#31 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:18 PM

Well if its any comfort for you to know Jersey-  chronic  UTI'S -Urethral irritation and Urinary retention was my reason for having to stop Cymbalta all resolved within a week of stopping the drug.

zappalta..glad you posted this to Jersey girl..It's helpful information for her to know what you experienced on Cymbalta..Something could have been affected while she was taking Cymbalta and not any relationship with cymbalta withdrawl. .Thank you...Great informative post..she could mention what your experience was to her physician.

#32 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 05 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Jerseygirl921. .I am curious as to your urine culture results..Five days is normal to receive results due to microbiologist reading the test after 24 hours..Keying ( by computer) in the results then results being read at your physicians office, in turn giving results to physician, physician reading results..making his decision regarding results to the nurse or PA and them contacting you..

It's just the way the labs and physicians offices work. I'm confident if it were something very serious you would hear much sooner..Although there is always the slight, very slight chance someone doesn't act on results that quickly..

Do you by any chance have a fever?

I do know cymbalta itself can cause kidney problems in some people (as well as all/ many medications even Tylenol can), which could results in the unbalanced filter of waste products..

Zapalta's post was very important so keep all these important facts in mind when you speak with your physician. ..keep us posted

#33 Jerseygirl921

Jerseygirl921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationInman SC USA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Hi carleeta .. no, I never had a fever at any point, so that's good.

The nurse actually called me back today and said the test was negative... meaning they didn't get anything to grow from the culture. However, I called back and left a message verifying that the negative results they gave me were from the sample they sent out, not from the test that was done in the office.

Because the doctor had said that it could take up to 5 days for the results to come back. I thought it was too soon for the results, since I only went to the doctor yesterday.

Is it possible that the results came back that soon from a sample that was sent out ?

Anyway, the only pain I'm having right now is a dull pain on both sides of my lower back.

#34 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

Jerseygirl921. .She used the word growth which indicates to me they plated it and someone read the results early this am..micro tech keyed in results to doctors office..They were negative. .no need for her to talk to physician. .called you immediately. .Second she called you which indicates to me she read results sent from lab.

Wish this could work for everyone. .lol lol...

just because the physician said 5 days ..He was most likely giving you the length of time if more urine testing had to be done if they saw something unclear and/or the urine was a protocol (due to flu season, flu tests are done immediately even if a urine comes in at the same time) There is much going on in labs...We get body tissues, strep throat cultures, bloods, stools and etc...Many many samples...Anything from infants are protocol (their systems are small..techs act immediately on them) . Therefore you Dr was giving you the length of time correctly...Also if your Dr is in the same building as the lab your results could be quicker. If not the urine had to be transported in a cooler by a lab carrier from office to lab.

Sometimes it does help the patient if they know there is so much going on behind the scenes of his/her office just to get the specimen (urine sample).

I have a good feeling you have a wonderful physician and staff and your results were from plating and incubating for growth..
Don't worry I'm sure your urine was negative for UTI..

No fever is a good sign..

Some lower back pain could be from your menstrual cycle going through changes. .
Smile now and breathe out a sigh of relief. .:)

#35 Jerseygirl921

Jerseygirl921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationInman SC USA

Posted 05 February 2014 - 09:16 PM

Carleeta, Are you a doctor ?(cause you're very knowledgeable) Lol

The lower back pain may be due to menstrual related, although in my opinion it's kind of early for ovulation? My lmp was 1/25, but I read that cymbalta withdrawal can throw off the timing of things as far as menstruals are concerned.

#36 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:15 PM

Jerseygirl921. .lol lol...no no. I am not a dr..lol lol..Although until early retirement last year I worked in a hospital micro lab part time as microbiology Technologist (licensed) and a Mental Health Advisor full time (licensed) with adoloscents..lol

My nephew is an ER physician and my son is Microbiologist. .I'll leave the hard stuff up to them..lol

I am sure you whole menstrual cycle is certainly off..Being a female alone I can answer that. .lol lol..Cold weather holds your cycle up, warm weather brings it on...and once you hit 25 to 30 years of age your cycle starts changing..until you hit forty and going forward your cycle makes drastic changes up to menopause. .lol lol..It isn't easy being female..lol lol. But it's a lot of fun..lol lol

Thank you for the compliment. .:)

#37 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

zappalta..glad you posted this to Jersey girl..It's helpful information for her to know what you experienced on Cymbalta..Something could have been affected while she was taking Cymbalta and not any relationship with cymbalta withdrawl. .Thank you...Great informative post..she could mention what your experience was to her physician.

guess you didn't know cymbalta was 1st used in the UK for bladder issues and incontinence - They sure found a wider market of use than this for the last 10 years

#38 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 February 2014 - 11:52 PM

guess you didn't know cymbalta was 1st used in the UK for bladder issues and incontinence - They sure found a wider market of use than this for the last 10 years

No ZappAlta. .I did not know that..Amazing what they have used this drug for..Thank you for posting this. I'm certain others will benefit from this post also..

#39 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:23 AM

JerseyGirl, how goes it today?

I had another episode of incontinence today ... Not major, just enuf dribble to make me think I'd better buy some of those pads for the panties .... I am Not ready to go full geezer and get the adult diapers .... It happened in target again .... My current thinking is that target is causing it ... All that brilliant color red around me, when I've only recently gotten back my sense of colors .... It just screams "pee your pants" at my bladder, and voila!

#40 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:21 AM

NOW, that is funny!! I think you are right on target with that.

#41 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

HAHAHAHAHA ..... Good pun, Fishinghat ..... Just blew tea all over my ipad .... :-D

#42 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:24 AM

Well, FiveNotions, I am glad to see you are improving. Just loosing tea instead of pee.lol

#43 Jerseygirl921

Jerseygirl921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationInman SC USA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

Hi FiveNotions,

Thanks for asking. I'm seeing my GYN on Monday.

The pain on both sides of my lower back has dissipated a little, but now the pain has moved to my lower left side (it feels almost like a stitch in your side), sometimes radiating in towards inside my hip on the left side. 

As I said, I am seeing my GYN on Monday for the yearly pelvic exam (another privilege of being female LOL) and I'll explain to him what's been going on.

Thankfully the blood in my urine has not returned since the day I had it 2 times, but I'll be sure to mention that to him.  Plus I'll mention to him about the back pain on both sides, then moving to only the left side, then the pain moving from my back to my side (it feels like when you get a stitch in your side almost) to radiating to inside my left hip bone.

I am wondering if all of this is not due ovulation or even a gas pocket.

I guess a gas pocket would not cause bloody urine, but ovulation sometimes can ?

Thankfully the pains aren't very severe; I can move around and get out of bed and drive the car and do errands and things around the house.

Hoping its nothing serious like endometriosis or something like that.....

#44 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:19 AM

JerseyGirl .... How are you doing, feeling? Please let us know!

#45 Jerseygirl921

Jerseygirl921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationInman SC USA

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:23 AM

JerseyGirl .... How are you doing, feeling? Please let us know!

Hi Five Notions,

I actually replied a few seconds ago....its above your quote ! Thanks for the follow up !

#46 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

I just did some internet searching for you, and found a couple of articles that I can't get at because they're in databases that require passwords and or purchase .... But from what I can tell, they indicate that blood in urine and stools is one of the *very* rare side effects of cymbalta/duloxetine .... Less than 1% of users .... Also incontinence .... That's a bit more common .... Which makes me feel better, as I've had two episodes of that since I started withdrawal .... Had actually forgotten until your question, as I was having so much fun (sarc)
With all the other side effects ....

Man, we are all helping each other learn what our docs shld know and be teaching us ....

I really, really really would like to put every single doc who prescribes this crap on the stuff, max dose, for at least a year .... Then take 'em off it with no taper ....

Now, as I'm Catholic, I guess I'm gonna hafta go to confession ...no biggee, as . I'm already doing my damn penance, 8 weeks of it so far ....

fivenotions, I am a Methodist/Catholic....Cymbalta has been my hell...I pray for deliverance from this nasty poison.

I hope all who are here on the forum find freedom from this evil drug in the future. It is a most difficult process.

I am so glad to have the support of these ppl here on my journey.

Much support, love and prayers for you! :hug:

#47 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 09:55 PM

Hi FiveNotions,

Thanks for asking. I'm seeing my GYN on Monday.

The pain on both sides of my lower back has dissipated a little, but now the pain has moved to my lower left side (it feels almost like a stitch in your side), sometimes radiating in towards inside my hip on the left side. 

As I said, I am seeing my GYN on Monday for the yearly pelvic exam (another privilege of being female LOL) and I'll explain to him what's been going on.

Thankfully the blood in my urine has not returned since the day I had it 2 times, but I'll be sure to mention that to him.  Plus I'll mention to him about the back pain on both sides, then moving to only the left side, then the pain moving from my back to my side (it feels like when you get a stitch in your side almost) to radiating to inside my left hip bone.

I am wondering if all of this is not due ovulation or even a gas pocket.

I guess a gas pocket would not cause bloody urine, but ovulation sometimes can ?

Thankfully the pains aren't very severe; I can move around and get out of bed and drive the car and do errands and things around the house.

Hoping its nothing serious like endometriosis or something like that.....

Jerseygirl: Please let us know how your Mon apt goes w/your gyn. I don't care for those yearly's either. Being 61 years young and NO cycle since I was 34 yrs old. But I can R/T to the ladies who still are going thru this. Positive thoughts and prayers for you. :hug:

#48 Jerseygirl921

Jerseygirl921

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationInman SC USA

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Thank you for the good wishes. My appointment is on Monday 3:45pm est.
Today is the first day in about 5 days where I almost had no pain at all. So that's good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users