#1831 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

A good beginning Raven. Time and patience. You WILL get there.

#1832 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:11 AM

Yes, a very positive beginning.

#1833 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:12 AM

IIRC, you lost a lot of weight, didn't you FH ? Did your eating habits change while on cymbalta? What about afterwards?

#1834 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:45 AM

Well Raven, I see some positive results here and how you lost weight.  Wonderful progress in the weight area.  Yes. Raven I did misunderstand, thought you still went with your friends and didn't stay late because the area was bad.  Now I realize you didn't go at all.  That's ok.....you had a better time getting on the scale.

FiveNotions,,,,,hello, nice to see you..

#1835 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 July 2016 - 09:59 AM

It's positively going to rain out there today.  I'll be going into the lab for a few hours.  Hoping it isn't going to be a down pour or anything because I've truly had enough rain here this summer.  Although I'm in a positive mood and still have a little more packing to do. I do need to get to the store for a few last minute things.  If all else fails, and the weather holds off till a bit later I can do them on my way home.  If not, there is always tomorrow.  Well  I'm positively getting ready for this vacation part of my trip.......yipeeeeeee

#1836 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 July 2016 - 10:34 AM

Yes, I did FN. When I started on psych meds I started to slowly gain weight. I must admit that by the time I went on Cymbalta I had already gained 55 lbs. In Nov. of 2015 I tighten up my diet some, cut my calories to 1200/day. As I lost weight I slowly increased my calorie intake until I got to 1800. Still there and lost a total of 55 lbs. At the same weight as when I was in my 20's. As Carleeta would say, Yippeee!!  Now that is a positive.

#1837 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:01 PM

Yipeeeee, Fishinghat.....yipeeeee

The weight gain for me was about 10 to 15 lbs......way too much.  Although I did fight to get it off which was very difficult I guess I just keep working out and it did come off.

#1838 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:35 PM

My positives today were great....

Getting to the lab (by the way there was only a bit of rain and a few thunders....lasted an hour) everything is set to go, and yes i still  had some work they asked me to do....lol lol lol

Spending a wonder afternoon and early evening with my niece (she finally came over and told me I didn't sound too good....lol lol lol)....We had a bit to eat and off shopping we went.

She needed a steam mop and vac.....we found it....She needed a very small vac for floors.....we found it.....She came over to where i was looking at something and started investigating

couriously.  i needed another small prep chopper.  She asks me if this is what I use for my guacamole as it takes about 5 steps in chopping.  Well when I said "yes" she started to think

she should get one also.  As I explained to her she should get the whole set (which The Ninga had....I'm a Wolfgang Puck user of all my cooking utensils with the exception of my food

processor which is a Cusinart and my mixer is a Kitchen Aid). So she was ready to buy the Ninja set without the chopper and I stopped her and told her to get the whole set which included

the chopper for 20 dollars more.  Of course this is what she did buy.  I did buy the Ninga master prep and I'll see if it's as good as the Wolfgang Puck.  For me I was just in need of a new

prep chopper like yesterday...lol lol lol.   What I"m not sure about is the Ninja is it doesn't have a pulse of high and low.  My Wolfgang Puck one does, although it's wearing down after

these 6 years of use.  

We were all set and checked out of the store and her husband calls and asks her to get some Alkaline for the pool.  Back we go into the store and buy what was needed for the pool. Of course I remembered to buy two laser toys for Izzy my cat.  

We finally get back to my home and there she was in the guacamole, and Italian green been salad....lol lol lol.  she goes to grab the crackers and couldn't understand why they tasted bland.  She then noticed I bought the ones without the salted tops...lol lol  lol.  When i didn't feel well I did buy the unsalted top ones....lol lol lol.  then she went right for the ciabatta bread..lol lol lol

She was off to leave and realized I was leaving wednesday and off to see her sister. She had a sad face and I reminded her I would be at her place in few weeks...as she is leaving for Florida in a week....lol lol lol.  

It's all to funny and yet sooooo positive....  and a great Yipeeeeeee 

#1839 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 July 2016 - 09:19 AM

Up about 8am....house work? Just dusted a bit, made my bed , and clorax wiped down the bathrooms.  Looked at my planner and appointment book and seems like all is on time and completed....  It was time to jump on to the positive forum and state this big achievements I've completed.    yipeeeeeee

Last minute things to be done today and I'll me off in the early am tomorrow.  my nose and chest seem to be improving daily....   

Will report more as the day progresses.

#1840 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 July 2016 - 01:40 PM

Have a wonderful time, Carleeta ! So glad you beat that summer cold !

You'd hate traveling with me ... I don't pack, and plan very little ... basically just a small carry-on with change of underwear and a toothbrush ... and, if I forget either (or both) of those, just buy 'em someplace (or go without  :P )

Sure hope you check in here with SF reports !

#1841 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 26 July 2016 - 06:27 PM

My positive for today was getting my much-needed massage and now I am watching the Cubs...

I would like to chime in here too - Bon Voyage, Carleeta!  Hope you have lots of pleasant days! :hug: 

#1842 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 July 2016 - 08:50 PM

Thank you everyone.  I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends.  OMG ...I two bags of luggage...lol lol lol.  I need everything with me. honestly I do.  I have my own pillow packed, believe it or not...lol lol lol.  I also have my lawn chair padding with me because I cannot and I mean cannot sit on those plastic or iron chairs they have in outdoor restaurants...lol lol lol.  That's in my carry on...lol  lol lol.   It's even in my trunk of my car...  The pain is horrible if I'm not sitting on something cushioned..  Also I have so many places to visit and travel to I need tons of different clothing, from relaxation, to dinner, to dress suits and pant for work.  I've never taken so much anywhere, but this time I have to.

There is a plan to all this luggage.  I will leave 3/4 of it with my niece who is just going there for a vacation.  I will see her towards the end of the Florida trip and she will be driving that back for me.  Therefore, for the SF trip it's no bathing suit that's for sure...lol lol  lol.  She will take all the vacation clothes back to my home....yipeeee

How could I not be organized.....I know no other way....  I'd be lethargic without organization.....

Well at some point tomorrow I'll jump on and say hello, ether between flights or when I land......

Until tomorrow......  It's all positive... 

#1843 Lorelei67

Lorelei67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 26 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

Safe travels Carleeta! Glad you are getting away! My positives for today....I have slept all night long for 3 nights in a row. (Well give or take the night time potty breaks, but that has just always been a given, for me, forever. ). I would highly recommend getting some ashwaghanda to help with your sleep, if that is still an issue with any of you. It didn't work immediately, but now is doing the job. Also, I am positively grateful for central air conditioning! First summer with central, instead of window units, and it has definitely been the summer for it. So thankful!

#1844 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 10:36 AM

My positive for today -  I have made an appointment to see a professional counselor :)

#1845 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:02 AM

That's wonderful news, Raven !! BRAVO !!!   :D

#1846 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 11:06 AM

just landed and waiting for my luggage....yipeeee.  Landed early.....yipeeeee.  Once I get to the hotel and settled I'll be able to type a bit more.

It was a good smooth flight..... the only anxious part of this flight was there was landing in Atlanta and making my next flight. getting from point A to B was way too fast.

Waiting for my nephew to pick me up from the airport.  He wasn't totally ready for me to arrive 30 minutes early....lol lol lol.

Opps I'm seeing my flight number coming up so I have to go and grab my luggage.  Chat soon......

#1847 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:08 PM

I'm positively loving this break from daily home life and working. I could live in a motel where they make my bed, room service, and just walk down to whatever outside/inside pool, and etc....lol lol.lol......Well this might start bothering me after a week....lol loll.....

The Emerald Coast is so beautiful.  It's actually has an emerald color.......

Its a bit bothersome knowing I'm an hour behind......keeping my watch on EST....

and YIPEEEEEEE 

#1848 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:27 PM

Just feel tranquil here, enjoying my niece and it's absolutely wonderful to be with her sober.  She is actually my oldest niece and went with me everywhere when she was young.   It's been a very long road for her and she has made it.We are spending normal time just doing the girl things....pedis and manies..... on boat rides to see the dolphins, shopping, jacuzzi (not me her) lol lol.  Sitting on the balcony watching the view of the Emerald coast , fireworks,  and Margareataville, of course. I'm at her home now and waiting to see my great niece in her new environment.

Tonight we will be going to Karate Camp so I can see my great niece.  Can't wait for that.  Taking her to dinner and shopping for school clothes tomorrow.  

Weather here is pretty good. Not too hot.  What a difference with the heat indexes.  The same heat index here is cooler, than the same index back home.....in the summer anyway.....

#1849 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:44 PM

My positive right now is I'm sitting at my nieces home on her back deck looking at her pool.  Oh how I wish I could just go in right now....lol lol lol.  I'm dressed for dinner, although I do have this Karate Camp to go to first....I think I just might be a little over dressed for this one...lol lol lol.  Oh well I do know I'm a little over dressed for my nieces town....lol lol lol lol.  Everyone here is so laid back it amazing...  I'm staying about 20 minutes away from her home.... My nephew who is a doctor (her husband) can't wait to go to dinner at my hotel later because he said he hasn't dressed up in all the years he's been down here...lol lol lol.   It's just so funny to hear how they truly enjoy dressing up every now and then.  I enjoy their hustle and bustle because it's normal living for me.  

If anyone ever wants a truly relaxing environment in the US its truly is Sandestin, Florida.  It's so southern here, i truly mean southern.  I am enjoying this southern hospitality, except when I'm in line at a store.  Back home I have the anxiety in lines although I get through them.  I just don't like waiting in them.  Here is way too much anxiety waiting in lines. I'm waiting for ever as the clerks here talk so slow and they talk to everyone in line.  I am doing my breathing exercises more often than back home... I do find this amazing..  It's sort of funny and positive, although a bit nerve racking too.

My nephew has wanted to work on my back and neck since I started having all this pain, unfortunately I have to turn him down because I'm truly afraid if he knocks something else out of place. I'm blessed to have him offer.  I know he feels bad I keep resisting this offer and he feels bad because I always stayed with my own doctor and never called him up.  I tell him all the time I want him as a nephew and not a doctor.  To keep our family and medical issues not separate. I feel it's a good thing and he feels hurt.  I tell him all the time I love him more for him and not his doctor skills...lol lol lol.  He still doesn't buy it....lol lol lol.   Little does he know, that I know, we talk medical all the time and definitely butt heads on his issues with lab people...lol lol lol.  

He always thinks he's right over the lab results. Just a for instance.....a few days ago his daughter (my great niece) didn't feel well and her throat hurt her.  There he was thinking she had strep throat, and my niece also.  I told him to stop saying they had strep..  I asked him to get me some strep swabs from the lab at the hospital.  Of course he did.  I swabbed both their throats and did the strep test on them both.  They both came out negative.  He said he didn't believe it.. I showed him the results and he still didn't believe it. So now he wants to swab them himself( (which the nurses do), which he did and I preformed the test in front of him (while he was reading the directions and telling me step by step what the directions stated...lol. lol lol) So ok the test is done and sure enough the tests were negative.  We now have this understanding how he needs to trust the lab workers..... I feel he has a whole new outlook on them.  We had this long discussion (please also remember I have my psych degree) on how prescribing antibiotics too often is not good.  I explained to him how prescribing lots of meds is not always good either.  The pros and the cons.  Well sure enough we had the discussion on anti depressants and on to cymbalta.  He has know read and surfed this forum and can't believe what he is reading.

He is now very interested in Cymbalta and other anti depressants and changing his view on different aspects of medications in general.  

He could not figure out why I jump on this forum and read issues here.  He's using it as a guest and our conversations have been out so many individuals come into the ER complaining of issues which he himself has dismissed.  He now states he will always take into consideration Cymbalta as a medication and it's effects,  

How I positively hope just one doctor can make a difference in someones life on this med.  He always states how he's going to have other ER doctors check this out.  Now my nephew lives down here in Florida, although he rotates up where we live in NYS.  He's up there at least once a month.

Hopefully, this is a positive change in the making for everyone.........

#1850 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

Positively off to Karate Camp....too funny as we are all over dressed....lol lol lol :unsure:

#1851 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2016 - 10:24 PM

My positive for the day is this...I will go to bed and wake up tomorrow ready to tell Sinbalta that he will not win today or any day. I love you all my supporters and friends.

#1852 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 11:14 AM

If I had to pick something I would pick this:

Today is month #4 of being Sinbalta free and I see my counselor today for the 1st time.

#1853 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:54 PM

well my positive is hearing and awaiting the good new about Raven and her therapist.  This is a positive move in the right direction Rave.  I'm very proud of you......positively....and yipeeeee

#1854 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

It's positively been relaxing and exciting here.  I'm feeling some 'separation anxiety' with my grandson.  I love him "to the moon and back".  Not seeing him is positively saddening.  He usually calls me every evening (he's only two) and we chat in his language...lol lol lol.

Only a few more days here in Destin (which I will return her prior to leaving Florida) and on my way to West Palm and Miami.  looking forward to seeing my best friend of almost 60 years.  She lives in West Palm and we are going down to Miami for a few days to visit another friends of ours....  this I'm looking forward to. I do love the hustle and bustle of big cities...

Hearing the weather there is a bit more cooler than where I am right now.   

Well just awaiting everyone for dinner again. It's going to be my favorite......raw oysters.... There is a place here called "Doc's" it's and actual doctor who owns this place and it's so small, on the Bayou...It's a town over from Sandestin.  My niece and her family actually live here and I know this place like the back of my hand...lol lol lol.  this place is definitely dress down.  Her husband and I always go for the raw oysters. This is my all time summer favorite.  they cost a fortune in NYS, although here they are extremely cheap.  What I do like besides the raw oysters are the grilled oysters.  So we are going to get both....The scenery is so pretty here on the Bayou......

Well I'll positively try and pop on after dinner and when I get back to my hotel.......

#1855 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

You are positively making me hungry, Carleeta!  I love oysters too!!! :lol:

#1856 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

I am positively pleased with the session I had yesterday with my therapist.  With my experience with psychiatrists I was a little worried at first.  But she is real down to earth and calm.  We talked about my history and got the basics down yesterday.  She gave me homework, which I thought was funny, but I liked it.  We talked about the possibilities of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Boundaries and Mediation.  There is much to look forward to and I see her again in 2 weeks. :)

#1857 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

That is just the beginning Raven. She will teach you a lot about relaxation and the does and don'ts of anxiety. It will take some time but it will be a valuable tool. I am real happy you started down this road. As Carleeta would say...."Yippeee!"

#1858 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

My positive for today was my weekly massage - wow, did the back and shoulders hurt!  She had to use her elbow to try to loosen the muscles - OUCH!! :o

Thankfully, she switches to a relaxing massage after that....ohhhh :P

#1859 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:15 AM

I am positively here this morning!!

Love you all :hug: :hug: :hug:

#1860 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:53 PM

My positives are all here with each and everyone of you.  I have had a positive couple of weeks.  Anxiety is steady and about a level 1 which is great.  I'm now in a faster place of living than where I was....lol lol lol.  Seeing my best friend 59 years or we are guessing if its 60 or 58.  There was sadness with my departure although we are both on to bigger and better changes in our life.  We'll see each other again in August for our class reunion.  

With my niece now at her condo.  This is where I'm leaving most of my luggage, Thank God....lol lol lol.  What I love about her here is she won't let me do one darn thing.  Seriously, she does everything with two exceptions.  One is I can make my own bed...lol lol lol....and when she's cooking she wants (or should I say needs) me in there with her.  

I'm missing my grandson's 2nd birthday and I can feel this in my heart.  He's going into the city for his birthday this year and even if I was back home I wouldn't have seen him. My son does have him call me every night....  I positively miss my little guy, and my son and daughter in law.  I'll see them in August. 

My great nephew's birthday is the 17th and I'm missing him just as much, along with my future great niece in law.  She is at my house almost every single day...lol lol lol.  She calls me every night also...lol lol lol.  I'll just have to have a special birthday for him when I get back.

It's raining right now and the thunderstorms are loud...looks like there will be rain for a few days here....Waiting to get to Marco Island in a few days and off to visit another friend of mine who lives there....not so sure about any boat rides this vacation....lol lol lol.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users