• Please log in to reply
1908 replies to this topic

#1861 Lorelei67

Lorelei67

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 August 2016 - 08:54 AM

My positive for today...haven't had a brain zip in at least a week. Sleeping at night....feeling more e energy during he day. A lot of positives going on. Now, if I could just get the mood swings under control....but I am positively going to beat those, too! Good morning, and have an amazing day, everyone! 😊

#1862 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:16 AM

My positive for today is I see my counselor for the 2nd time today.  Something I am actually looking forward to.

#1863 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:22 AM

Yay, Raven!  Isn't it wonderful to talk to someone who doesn't judge and helps you to move on -  no matter what?

My positive for today is a split doubleheader with the Cubs and Milwaukee! :D

#1864 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

I never post here.

My positive is for all the great info we get at the forum plus the compassion.

#1865 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 August 2016 - 01:23 PM

I second that Gail. God bless to all!

#1866 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:17 PM

I am positively grateful to come back here and see my old friends still here giving hope, love, compassion to all who need it and with a great sense of humor! I positively did an 81/2 hour day at work too! Yep finally went back to my old stomping ground that I walked out of during a Sinbalta meltdown over 3 years ago. Just told my old boss I wanted to be a peon and stay out of the management end of it and praise God, he welcomed me back in whatever capacity I could handle. With the Sinbalta w/ds behind me, but still dealing with the Graves Disease symptoms I am grateful to be able to function as well as I do. These past 3 years has changed me, but I continue to move forward and hope and pray all others here do also! God bless!!!!! :)

#1867 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:50 PM

Well, I am positively disappointed because I found out my appointment is tomorrow instead of today. But I am still positively happy that I get to go tomorrow. :)

#1868 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

Hi Clara!!  Good to hear from you. You keep pushing on girl!!

#1869 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:42 PM

Welcome back, Clara!

So good to hear that you are back to work - I wish you nothing but the best and please don't be a stranger!

We'd like to continue to hear your updates :)

#1870 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 August 2016 - 05:56 PM

Hello Clara,

Welcome back to the family. So so nice to see you, good update.

Your ears must have buzzed lately because your name came to mind often.
Hope to see more of you!

#1871 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2016 - 10:41 AM

Positively tired but ready to see my counselor today :)

#1872 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2016 - 06:23 PM

Session was good. The hour was over and I was disappointed. Finally on the right track it seems.🙂

#1873 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:04 PM

Well I have 'positive' news. My psychiatrist has just announcing that he will no longer be practicing psychiatric medicine. He is going to become a 'regular' dr. Now this will be my 8th new psychiatrist in 12 years. That 'positively' sucks. Training a new dr  'positively' sucks. Did I mention that this sucks?  Oh well. One thing about it. I have experience changing drs.

#1874 BelaLugosisDad

BelaLugosisDad

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:38 PM

Well I have 'positive' news. My psychiatrist has just announcing that he will no longer be practicing psychiatric medicine. He is going to become a 'regular' dr. Now this will be my 8th new psychiatrist in 12 years. That 'positively' sucks. Training a new dr  'positively' sucks. Did I mention that this sucks?  Oh well. One thing about it. I have experience changing drs.

Well you are well versed in training them.

Did you ask him why he was quitting psychiatry to become a regular doctor? Heart not in it any more? Tired of selling dangerous snake oil? KPI's not high enough? Profit warning?

#1875 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 August 2016 - 02:43 PM

Good question. I see him one last time next Tuesday and I will ask. Most of the drs I have spoke to in the past mention too much politics, insurance issues and to much of a patient load.

#1876 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 August 2016 - 04:01 PM

Positively tired :(

Positively missing the creator of this thread Carleeta :(

#1877 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

Positively been one fun, interesting, loving, and heartbreaking vacay.  With all the birthdays I missed and felt saddened about (my grandson and my great nephew back in NY), it all happened to come to light.  They surprised me and flew in last night.  I could not believe my eyes.  My niece asked me to answer the door when we heard a knock.  OMG there was my grandson standing there and I just froze with disbelief and saying how could this be and then all of a sudden my son, daughter in law, my great nephew and my future great niece in law just in and said "surpise". They all flew in for a huge family double birthday party.  This was the biggest surprise I have ever received.

I sorry Raven,I'm here now for a bit and then in about a week I'm off to California for work and don't know if I'll be on here more or less during that week.  I'm going back to my other nieces home and leaving from there to CA.  So I'm sure I'll be on here during that time.  

Positively I have missed you all.  Found it difficult to find time these past few weeks with visiting family, and friends.   

#1878 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Positively happy to see a post by Carleeta - I understand about work and family - Just missed you is all :hug:

Positively frustrated and tired

#1879 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 21 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

Positively feel as I was home these last few days with the exception of my cat.  Speaking of my lttle Izzy, I was wondering who was watching her.....urghhhh... Well she is being taken care of very well by my cousin who lives two doors away from me....Thank God.  Well it's been so wonderful to have every single family member here with each other all at the same time.  The huge party is today.  Yesterday we spend the whole day cooking.  I don't understand why Italians always do this because we cook out....lol lol lol.  Always part of any of my anxiety therapy is cooking. Since it' going to be sort of hot out today, we'll grill outdoors and eat indoors or on the screened outdoor patio.  We'll take it as it comes with the temperature.  Naturally the hummas, and guacamole are made, I decided to add something different; I made a nice tomato tapenade.  Don't know what I would have done if my niece didn't have a food processor.  It's positively been so amazing to have everyone in the kitchen all at once. lol  lol lol.  My son and I do share this one particular love together and that is 'cooking'.  He is making the chicken riggies as I am here on computer.  I helped him prep so now he is ready to start cooking it.  All little dishes are done and they are not your normal macaroni salad or potato salad.  They are more like, fried sweet and hot peppers, caprisi salad, zucchini and fried potatoes in fresh Italian sauce, and Italian green beans....lol lol lol.   What a cookout with Chicken Riggies.....lol lol olo.  Italians have to have some pasta with all types of meals....lol lol lol.   That's ok we have other cultures in our family now and they have added their specialties.....lol lol lol.   We never ever do get to the hot dogs and hamburs.  We do however get to the ribs and Italian sausage.  

It's positively been very positive.  I will be leaving for Destin again tomorrow and then in a little less than a week i'll be off to Caifornia.  My anxiety level is about a 2 and holding.  I don't know why I even stressed over this prior to leaving.  My anxiety seems to have worked itself out with my preparation for an "out" while I'm on the west coast.

All is positive........ 

#1880 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 August 2016 - 09:06 AM

Positively happy to hear you are enjoying yourself Carleeta.

#1881 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 August 2016 - 10:19 AM

My positives for today:

My Lord and Savior

Waking up with his arms around me :wub:

My beautiful children

My ever supportive family

My ever supportive CWS family

#1882 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:09 PM

Thanks for sharing that Raven! Yes, yes ,yes! Would never have survived the Cymbalta crazies and the horrible w/ds without The Savior and my supportive friends here! God bless!

:)

#1883 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:51 PM

My positives today:

I am blessed

#1884 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal syndrome

Posted 27 August 2016 - 07:14 PM

This is a big step for me towards healing. Writing this is a positive event for me.  This is day 43 free from Cymbalta and Wellbutrin, I was removed from both medications by an overzealous psychiatrist cold turkey on July 15th. I spent 16th, 17th and 18th of July vomiting uncontrollably, complete with brain Zap's. Three days later, I ended up in the ER, for fluids, after losing 10 LBS in 72 hours.  I have been unable to work since. I am a licensed mental health professional and have been on some sort of antidepressant for 10 years due to depression secondary to brain injury many years ago.  My symptoms of withdrawal have included, poor emotional regulation, crying for no reason, laughing for no reason (both inappropriately), clumsiness, brain fog (Frequently losing items) and a complete loss of ability to enjoy or play music. I had to drop out of the band I was in I couldn't tolerate the noise due to body sensory sensitivity to light, sound and touch.  The psychiatrist who did this to me, claimed a disturbing lack of knowledge of cymbalta withdrawals, only saying "wow, I heard that can happen sometimes". Now he wants to put me back on psychotropics. Using the same reasoning the landed me in the ER some 40 days ago.  "All the algorithms would indicate that you (myself) are bi-polar depressive, thus you need to take lithium, which I promptly refused.  The same algorithm theory that led him to taking me off the medication cold turkey. No thank you.  However, I do need this doctor to sign my disability paperwork for FLMA and since he refuses to release me back to work I need to find a new MD doctor quick to help me recover and sign off on my disability until I heal.  On to the positive. Things are getting better slowly, with all the major symptoms reducing in the last ten days.  The uncontrollable mood swings, rage, laughing, crying all have stabilized. The sensory issues also are better.  Though I am not sure a return to my old job as a mental health crisis clinician for traumatized children is realistic.  it will be long time before I can tolerate any level of exposure to serious trauma through my clients if ever.  I am seeking both holistic and medical treatment at the moment.  I'm 10 days into a 20 day cleanse, taking a variety of supplements; including Gaba, omega 3's, a magnesium supplement, hydration, acupuncture and lots, lots, lots of relaxation.  This is a start for me, a good friend suggested I write about this...so I thought I would give it a try.....thanks

#1885 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 August 2016 - 10:57 PM

I am sorry you went through all that. I am glad that you are taking steps to make yourself better.

#1886 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

A wonderful post ANFSCD. This shows the tremendous courage and strength you have. A definite plus in your profession. It is sad that this story has been repeated here by others too many times. We must be proactive and carefully review all medical advice. We must listen and consider the advice but the ultimate decision is ours. It is our health.. Ay least he had heard it was possible, many doesn't even know that.

God bless and hang in there.

#1887 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

ANFSCD, Great post! Yes, in the early days of w/ds the writing did help me tremendously! It helps just to get it out there and also find out we all have been or are going through much the same thing. God bless!

#1888 ANFSCD

ANFSCD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal syndrome

Posted 28 August 2016 - 12:27 PM

Thank each and all of you for the kind, positive words in reply to my post.  Friday i entered a new phase of detox and releasing toxins are causing all sorts of issues today. Sinus, cold/flu like symptoms, headaches, Low energy.  on the positive side, I know the cleansing is working and am drinking tons of water. Tomorrow, back to acupuncture. I have 30 or so days to find a new doctor as my current psychiatrist (the one who ordered me to stop cold turkey) continues to try and push new psychotropics on me. I have found a holistic clinic nearby, but getting in for treatment due to insurance issues and waiting lists might be a problem.  As a mental health professional previously treating children this has shaken the medical model of treatment I was trained to the core. So many of the young client's I see are on powerful psychotropics, many of whom I referred to our agency psychiatrist and this thought haunts me daily. The children frequently have serious side effects from the medication, including frequent interruptions of their medication monthly refills caused by administrative issues of the managing county insurance administrators.  It is a problem of epic proportions.  Schools, doctors, therapists, foster care all immediately default to medication.  

Again to see the positive, I am no longer part of that medication pushing machine and have an opportunity to redirect my mental health training to something more holistic. 

#1889 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:14 PM

I have positively lost almost 15 pounds.

#1890 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 August 2016 - 02:41 PM

Way to go, Raven!! :D

I'm sure you are thrilled :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users