3 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 09:44 PM

1. Did you participate in Informed Consent before you started taking Cymbalta, and/or before stopping Cymbalta? (Did you get a proper briefing explaining the potential benefits and risks involved with starting and/or stopping Cymbalta?)

2. If not, do you think you should have been given this option before starting, and/or stopping this medication?

Here is a general definition of what Informed Consent means:

"Informed consent is a legal procedure to ensure that a patient, client, and research participants are aware of all the potential risks and costs involved in a treatment or procedure. The elements of informed consent include informing the client (or patient) of the nature of the treatment, possible alternative treatments, and the potential risks and benefits of the treatment.

In order for informed consent to be considered valid, the client must be competent and the consent should be given voluntarily."

About.com Psychology

#2 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:06 PM

I didn't , my doctor just suggested it because I was complaining that I was not responding to the antidepressant I was on @ the time.
He only told me that it wouldn't add excess weight like some of the others .. Well that was wrong as well .

There was no warning of side effects or withdrawal problems.

The GP that I'm seeing now, did tell me to wean off it & suggested 2 days on & one day off etc etc for a few weeks until I got down to 30 mgs & then the same until I got down to almost zero .
We never got to that point because I stupidly took it upon myself to do it all in a matter do a few weeks.

:-(

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 10:56 PM

Gail

I don't think you did anything stupidly. Your decision was an act of self-protection. Just accept it, and let it drift back into the past.

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 14 January 2014 - 11:50 PM

Wagtail, i agree with thismoment! Nothing you did was stupid. You did what you felt was right at the time. As Thismoment stated to accept it and let it fly away. Another good judgements on your part will be flying in and you just hold on to that one. Smile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users