• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

I am 2 months pregnant. I haven't taken cymbalta in 10 days and I am feeling awful. On top of the normal sickness, there is no sleep. Dizziness, bloat, GI problems, and terrible headaches. How long will this go on. I just want to do what is best for the baby. Do I go back on, or suffer on?

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:34 PM

I would only do this under the supervision of your physicians.

Not only your well being but the child's as well.

Take care and let us know how you're doing. :hug:

#3 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

One doctor told me to stay on till second trimester the other said to stop taking all medication. It has now been 11 days. If I go back on will I be starting from day 1 again? I am 38 years old have been taking this for the past three years.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

It usually lasts 8 to 12 weeks with things beginning to improve around week 3. Now that is an average, everyone is a little different. Best of luck to you.

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

Hi actions, welcome to the group! And congratulations on your baby!

I've been away from the 'puter recently because it hurts my eyes so much ... But I'm better today, and wanted to let you know that I've been thinking about you.....

I'm going to spend some time researching this for you and will post whatever I can find... I'm an old fart myself, so it hasn't been on my radar .... But I'm also a research librarian, so I'll put myself to work on it for you!

#6 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:18 AM

Thank you so much, I am so glad I found this sight! It has given insight and hope! Today is day 13 and I'm still in a state of nervousness and stomach pangs. I did read that the most important thing is to stay hydrated! In addition to my journy through this roller coaster ride, I also have back problems from a car accident and this is adding to my pain.
This week I had a strong craving for black cherries, due to my pregnancy. I discovered that they have an ingredient that helps with sleep patterns, Muscluler, and here is the kicker, skeletal pain!! I felt fantastic last night after drinking two glasses of cherrie soda. Which only after I drank it, I decided to look it up and discovered its benefits. It has meletonin to calm and help you sleep along with a natural pain reliever, called Anthocyanins. Many of us are suffering with pain and restlessness. Research states that tart cherries are the highest in Vitamins and antioxidants.
The only problem is I woke up with my stomach in state of detoxing again because of the high antioxidants and major withdraw I am going through my system right now...
Again I would like to thank you for your support and an so glad I found this sight.

#7 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Hi Ctina, here are some journal articles I found that might be helpful .... Everything that goes into our bodies when we're pregnant also goes into our babies.... What we feel they feel ..... So we need to be careful about everything...even vitamins and supplements, artificial sweetener in sodas, etc .... So Please do work very very closely and carefully with your doctor.... Esp. Because of your previous back injury and pain....

Also, isn't it amazing that your body craved cherries, and they contain what you need!?

http://babyandbump.m...1-cymbalta.html

http://contemporaryo...uring-pregnancy

http://pro.psychcent...rns/001343.html

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19480468

http://www.huffingto...-n_b_57270.html

I'm praying for you!

#8 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thank you so much, Five Notions! Crying was my first instinct when following the links you sent me. They are tears of joy that I have information to obtain. I believe that staying positive and surrounding myself with support will make a world of difference in growing this baby. I am happy with my decision to stop taking meds and strongly believe this will give my child a much better chance at a healthy entrance to life. On March 5th I will have an Ultra Sound, providing me with more answers to the nature and nurture of my child's growth. In reference to the cherrie cravings🍒, it is truly amazing are bodies know what is best! Again thank you so much for your support!😊

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

A couple of articles on cymbalta and pregnancy. I know you need some more light reading. lol

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/23471302

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21359876

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19809008

http://www.ncbi.nlm....les/PMC3590601/

#10 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:03 PM

Oh, I can tell you're going to be a great mother -- you're a natural!

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,895 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Oh, I can tell you're going to be a great mother -- you're a natural!

Well, thank you FiveNotions. lol

#12 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

You all are great ! Thanks for the info:) working on some soup for my family. They love Zappa Tuscano! I will back later, after I read the studies.

#13 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

I wish you all the best, Ctina and it is so wonderful that people here care enough about each other that they do research for you!  I thank you for the info about the cherries as I love them and am looking forward to seeing how they will help me.

I am also looking forward to more energy and the desire to do things - today was not a bad day except for the constant feeling of exhaustion :(  I am happy to say that the restless leg syndrome seems to have let up now that I have stopped the Cymbalta.  Does anyone know if this was a s/e?

I thank you all so much, my new-found friends!  I don't know what I would have done without you... :hug:  Almost 4 weeks now!

Will post more later...

Liz

#14 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Yep, RLS as it's called is indeed one of the "gifts" of cymbalta .... I haven't had it yet, but hey, there's still time :-@

Coincidentally on the cherry thing, Ctina.....a friend came over for dinner last night and brought me a bag of them.....they were heavenly....I ate almost all of them before dinner ..... And now I want more! See what you've started? Hehehehe

#15 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'm sorry I disappeared for a while:( but things are looking up, now! I'm 18 weeks pregnant and the first ultra sound went well, I am happy to report! I'm still having some painful days but overall the withdraw is suppressing itself. I am moving forward and have another ultrasound in two weeks. With this ultrasound I'm hoping they will be able to view my sons frontal lobe. So far all of the test have gone well and I pray he continues to develop to his full potential.

#16 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:27 PM

Oh Ctina, how wonderful! Thank you for coming back to share this with us!

A son....and 18 weeks old already....this is the best news I've heard in a long time....aren't you glad you quit the cymbalta?!

Keep all of us surrogate aunts and uncles posted!

#17 Ctina

Ctina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Thank you FiveNotions! I am so happy to be off of Cymbalta:) for some reason I'm still feeling what feels like withdraw every now and then but over all life is soooo much better with out it. Hope you are well. I will keep everyone updated with my pregnancy. Best wishes. 💫✨

#18 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:06 PM

Ctina

Good work mom! The little waves will come and go, and soon they will just go. 

#19 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 14 April 2014 - 08:27 PM

Ctina....Great news on the sonogram of your son...I'm certain you are staying healthy at this glorious time...You son will be born as healthy and strong like his mom...Keep up your great work....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users