilvers is right, the withdrawal symptoms sneak up on you and the source of the emotion isn't immediately apparent. 

Best wishes! 

#7 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:07 PM

thanks thismoment & Kennysilver too! There is a lot of good info here & understanding... And help. Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I do know I will not skip a dosage I'll have to tapper. Who woulda thunk! it's scary. How could the company not know these things and boggles the mind! Hugs to all

#8 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:11 PM

As Clara said, it's the w/d symptoms that are making you feel as you do . My advice would be to go back on the Cymbalta until you feel better than start the very slow & best way to withdraw & that's by bead counting . I stress SLOWLY as I did it way too quickly & have been suffering for quite a few weeks now & needn't have suffered so much if I taken it very slow.
The rage is part & parcel of the symptoms I'm afraid & I know how scared you feel , it's like being in a science fiction movie & having no control over the part you play.
I'm sure that one of the more experienced & knowlagable members will give you great advice as they did for me, listen to them & they will guide you through one moment @ a time.
Good luck & remain confident , you can do this .

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Hey Scared60, just a note. Ambien reacts with the same neuroreceptor as lorazepam so definitely do give yourself some time to recover between lorazepam withdrawal and ambien withdrawal. Ambien claaims that it does not cause withdrawal BUT it does ONLY if concurrently using a benzo. If you are completely off the lorazepam when you quit the ambien you may not have any withdrawal from it.

#10 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:11 PM

thanks thismoment & Kennysilver too! There is a lot of good info here & understanding... And help. Thanks so much for all the words of encouragement. I'm not sure what I'm going to do, but I do know I will not skip a dosage I'll have to tapper. Who woulda thunk! it's scary. How could the company not know these things and boggles the mind! Hugs to all

Hi Scared60. The company does know.

#11 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 05:10 AM

Stabilize back on the Cymbalta for a week or 2-  don't despair and think you can never get off this medication. Members and advice on this board prove that you can when you are up to the challenge.I wish I had found this board before I did cold turkey .I survived_ now off about 9 weeks. Probably not wise to discontinue coiming off all your meds at the same time either .

#12 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:08 AM

ZappAlta, how are you doing after 9 weeks cold turkey?

How long was it before the really strong symptoms went away, and you knew you could make it?

Do you take any other antipsychotics?

Best wishes.

#13 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2014 - 11:26 AM

Okay, so now I'm wondering ... given how long this (bleep) lasts in system, would I really have felt symptoms after just 2 days off Cymbalta?  It all happened at the end of a long day for me.  The fibromyalgia tends to make me weepy when I'm very tired.  I tend to be emotional anyway, so could it have been that rather than just 2 days with no Cymbalta?

Of course, I've never felt such rage, even when my 40 y/o son died in Jan 2013 ... oh I cried railed at the universe was despondent, etc, but not the rage of several days ago ...

Just trying to gauge things.  If I ever get off the meds, I'm certainly not going to go off everything at once.  Oh my, the thought sends shivers up my aching spine! :o

#14 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:41 PM

Scared60 hi.

Cymbalta has a short half-life of 12 hours, meaning after 12 hours your 60 mg dosage is at 30 mg in your body, and in 24 hours it's at 15 mg, and in 36 hours it's at 7.5mg. So yes you can get withdrawal symptoms if you miss a day or two.

While it leaves your body fairly quickly (50% of your last dosage is gone in 12 hours and 99.9% is gone in 5 days), some is stored in your cells, and I read that that comes out over a number of months. The drug changes the brain, and a physical compatibility is established. When the drug is removed, the brain needs to adapt to the new chemical reality- that struggle is withdrawal.

If the Cymbalta is working, many folks choose to stay on it. And living in pain is out of the question.

I agree with your point that if you are taking several medications and wish to get off them, it's best to do it one-at-a-time. Withdrawal symptoms would overlap and it would be difficult to tell what drug is producing what symptom. That sounds too overwhelming to contemplate. There is no rush to do anything- your health and well-being are all that matter.

Rage can be part of withdrawal, and crying too. 

Please accept my sympathies on the loss of your son just a year ago. Take care.

#15 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:51 PM

Well, that's the thing, I'm never really not in pain ...  I have pain every day, even on all.  I don't take higher quantities to eliminate the pain, because it scares me.  I'm so freaking confused ... So being without pain has not been in my reality in years.

#16 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:05 PM

Scared60, I can understand the constant pain. My wife has had fusion on her neck vertebrae, two discectomies on her lower back, nerve damage to her pelvic area and now foraminal stenosis of the spine. which isn't even treatable. She lives in constant pain while on 4 pain meds. It really takes the joy out of life for her.

#17 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:14 PM

I am soooo sorry to hear about your wife's pain!  OMG, I'll be sending her a dozens of prayers!  My thoughts are with you and her. Actually I say prayers for everyone in the world before I go to bed at night, I usually request health, love and light into everyone's life, but I'll put an extra emphasis on your wife, fishinghat

#18 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:17 PM

thismoment, thanks for the thoughts regarding my son.  it was sudden, but I know he's in a better place.  that's the only thing that keeps me from really going over the edge, that and my other son ... and my pup ... and my aunt.

#19 Burgoslucky7

Burgoslucky7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    To get advice from people going through the same thing as me and to tell what this medication did to me

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:28 PM

I started this bitter sweet medicine called cymbalta about 4 years ago for fibromyalgia and anxiety. Since then I've had three children every time becoming pregnant I would stop taking Cymbalta and every time I had very bad withdrawals, why do I continue to keep taking this medication? I don't know??? But when I am in such bad pain from fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel, disc problems in neck and back I start it again hopping and praying that this time will be different, but it's not and I am sick of taking medication!!!! I don't even know how or why am have so many things wrong with me. I have never been in a car accident nothing and no doctor has been able to tell me in over 10 years of doctor visits why? I am only 37 years old!!!!!!! So within the last four years I had a lot of other things go wrong with me and I am at doctors all the time. All the doctors do test like nerve testing, MRI's, blood test ect.... And they find stuff wrong but no reason of how or why. Now I am wondering if a lot of what am am feeling is from cymbalta? I have more nerve damage, my eyeballs hurt so much, unstable blood pressure, bleeding easily, iron deficiency, sweating, mood swings! weight gain! So about a month ago I quit!!! cold turkey! And I am not ok now on top of my regular pain I am so sick to my stomach, cry at the drop of a dime, brain zaps, and I feel like I have no control over anything and for a control freak this is so scary!!! I have a wonderful husband and 5 beautiful boys that I need to be ok for, I really hope I get better fast. I am scared to start taking it again and count the pellets because I have been off for over a month already. Does anyone have advice please please I can't keep feeling like this!

#20 Burgoslucky7

Burgoslucky7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:
    To get advice from people going through the same thing as me and to tell what this medication did to me

Posted 04 January 2014 - 08:30 PM

I started this bitter sweet medicine called cymbalta about 4 years ago for fibromyalgia and anxiety. Since then I've had three children every time becoming pregnant I would stop taking Cymbalta and every time I had very bad withdrawals, why do I continue to keep taking this medication? I don't know??? But when I am in such bad pain from fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis, carpal tunnel, disc problems in neck and back I start it again hopping and praying that this time will be different, but it's not and I am sick of taking medication!!!! I don't even know how or why am have so many things wrong with me. I have never been in a car accident nothing and no doctor has been able to tell me in over 10 years of doctor visits why? I am only 37 years old!!!!!!! So within the last four years I had a lot of other things go wrong with me and I am at doctors all the time. All the doctors do test like nerve testing, MRI's, blood test ect.... And they find stuff wrong but no reason of how or why. Now I am wondering if a lot of what am am feeling is from cymbalta? I have more nerve damage, my eyeballs hurt so much, unstable blood pressure, bleeding easily, iron deficiency, sweating, mood swings! weight gain! So about a month ago I quit!!! cold turkey! And I am not ok now on top of my regular pain I am so sick to my stomach, cry at the drop of a dime, brain zaps, and I feel like I have no control over anything and for a control freak this is so scary!!! I have a wonderful husband and 5 beautiful boys that I need to be ok for, I really hope I get better fast. I am scared to start taking it again and count the pellets because I have been off for over a month already. Does anyone have advice please please I can't keep feeling like this!

#21 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMontgomery Alabama
  • why_joining:
    I want help and support to get off this awful drug.

Posted 04 January 2014 - 09:48 PM

@burgoslucy, I know how you feel except that I am 56. I was put on cymbalta about 7 years ago during chemo treatment for breast cancer. Up until then I was in such good shape and in great health. Then all went downhill. I gained 50 pounds. Began suffering from severe anxiety and a host of other ailments. I was certain it was because of chemo. Only thing I didn't understand was why other people didn't seem to suffer like I did for so long after chemo. I now know without a doubt it was cymbalta. I quit cold turkey 16 days ago. I've actually felt good for two days prior to day. The withdrawal symptoms popped up again. But I'm certain I will be healthy again if I can just get through this. I've read that symptoms can last months. It's hard and I hate it but I would never take that stuff again. Most people on this forum do not quit cold turkey. I'm sure it's safer to ween but I can't go back now. I wish I could tell you what to do to make this better. I pray all the time. I'm a Christian and I know God is with me through this and will not fail me. I don't know what your faith is but I know I would not be able to do this without Him. I will pray for you because I can hear the pain in you. I believe you will get better. I believe I will get better. And again you are in my prayers. You are not alone.

#22 Burgoslucky7

Burgoslucky7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:27 AM

@-donnaprashad thank you so much for your kind words :) it brought me to tears because you seem to really understand what I am feeling I don't know anyone else that takes it. Does your body just really hurt. I am so confused I don't know if this horrible pain is from my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis or withdrawals. I know what you mean when you say your mad at yourself for taking it because as I sit here in my room I can hear my babies playing and laughing and I am so mad that I am so sick to play with them today. To many days lost from being sick then we take medication to feel better and it only makes us sicker in the end. I believe in positive thinking and that god will helps us though this. Thanks :)

#23 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 06:53 AM

ZappAlta, how are you doing after 9 weeks cold turkey?

How long was it before the really strong symptoms went away, and you knew you could make it?

Do you take any other antipsychotics?

Best wishes.

Thismoment no I have never taken any anti -dep meds .  I opted to do try a clinical trial of the Cymb for severe gastric reflux under the supervision of my Gastoenterologist. I was kicked off the trail after 4 months cause I could not get up to the 60 mg dose they required but he allowed me to take 20 mg which I will say completely stopped my Gastric Pain.  I was on it for approx 2 yrs untill I started having urinary retention and UTI's so I had to quit it.  Ahh how am I now 9 weeks out ? on a scale of 1-10  im about an (8) meaning positively better .  I posted a few times about the only Good w/d symptoms I had was coma type sleep lol

#24 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:02 AM

@-donnaprashad thank you so much for your kind words :) it brought me to tears because you seem to really understand what I am feeling I don't know anyone else that takes it. Does your body just really hurt. I am so confused I don't know if this horrible pain is from my fibromyalgia, osteoarthritis or withdrawals. I know what you mean when you say your mad at yourself for taking it because as I sit here in my room I can hear my babies playing and laughing and I am so mad that I am so sick to play with them today. To many days lost from being sick then we take medication to feel better and it only makes us sicker in the end. I believe in positive thinking and that god will helps us though this. Thanks :)

i

#25 Donnaprashad

Donnaprashad

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 08:04 AM

Yes I hurt all over. I had some of this pain before cymbalta but not all of it. I believe it is the withdrawals causing the pain; new pain and worsened old pains. But I'd rather deal with some pain that to take cymbalta or any anti depressant for that matter. I'm really not trusting any meds anymore.

#26 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:25 AM

Thismoment no I have never taken any anti -dep meds .  I opted to do try a clinical trial of the Cymb for severe gastric reflux under the supervision of my Gastoenterologist. I was kicked off the trail after 4 months cause I could not get up to the 60 mg dose they required but he allowed me to take 20 mg which I will say completely stopped my Gastric Pain.  I was on it for approx 2 yrs untill I started having urinary retention and UTI's so I had to quit it.  Ahh how am I now 9 weeks out ? on a scale of 1-10  im about an (8) meaning positively better .  I posted a few times about the only Good w/d symptoms I had was coma type sleep lol

ZappAlta, that's interesting, thanks.  Cymbalta was initially rejected due to strong bladder side-effects. But, curiously it was first marketed it Europe as a bladder-stabilizer, then later re-branded in the US as an anti-depressant.

I'm attempting to chart some rough guidelines for cold turkey vs weaning- I want to use a general scale of abrasives (which is somewhat appropriate), and is as follows:  Coarse, Medium, Fine, Smooth.  Please suggest modifications.

Coarse- the worst, the most overt , strong pain, flu-like, brain-zaps, nausea, anxiety, vertigo. - borderline intolerable.

Medium- more emotional elements added- crying, laughing, mood swings, anger. - tolerable, but difficult. 

Fine- daylight is perceived, but moderate symptoms persist. - easily tolerable

Smooth- minor symptoms remain, but slow and stead improvement is apparent. - feeling that you've successfully withdrawn.

Would you say (for example) the first four weeks of your cold turkey was Coarse and the next four weeks Medium, etc?

Thanks again.

#27 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:45 AM

ZappAlta, that's interesting, thanks.  Cymbalta was initially rejected due to strong bladder side-effects. But, curiously it was first marketed it Europe as a bladder-stabilizer, then later re-branded in the US as an anti-depressant.

I'm attempting to chart some rough guidelines for cold turkey vs weaning- I want to use a general scale of abrasives (which is somewhat appropriate), and is as follows:  Coarse, Medium, Fine, Smooth.  Please suggest modifications.

Coarse- the worst, the most overt , strong pain, flu-like, brain-zaps, nausea, anxiety, vertigo. - borderline intolerable.

Medium- more emotional elements added- crying, laughing, mood swings, anger. - tolerable, but difficult. 

Fine- daylight is perceived, but moderate symptoms persist. - easily tolerable

Smooth- minor symptoms remain, but slow and stead improvement is apparent. - feeling that you've successfully withdrawn.

Would you say (for example) the first four weeks of your cold turkey was Coarse and the next four weeks Medium, etc?

Thanks again.

Note to fishinghat, timbo, equuswoman, Akk, Donnaprashad, Wagtail, Clara, LM3B,  and all other regular posters.

Some kind of general scale for discussion would be helpful. Then perhaps general time-lines could be added. Please comment.

I acknowledge that the familiar literature states that there are vast differences in recovery times and the strengths of side effects, however, I see more in common then the material suggests. And my (granted, anecdotal)  statistics regarding the percentage that suffer side-effects vs those who don't, is completely backwards: all suffer, it seems- and far longer than we read.

If there is anyone out there who has take taken Cymbalta for a year and then quit without side effects, please send us a note on this forum (Eli Lilly employees and the army of lawyers, physicians, chemists, marketing spinners, and psychiatrists on their payroll- please don't respond).

#28 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 January 2014 - 09:57 AM

Oh my gosh, thismoment, you are such a dear! Yesterday and today... not so good for me! I thought I was doing so good! I'll def' participate in your work to help others as my foggy head clears. Perhaps a few questions to get us going in the direction you need?! Hugs and prayers all! And thanks fishinghat for that virtual shoulder to cry on!!!!  Stay warm all!!!! clara :wacko:  :hug:

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,897 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 January 2014 - 12:42 PM

Clara - No problem, we are here to help like you have helped so many yourself.

Thismoment - My sister-in-law tried it TWICE for fibro and withdrew both times without incident. My nephew tried it for arthritis (3 months) and it didn't work so he came off it and had no problems. His wife took it for 4 years for bipolar and finally came off it. She felt sort of crudy for about 3 weeks but that was about it.

They all think I am a wimp, nothing wrong with Cymbalta!!!

#30 Burgoslucky7

Burgoslucky7

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 January 2014 - 01:27 PM

@thismomment I stopped cold turkey about a month ago and I have felt horrible I will say that the first two weeks were smooth then I went to medium for a week then course. So now a month later I am between medium and course. I wake up mind clear and very hopeful but a lot of stiffness, back and neck pain really bad. As the day goes on I become more emotional, moody, and nauseous. donnaprashad gave me good advice last night she said she couldn't tell me what to do but that she wouldn't take it again, because I was thinking of starting again to ween off. Well I got through last night!! And I am so glad that I didn't start that s**t again. I was first put on cymbalta around 4 years ago for anxiety and fibromyalgia within that time I had 3 more babies and my obgyn told me to stop taking it that day!! Cold turkey!! So I did, and I remember telling my husband last time I quit that cymbalta should be illegal because of how bad the withdrawals are. I told him I never wanted to take it again. I feel so stupid to have went back to it ;~ but when I am hurting....... I don't know. I think I am the only one on here that has stopped and start again and again after quiting. Is there anyone on here that has weened off and had no withdrawals??? I think they come not matter how you stop but I am sure it hits you faster when you cold turkey but I believe that you will get it out of your system faster too. I hope everyone here gets through this safe and fast

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users