• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am really shocked im on day three of coming off 60g=mg of cymbalta. I feel desperate. couldnt even go to work today. Im so sick. wanted to find out whats wrong with me and found this site.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

lllllllllllllll

#2 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 17 June 2009 - 11:11 AM

Oh snowdrops:

8 days cold turkey, you are a Cymbalta Withdrawal Warrior! Based on my experience of cold turkey withdrawal, you are in the throes of the WORST of it. I think day 4 is when I found this forum. I thought I was NUTS, how come I was feeling worse and worse each day. I couldn't sleep so I got out of bed at about 1 am and started the infamous 'Google' search on Cymbalta withdrawal. Phew! What a blessing this forum was. Back then, it was a lot more active. A lot of members left 'cuz there was a BIG spam issue. Ops, off track!

You sound like you are doing everything you can to take really great care of yourself. That's good. And a little libido and humor, what else can a person hope for! Enjoy your 'lads' and I hope to hear from you soon. I like that you have started a journal. I look forward to hearing all about snowdrops!

Best of wishes....Houdi

#3 forliz

forliz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I am going through Cymbalta withdrawal and I need support and encouragment to get through this.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 04:09 PM

Wow! I'm not alone. But guess what, not that it's a contest, but this is my 12th day of cold turkey. It has gotten a little better. In fact, I felt so good last night that I talked to someone on the phone!! The brain zaps had subsided somewhat and I was lulled into a false sense of RECOVERY!!! Alas, this a.m. SURPRISE, good ol brain zaps are back! Gotcha!!! Lord I wish I could hunt down the person(s) who invented this drug, lock them in a room giving them a 60 mg. dose of their own medicine for six months (like me) and then leave them to go off cold turkey. Bet they'd fix this Sh***t real quick!

#4 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am really shocked im on day three of coming off 60g=mg of cymbalta. I feel desperate. couldnt even go to work today. Im so sick. wanted to find out whats wrong with me and found this site.

Posted 17 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Goodmorning Houdi..Hope your well. thanks for For your response. THinking i could be She ra at this stage. Had to laugh Forliz. Always up for a bit of healthy opposition on the competition front. Feel like Im winning hands down with the sun shining on me ...he he. Gone a bit manic today id say. too early to tell. How can you be tired getting up. Sitting here with my two silent distructors as i like to call them. My littlest wants to no if im awake...now thats a good question. Engjoy your day!...by the way forliz you may still be winning. I have decided to get the phone out as people and the noise was annoying me. Not good hey!!the phone is my enemy at the moment makes desperate brain quaking noises and absolutely (unreasonable)people expect me to make conversation. Its the fairies as they say here....we blame everthing on very small non existent individuals called fairies,can their be hope for me.

#5 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 June 2009 - 01:34 AM

hi,all day nine and i feel a lot better today. Bit shocked though dorgot it was un uniform day at schhol for one of my sons. that has never ever happened before.My husband doesnt think its a bad thing as he ll remember himself next time( he only 5 and a half have to disagree thats what mammies for at that age)anyway so cloydy and forgetful putting in toay. still have unremovable migraine and fatigue. big time. But all symptons paticulary brain zaps and stomach have eased off. AM getting their. Cant seem to look at myself in mirror at the mo!has never been a problem before!!!!!Im what you call a GIrl girl as they say here in ireland . like my clothes etc............well why wouldnt you says some of you aout there .......very handy.........beat you to it. Going to what you call my brain shrink today be interesting to see what ahe says.!!!!!!Llibido def on the up> MIss the little smilieys here. Have kinda figured to get through this you need to rest as much as you can.still ,even at nine days. But on the pluses hair has never been so shiney......!!!!!havent had energy to wash it or use eletrical appliances on it .Any body their with long hair will understand. talk to u later

#6 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hello all:

Great posts by everyone. Forliz brings up a good reminder, when we think we've rounded the corner, beat the beast, and everything is going to be rosy, it seems the old 'yuck' will come back. I was mentally set back by the 'set backs' in my withdrawal process. Especially when I would have a really GREAT day and I thought my withdrawal was OVER, then I'd have a couple or three really BAD days. Oh my! I was not prepared. I feel it was like a pendulum. I would swing way up and then I would swing equally or worse the other way....not the way I wanted to swing for sure. The way up days I had energy and happy emotions and a skip in my step. But the pendulum started to 'settle' the goods were not as Great and the bads were not as long or horrible. Now, I just need to exercise and get my own serotonin working in my head for the GREAT days and energy.

Ok guys, have some sex, drink plenty of fluids, tell a good joke, kiss your kids, pet your pets, watch your kids sleep and give yourself some extra patience. You deserve all the best life has to offer. Oh, you are all winning in my book...but hey, keep up the competition if you wish. Just don't worry about any set backs that may come, you'll get by them... I promise we all will help you through if set backs happen to you. You won't stay in that place for ever.

Best to all.......Houdi

#7 forliz

forliz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I am going through Cymbalta withdrawal and I need support and encouragment to get through this.

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:37 PM

Hi everyone, day 13, this day not so good. ALL symptoms came back including sweats, brain zaps, etc. Will this EVER end Well - I'll just keep on trudging and hope tomorrow is better. At least the symptoms are not as severe....

#8 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 June 2009 - 04:47 AM

forliz:

Yuck, a day to forget huh? I'm sorry it was a 'set back' day. When I was withdrawing, I'd have a few in a row and I really let it get to me. You seem to have a better attitude about than I. I got a little whiney...ops. This will end forliz...this will end. And you will be blessed with lots of good days. I'm happy to read you can tell the symptoms aren't as severe as the days before. You are in a good place! One foot in front of the other, except for the days when you feel really good, then you must skip and run and be free!

Drink lots of water, take a small walk, get a little sunshine on your face, rest, rest again, and give yourself lots of patience. Oh, a little human touch does great things for Cymbalta withdrawal. So get those hugs from family and friends.

You are a trouper! Houdi

#9 forliz

forliz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 June 2009 - 06:18 AM

Thank you Houdi, I really, really need hugs. Today, is another bad day, you know the routine zap! zap! zap! The first person that comes through the door will be requested to gove me a big hug.

#10 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 June 2009 - 08:35 AM

:) Works for ME!!!

#11 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 June 2009 - 07:24 AM

oh forliz hang in there. Im so sorry you have had a few bads days. Remeber our competion(smiley ment to be here) poor you. You are doing so well to get this far with me!we both are. It ll be fine. Keep saying to yourself this will pass. Thats what i say.....they tell you that during labour.....and believe me you feel like shouting. Yes well i want to know when exactly this will bloody pass, what exact f**king minute, no ,second in time!but it will. You are so allowed to have bad days.You now one day i went to work and really couldnt cope before this and i wailed at my friend....yes but look at such and such...they all manage so well....im just useless....and she gave me a hug and told me other people looked at me and said look at her she manages so well..........just we didnt going around displaying that to everyone we couldnt. I had never thought of that. YOu sound like a very capable person to me to be honest. YOu found this site,you are determined and you are going through this. (and you are so not alone!!!) today will pass,even maybe next week will this way. I think you and I for the moment will just have to accept that, Sods law as they say here( we assosiate it with a thing called turf.....google that he he you ll be taken back!!!!Have a good oul moan. I m listening and I hear you. x......hey I imagine you to be very heroic by the way.....for liz (If it means what i think it is lucky you to have someone to do it for )if not do it for you.

#12 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

hi.day 13 i think? today was great. heace gone dizzy ness gone and bounds of energy...so much so i am exhauste, drinking loads of water and taling omega 3 and 6 and flax seed (dont ask me either.....got if in the chemis!!)Changing my diet and seriously reduced cffee intakr. No pain killers for two days, Yeah hey. Am suprised at as much energy i have. Still have musclur pain and dreadly fuzzy memory. Also the odd slurred word.....also completely unrealated to that is sore feet from high heels all day. all the women in the room say hey to that one!!!oh we pay. but just thought id cover everything. GLad its been a good day and maybe tomorrow may be good too if im optimistic. proud of myself for getting this far. so ther is hope lads just if we keep chipping away at it. Enjoy your weekends. Ye can take bets if you like as to when i ll be back on sobbing.he he, ill forgive ye

#13 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:22 AM

hi, just an up date. day 26. having good days and bad days. Not great temermentally in the mornings. Felt really a bit down yesterday if I admit it. It has passed.however Im still quite cross and contrary as they say here. Was anyone else that way is that normal?

#14 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 July 2009 - 10:10 AM

ok not sure of the days but think its a round a month off. feel kina strange, not sure what to make of myself. dealing with a lot of issues face on i guess that may have been padded by the medicine. not entirely pleasent. its like having to face up to the real world not doped up (for me)sometimes to go back...actually alot of times...feels like such a better option..........whey hey the happy life!!!all very confusing. but doing well. i really think ill need to relearn a lot of stuff and just face things head on, i need to think and take time to work out a survival guide here i think!!!!wish me lucl

#15 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 July 2009 - 03:41 AM

Snowdrops:

I read your post yesterday. My mind immediately was flooded with so many thoughts and ideas. Your post took me back a year, about the same time the off Cymbalta you are!

My first thought: I wish you so much LUCK! This withdrawal thing, it is all determination and strength, no luck involved. I so respect your strength!

My rush of other thoughts: Don't take dealing with emotions and issues and life too seriously. Yes, you will have some serious things to face and HAVE to make decisions. Like if someone is sick or hurt, there is one action your gut will say is the right answer and you will act perfectly. Those are the easy ones, right. But some of the day to day issues we face, you can take some time to decide how you feel about things. Give yourself that time and patience to decide just how to take some of these things. Don't let people pull you into their 'drama.' Don't make decisions you don't want to until your ready. Some things just aren't as cut and dry. Sometimes if an answer or decision isn't clear, just leave it a day or two. You'll know what to do then.

If you get a overwhelmed, write a list. Once you get it down on paper, you'll feel better and know exactly what you want to work on. Actions or feelings, the write it down thing works well.

And, keep in mind, you must do things for yourself everyday. You must take the best care of yourself. No one else will, just you. So do something everyday for your happiness, your mental and physical health, and make it a habit. Your health (mental and physical) must come first and be a priority. I'm still working on this. I tend to put everyone else first and if there is any money or energy left, maybe I'll give myself some. Bad for me! So, I trying to walk this talk! :) Today is a new day!

So, we need to enjoy each day. We may not have another...yuck, that sounds so heavy. Oh well, we do have to plan for the future but also we have to live and enjoy each day.

Hey, my soap box is collapsing :) Enjoy today with me snowdrops! Houdi

#16 snowdrops

snowdrops

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 July 2009 - 12:31 PM

Thank you houdi that really cheered me up.the last two days was better. I looked int other drugs for anxiety and wasnt impressed. seemed like more cymbalts really. I think for the first time i must be craving the drug and the numbing I feel on it. I have so much stress in my body its mad. like i used to be .aching shoulders etc. am exercising, eating right, talking, etc etc just am used to the quick fix...the drugs. Its not the most pleasent of experiences!!!!!also have a lot of tension headaches. I have nothing really to be stressed about its just life......everything stesses me..........for no reason.(lu la land calling I knowhttps://www.cymbaltawithdrawal.com/i ... rgreen.gif. But sure hey there we go!

#17 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 July 2009 - 06:25 AM

Snowdrops:

It is tough experiencing anxiety and headaches. I live with headaches, hate them! But I have never had anxiety, until I had surgery at Christmas time. The surgeon had to cut into muscles around my belly, side and back. So I was very sore. I had an anxiety attack in the grocery store! Figured out I wasn't breathing correctly. I was breathing very shallow, so not to expand my diaphragm and therefore stretch those sore sore muscles. The feeling of the anxiety attack was so disturbing to me. I explained it to the surgeon during my post surgery exam and he was afraid he had clipped a lung! I REALLY had to work on 'breathing'.

So, my lesson in this experience is...anxiety sucks! And, sometimes we have to just breath. And breath the correct way. Maybe learn the lessons of meditation and cleansing breaths. We hear this practice all the time, but until it applies to us...well, we just hear it.

I hate to hear you have stress in your body. You are working through this though. You know how I know? You have acknowledged the problem. You are so close to a big breakthrough!!! Keep on the way you are dealing with these issues. You are true to yourself, knowing yourself, not a complacent bone in your body! You are doing a great job, come a loooong way! Chant mighty Cymbalta Slayer! Warrior of all things drug induced! Big smiles for all....OK big hugs too!!! Houdi

#18 BeautifulDisaster

BeautifulDisaster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Looking for help w/ Cymbalta withdrawal side effects

Posted 21 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

'Ello everyone..

I'm new to this posting site but am in need of some mutal support before I go postal on my fiancee'. I am currently on day 12? 13? of both Cymbalta and Wellbutrin XL withdrawal symtoms. I have finally gotten to a point in my life where I no longer feel I need drugs to keep me going and am tired of my psychatrist always trying to either increase my dosages or add more meds so I went off both cold turkey within days of each other ( I don't recommend this ). The side effects totally suck. The brain zaps and dizziness are still present, I can't keep anything down but liquids and I feel like total crap. The only good news is I am no longer having severe migraines. Will this ever end? My fiancee' is begging me to go back on my meds because he's afraid of all the bad things that MIGHT happen because I've stopped taking my meds or at least go back to the idiot who put me on all of them. What he doesn't understand is that it will be even worse going back on them now ( I think? ) than if I continue down this road of withdrawal that might have a light at the end of it????? Does any one out there have any clue as to how long one suffers from this hell?

#19 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:10 AM

BeautifulDisaster:

You have asked the 'million dollar' questions! You aren't going to love the answer, "Everyone is different!" I know, I know, I'm dodging your right hook.

If you believe you want to experience life without anti depressants, who is to say you shouldn't try. You should probably let your doctor know what you are doing, it isn't recommended to go cold turkey from either drug; and you are attempting both. It can be dangerous. Weaning is a better choice, and sometime a doctor will give you a short term prescription for another antidepressant to help stop the Cymbalta without all the lovely side effects some of us experience.

Regarding the fiance's fears, I believe bad things might happen to any of us at any time. I think the two of you will just have to talk rationally about his fears. You probably have them too. You don't want anything bad to happen to you either. So, you both are in the same boat, just don't know it. Admit it, let him know your reasoning to try, make an agreement to continue to talk about it, and figure out what to do about these withdrawals!

Oh, so easy for me to say, huh!? Best to you....Houdi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users