10 replies to this topic

#1 Danusia

Danusia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

Hi!

I'm new to being a member, but I have been reading this forum for about 6 months. Presently struggling to get off cymbalta. This site has been a great help...thanx so much.

My question is...what more can we do than getting ourselves unhooked and using this site to support others who are trying to do the same? There must be something/someone to contact/petition/sign!

Or is going up Eli Lilly asking to have a contract put out on us. This is scary big business, but this a scary, nasty addicting pharmacutical! Even the doctors are in the dark. My last one thought stories of pain and side effects were all a bunch of nasty 'ol wives tale. UNBELIEVABLE!

Please post some ideas. I hate the thought of anyone having to go through this hell of withdrawal. I will get on the bandwagon to toot my horn!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

There is just no 'sure cure" out there. I have been review all the published Cymbalta medical articles every Thursday for the last year and can't find anything there that is really helpful. I keep hoping something new will come out BUT there may not be an answer. The latest research has documented that Cymbalta causes physical and chemical damage to the glutamate neuroreceptors in the brain. After removal of the Cymbalta these neuroreceptors  show no sign of healing. but I keep hoping.

#3 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:50 AM

When I decided to do a clinical trial of Cymbalta for severe gastic pain I was miserably disabled as in weight loss and symptoms of severe gastric paresis and sure Cymb kicked those symptoms away .I would have never thought of coming off the med if bladder symptoms did not surface 2 years later.  Was I made aware of s/e getting off the med I would have still taken it because of how ill I felt at the time.   Fingers crossed my gastric symptoms have remained stable but I took another weight loss dip after coming off the Cymb.  4 months off now and I would say I'm completely free of w/d symptoms (but) i sure had doubts at the early stages of w/d's that I would ever feel physically and emotionally well again. 

#4 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:24 AM

This drug has been hell for me to get off of. I am dropping one bead per day. The w/d are horrible. Prayers and hope for you and all here on the forum.

#5 Beverley56

Beverley56

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

Is anyone on the actual Cymbalta or are you on the generic of it? I had extreme reactions to the generic which is what led to my stopping cold turkey. It's scary knowing what they think is safe for humans to take.

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:46 AM

I was on the brand name of it since it first came out, then late last year lost my insurance and tried the generic...within hours had a hellish reaction and so stopped cold turkey. Many of us here have been on the actual cymbalta....others, joining more recently like you, have been on the generic duloxetine....some of them are also reporting problems with it....you might want to start a new forum it discuss the generic and it's issues...

And yes, this drug should never have been used on lab rats, much less us humans.... I said somewhere else her that I'd like it if the docs were the ones to test these drugs...then we'd have docs with actual knowledge ....who understand what we're experiencing....actually, fewer of these poisons would be put on the market...

#7 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:01 AM

Danusia, I looked into the class action suit against Eli Lilly ....it went nowhere...the court ruled that there'd been adequate notice,I believe.....then, I contacted one of the law firms that had been involved to inquire about doing a personal injury lawsuit...a paralegal interviewes me, but the attorney determined that I hadn't bee sufficiently harmed to make it a solid lawsuit .....they're looking for wrongful death cases, for ex. Where someone's son, daughter or spouse commits suicide on cymbalta, or does physical harm to themselves or others....and apparently, there are enough of those nightmares to make what we here have suffered and are suffering insufficiently worthwhile ( read that, lucrative) to take on.....

You'll find some interesting g earlier discussions of this in the archives....search for lawsuit, class action, etc....

I intend to look into this, and other possible courses of action, once my health gets better and more stable!

#8 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Oh my God help us all, fishing hat, no healing??!!!  I have been looking at a lot of post, blogs, whatever, on the Mad In America website! Lots of information to sift through, if my brain was functioning enough to remember, I'd pass it along. As usual, someone posts their experience, even doctors etc. make posts, then someone else comes along and refutes it, blows it to crap with their OWN ideas?????  What the hey??!!! It all just gets so confusing!!!! There was a man on the MIA site that had worked in the field of mental health, went on antidepressants and now off and has written a book that seemed to have a great approach to going off ssri/snris, but I looked at so much on the site I can't find it again. So I'm going back to look more and suggest to any here that may be just looking to further educate themselves about these crap drugs go check out Mad In America. I think we just have to sift through the info and gleen what we can to help each other and ourselves. Hugs and prayers for all!    Brrrrrr!!! clara in Cold Snowy Carolina :hug:

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:40 PM

Clara, take it with a grain of salt. They only tested after the rats had been of Cymbalta for 1 month. While none of the neuroreceptors had shown sign of healing, one month is way to quick to make that call. Nerves heal VERY slowly. There is a lot more tests that will have to be run before there is a clear picture.

#10 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:49 PM

Also, that MIA site can be a bit over the top....guaranteed sensory overload...I had been spending quite a bit of time there reading up on things, but since I've found this group here I've dropped it.... Like Fishinghat says, take it with a grain of salt....

On a weather note, here in DC we're supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow tonight through tomorrow.... It'll shut this city down completely....based on how the roads are plowed when it does snow, I think we only own one snow plow...and the driver calls in sick a lot....

#11 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

To anyone new to this forum or to this thread:

There is a wonderful law firm in California that xman learned about and told us about in a different thread. They has taken on Cymbalta withdrawal...."discontinuation syndrome"..... on our behalf.....on behalf of not just those of us who come here to this forum for support, but on behalf of all those who have suffered, are still suffering, from the nightmare effects of getting off this poison.

They have seen what this drug does first-hand....the wife of one of their partners went through the hard, extended withdrawal hell that we are dealing with!

Contact them, please!

Here is the link to the notice they've just posted to this forum:

https://www.cymbalta...lta-withdrawal/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users