#91 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Happy Valentines Day to all the wonderful ladies on this site. :)

#92 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:52 PM

Gosh, how sweet of you! Thank you!

#93 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

I feel like I can finally post in this posItive thread. I hope I
don't jinx myself. But something feels different today. My brain
Is calmer. We had a beautiful 90plus degree day here in
South Texas. Tonight we buIlt a fIre and roasted weiners and
marshmallows with the grandkids. I almost felt normal. Even if
tomorrow is bad today sure felt good.

#94 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:58 PM

Lunditz. .yippee...you found a phenomenal positive to post..Warm weather, fire, weiners, and grandchildren! What could be more positive than this...Great job...You did so darn good...

#95 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:06 PM

The positive vacation is coming to an end soon. Have many photos on my camera to take back up north with me..

Spent Valentines Day with family and friends down on the Bayou at Doc's Crab Shack...Grilled oysters three different ways triple orders, cool drinks...and lots of love..

Felt very lightheaded for the past two days and I've been on the quiet side because Ive had headaches and stomach upsets since I arrived...

Did manage to go out and do a variety of things in spite of how chappy I feel.

That's what makes things so positive. ..Doing something in spite of.........

#96 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 15 February 2014 - 12:17 AM

I feel like I can finally post in this posItive thread. I hope I
don't jinx myself. But something feels different today. My brain
Is calmer. We had a beautiful 90plus degree day here in
South Texas. Tonight we buIlt a fIre and roasted weiners and
marshmallows with the grandkids. I almost felt normal. Even if
tomorrow is bad today sure felt good.

There you go. That's the way to look at this IMHO. A good day then a maybe not as good a day then another great day then not so great etc. We must take each day as it comes to us. Make the best of it that is within our capabilities at that time. Let go of any guit or those 'what ifs' and just live in the moment. Prayers of support and hope for you Lundeliz

Some luv and cyberspace hugs 2! TheEquusWoman :hug:

#97 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:59 AM

lundeliz, my heart is overjoyed for you! Nothing like wiener roast, bonfire and grand kids to help bring you outta the w/d funk! Praying you continue to improve!!! clara

#98 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:32 AM

Lundeliz and Carleeta, wow and wonderful! Warmth, family, and food....wieners...yum....oysters done 3 different ways...oh be still my heart.... And what's the best of all of these events? You were able to enjoy them, and your families.... I love this thread...I come here often on my hard days and read/reread what's here....thank you all!

#99 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

Yesterday was a good one! Loved the snow, did a little XC skiing, took lots of pics.... a good day.... went south toward the end of the day!!!!!!!!!!! Too much  activity maybe? Haven't skied in  years, lots of back aches last night! Ugh! Vivid dreams (a rarity for me) awake a 4am.... just sad!!!!  I just want to feel somewhat normal again!!! I hate not knowing what the next hour's emotions are going to bring!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:  I am just so sick of this roller coaster ride!!!!!!!!!!!! :( Sorry, just had to get it out!!! I do continue to pray for all on the forum! So grateful for you all!!! God bless and Happy Valentine's Day!!!!  :wub:

Clara you really had a good positive day..Skiing!! Good for you awesome! I'm sure those aches and pains are from skiing...It's a very strenuous sport...The unknown is scary..not knowing how you will feel from day to day or minute to minute..Our thoughts can be our worst enemy or our best friend..These feeling are felt whether or not cymbalta has entered the picture or not..This is normal..I will pray you have many more good days coming your way..Keep up with posting some of your positives on your good days..and keep venting your not so welcomed days..Your are supported no matter what..

#100 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

8:09 pm...Arrived back in NYS at 12:30 pm..It was a great mini vacation to FL. Although way to short.

Home safe thank God. Weather here was not as bad as I expected. .Guess I missed some very bad weather here yesterday.. Also missed the extremely bad weather in Atlanta GA..a few days back. I was positively blessed with my flights back home.

Miss my nieces and nephews terribly..It was sad for all of us..

I will positively go back in the fall for a much longer stay. I'm blessed to have them and their loving hospitality.

I didn't have to cook one thing while I was there. (I admit it was difficult to NOT cook..lol)

Since they live on the Emerald Coast they are one hour behind EST. finding it difficult to adjust back on my first night home.
Therefore I'll be going to bed an hour later tonight.

Overall a wonderful, loving, and positive time s pp ent with family and friends..

#101 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To get help and support and to be a help and support.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:02 AM

Day 16, I didn't need a nap!! Aaaaaaand I went and wondered around the shops with all 3 of my kids and didn't feel stressed, not even once! :D

I must endeavour to make it here everyday to laugh out loud at you posts and add my own positives. You guys are too funny!

#102 flik76

flik76

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • why_joining:
    To get help and support and to be a help and support.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:14 AM

Also, I am becoming "giggly" again, I am actually laughing and happy, I can not believe all these feelings!! It's awesome :D.

I'm somewhere where I don't know where I am - Homer Simpson

#103 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:53 AM

Flik76..So happy you are finding some good points of your day..Eventually you will have many more of them..

#104 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

1:15 pm..Had a wonder long overdue good restful night..
Although sluggish from flying most of yesterday, my headache is positively gone.

Just put on 2 layers of clothing, boots, scarf, coat, hat, and gloves to go and start my car.

Yup, it started and I'll let it run for an hour..So happy it started..My son has done this each day while I was down south.

I'm blessed to have a wonderful son.

#105 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ok, here's my contribution .... I was able to get up and get going and felt well enough to go to Mass at the gorgeous Shrine of the Immaculate Conception here in DC ....I've missed so many Sundays in the past weeks....(blessedly one of my dearest friends is a parish priest and he's been bringing me "take out" Communion here to my apartment....he also came on one of my worst days early on and "brought the oils" to give me the Blessing for the Sick" .....what we used to call Last Rites for the dying....at the time I sure felt like I was dying) ....

Anyway, after Mass I had some lunch in the little cafeteria they have at the shrine.... And then I took the bus out to suburban Maryland to see my friend in the nursing home....helped him with his dinner and chatted, and then spoiled myself by taking a cab home....

As of now, I've got a slight headache and a bit of pain in my optic nerves....time for tea and to just relax....

But, I felt NORMAL all day today....no panic, no weeping at nothing, and no losing my temper at nothing....oh, and I saw four robins! There's hope for spring!

#106 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:51 PM

That sounds wonderful, FiveNotions. I'm so happy that you had a NORMAL day. You

must have enjoyed that very much. I hope there are many more to come.

#107 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Glad you had a good day!!!! Yes spring is just around the corner! Can't wait!  Hang in there dear friend!!!  hugs and prayers for you! clara :D

#108 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:40 PM

FiveNotions. .You are truly blessed. What a positive thing to post..And once again God Bless you..

#109 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

1:07..pushed myself out of bed...Washed my face, brushed my teeth, sponge bathed myself (felt a little too lightheaded to get in the tub)..Put everything back in its place..lol lol

Payed bills online..Ate some Greek Ativia..called my cousin.put on boots, scarf, coat, hat, gloves and went outside to start my car..

I am still mobile and that's a positive..

#110 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Well I'm very lucky FiveNotions reminded me to look back on my positive posts.
I've done quite a bit in the last week..and so many positives I noted.

It's only natural to feel a low after returning from vacation.

Exhausted I am..lol lol..especially finally all unpacked and suitcases are put away.

I feel great knowing I did my wash while in Florida and realized I could just hang up my clothes and put the rest in drawers..:)
Therefore I feel I took a bit of vacation home with me..yippee for that.

Did my Donald Duck anxiety meditation..and my relaxation...

Now will get ready for my coat, hats, boots, and gloves to go back outside and turn my car off..

#111 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

3:33...wonder if 333 means something..will check it out later..Usually when 3 numbers meet its a sign that angels are looking over you..

Car is shut off..took off winter clothing..sun is shinning brightly..

Contractor Dave is calling again to disarm security system..lol lol I know I'm back home again. .lol lol

Day appears as if it's getting better..No headache so far...

All upcoming appointments have been logged into my planner..

I made progress today in spite of feeling lousy..lol lol

#112 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

Just looked up 333..Wow..it means the angels are reminding you to get your mind, body, and spirit back into alignment. .

Thank you for the reminder Angels...

It's positively awesome they sent me this sign today..I know I'm blessed..

#113 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:59 PM

Good day for you, Carleeta!  I'm going to mention a couple of good things that I have noticed as I start week 5.  The arthritis in my hands is hardly noticeable (due to almost 30 yrs of typing in call centers), which is a wonderful surprise and the restless leg syndrome has been gone for over a week now :) 

I would like to ask if the constant tiredness (I slept til almost 11am today) is normal at this stage of the w/d.  Also, I am embarrassed to say that I stashed all the Christmas stuff in my bedroom with the plan of putting it away over a month ago.  It is still there :angry:  I cannot seem to get it together to take care of the stuff.  I keep hoping that this feeling of utter hopelessness will ease up...

I would welcome any feedback!

Thank you all for your love and support - Bless you! :hug:

Liz

#114 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Was able to go horseback riding with my sister and friend. Enjoyed it so much! Brings me peace. Got to call the farrier and have my little horse, Hershey's shoes put back on him as we plan to begin trail riding since the weather is beginning to warm up a bit down here in sweet home Alabama! That 'ride' was a big ol' POSITIVE in my life! :hug: From TheEquusWoman

#115 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Was able to go horseback riding with my sister and friend. Enjoyed it so much! Brings me peace. Got to call the farrier and have my little horse, Hershey's shoes put back on him as we plan to begin trail riding since the weather is beginning to warm up a bit down here in sweet home Alabama! That 'ride' was a big ol' POSITIVE in my life! :hug: From TheEquusWoman

Equuswoman. .So excited for you..You seem to have enjoyed yourself..How about the nice warmer weather coming your way..It's coming at the right time for you..Hershey will have his little shoes put on and the two of you will go trail riding...You had a very POSITIVE ride...yippeee. ..

#116 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

[quote name="TryinginFL" post="37055" timestamp="1392670711"]Good day for you, Carleeta!  I'm going to mention a couple of good things that I have noticed as I start week 5.  The arthritis in my hands is hardly noticeable (due to almost 30 yrs of typing in call centers), which is a wonderful surprise and the restless leg syndrome has been gone for over a week now :) 

I would like to ask if the constant tiredness (I slept til almost 11am today) is normal at this stage of the w/d.  Also, I am embarrassed to say that I stashed all the Christmas stuff in my bedroom with the plan of putting it away over a month ago.  It is still there :angry:  I cannot seem to get it together to take care of the stuff.  I keep hoping that this feeling of utter hopelessness will ease up...

Thank you all for your love and support - Bless you! :hug:tryinginFL..It's great to hear the pain in your hands have disappeared. Oh don't you worry about those Christmas Decorations. You can always get those put away anytime, and if you don't, that's ok too..I have a saying which I used with my clients when they would worry about things; it goes like this.."What ever you are worrying about, will it make a difference in your life ten years from now?" This is the way to handle the small worries..Now concerning your longer sleep patterns..I'm thinking it is a normal withdrawl symptom to have consistent tiredness and not feeling all energetic..It's ok and in time you will gain your energy level back...Other members here will certainly chime in and express their symptoms when they stopped cymbalta cold turkey...Good Luck...Keep enjoying your warm weather...

#117 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:14 PM

Trying, It's still a tough road, but I am learning not to sweat the stuff that can be done later! It's ok and things will improve!!!!! Hang in there!!!! Better days ahead for all of us!!!!  clara :)

#118 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

EW, glad you got a ride in!!!!  warm weather and a sweaty horse. (love that smell).. maybe I'm crazy, but it just can't get much better!!!!

#119 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Carleeta, the tiredness is not a suprise to me. It may last for a few weeks but your body is wore out and needs the rest right now. I had a lot of fatigue for several months after coming off the big C.

#120 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

[quote name="TryinginFL" post="37055" timestamp="1392670711"]Good day for you, Carleeta!  I'm going to mention a couple of good things that I have noticed as I start week 5.  The arthritis in my hands is hardly noticeable (due to almost 30 yrs of typing in call centers), which is a wonderful surprise and the restless leg syndrome has been gone for over a week now :) 

Thank you all for your love and support - Bless you! :hug:tryinginFL..It's great to hear the pain in your hands have disappeared. Oh don't you worry about those Christmas Decorations. You can always get those put away anytime, and if you don't, that's ok too..I have a saying which I used with my clients when they would worry about things; it goes like this.."What ever you are worrying about, will it make a difference in your life ten years from now?" This is the way to handle the small worries..Now concerning your longer sleep patterns..I'm thinking it is a normal withdrawl symptom to have consistent tiredness and not feeling all energetic..It's ok and in time you will gain your energy level back...Other members here will certainly chime in and express their symptoms when they stopped cymbalta cold turkey...Good Luck...Keep enjoying your warm weather...

Carletta darlin'....

Don't worry about the Christmas decorations. My LR looked like a bomb had exploded in there for 'several' weeks after Christmas. It helped knowing that the Cymbalta was more than likely the reason for this. Another thing that was helpful to me was that my family had read some of the info here on the forum. This helped them to know what was going on in my life while weaning off this drug. There are so MANY w/d symptoms due to this evil, vile, nasty drug. Hang in there we are  here hanging with you sweet forum friend!

Much love,

Many prayers,

& hope always 'hope'

TheEquusWoman :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users