#1 millwright

millwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I'm mad

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

The first time I tried to log onto this site and join in the agony of withdrawal was a few weeks ago, pretty much at the height of war against Cymbalta. Now as I am writing, I have almost won the battle. Trust me, It will end, you will regain your life the way it was meant to be. Everything that I have read here, I too have experienced. I had been on 90 mg. @ day for maybe 3 years, when I decided to stop. I made the choice when I had about (15)-30mg pills left. I went down to 60mg for a couple of days and then 30mg for a couple of days and then cold turkey. I have also been a victim of job loss and have to downsize my prescriptions. It was time, I was tired of being imprisoned by Cymbalta, and my libido was definitely suffering because of the drug. Anyway,, regardless of how you feel or how long you have been off of Cymbalta- each day you will get incrementally better, you will. Try getting your doctor to prescribe a MethylPrednisolone pack. It will help your body fight back, it will help with pain and inflammation too. The one thing I have yet to get a handle on is the short fuse and anger phenomenon that seems to go with this. It too is lessening each day, but I don't feel like I am in control of it yet.
If you decide to quit, don't ever look back, don't go back on it for any reason, keep looking forward, you will get through it. Make sure you do not pick up another drug with side effects to counter the effects of this one. The Prednisone pack I told you about earlier is only a 6 day dose. I would say it is OK to stay in bed as much as needed in the first week or two. After that get up,get outside, work hard, walk, whatever, don't give in any more no matter what, you will feel better for doing this and it will give you hope. It is this week that I recommend the Prednisone pack, your body needs a little extra help. Make sure you tell yourself at the end of every day that you are now one day closer to the end of the tunnel. Please feel free to lean on me or ask questions, I MADE IT, and I want to help as many others as possible.

#2 yoursewsweet3

yoursewsweet3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going off of Cymbalta and would like to meet other people with the same things I am going through.

Posted 23 June 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hi Millwright,
I have also been off of Cymbalta 16 days now. I am doing pretty good I would say. I too was on it for 3 years. Its alot better this week than it was last week. My headaches and dizzy feelings arent too bad now. I still get angry very easily and I really need to breathe and tell myself its just part of the withdrawals. And then there is the crying. I have been crying alot lately and feeling sad about every little thing. I have put on 35 lbs. since I have been on Cymbalta and ofcourse now I look at myself in the mirror and I cry and cry. I am so sad at what I see. My husband tells me I am too hard on myself. I really want to be back to the way I was before Cymbalta. My boys told me its like I have feelings now. To me I feel like I am falling apart but maybe it is just part of feeling again.
You sound very possitive. I am happy for you! It really helps people feel that there is hope in all this craziness.
Shana

#3 millwright

millwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I'm mad

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:14 AM

Shana,
Just look forward, don't look back, there is no reason to compare your new self to your old self, we are always changing. I have also gained about an additional 30 pounds. It is temporary like everything else. As a man, the 30 lbs. and the short temper may not be as out of place for me as it is for you, but none the less it is just the Cymbalta, or lack of. Make sure your family understands. The funny thing is, I am a 46 yr old male, when I feel emotional for no reason, like crying at some stupid movie or some small triumph, I really know that is just my brain re-learning how to cope with emotions, it will come back. Me crying?! That is pretty silly. Anyway, I am proud to be in the company of one more winner, Shana, we will all get through this. Thank you to the Board here also, it is so important to know that there are other people who feel the exact same things we do. Any more winners ?

#4 yoursewsweet3

yoursewsweet3

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am going off of Cymbalta and would like to meet other people with the same things I am going through.

Posted 27 June 2009 - 12:15 PM

Thanks Millwright,
I am still crying and I have started getting these random memories of the past that just pop into my head. They arent bad ones but they make me sad. I am still sad about everything. I am still not liking myself. I cant quite put my finger on it. I know a long time ago I didnt like who I was and realized it really wasnt me it was the depressed me and thats really not who I was or should be. I came to understand those feelings and did exept them. I am trying to relax but cant really. I still have to take my Klonopin to help with the anxiety. My sister stayed over last night and I coulnt smile or laugh. If I did, it was like I was faking it. Its similar feelings of being depressed and anxious. When I read through the other posts people describe feeling the same way just going off of Cymbalta. Being depressed is a horrible place to be. If I could just have a burst of feeling good even though It was everyday maybe I would have a sence of okay I am on my way to being normal..I just want to lie down and read a book today. I always feel guilty if I am not doing something productive. And no one makes me feel like I should be but I totally beat myself up sometimes. I look at my sister and I think, she is normal and I wish I was like her. She was getting her girls ready so they could go home to do some things around the house and then go horse back riding. I dont feel like doing anything yet. If I had some little spurts of happy feelings them maybe I wouldn be so affreaid. I really dont know what else to say. Am I getting myself worked up for nothing or am I starting to fall back into depression. I am having a hard time trying to figure it out. Will it end?
Shana

#5 diecymbalta

diecymbalta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    I think I may be going crazy from cymbalta withdrawals, thank god these other people are experiencing the same exact thing. GOD BLESS whoever dreated this site.

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:05 AM

Millwork,
You are absolutely right. It does end. I quit, cold turkey, a week and a half ago and I am almost symptom free. I took the advice of some on this site and ask my doctor for a prescription to Celexa for the withdrawals. It has done miracles. We must be alike, because I still cannot shake the angry feelings. I feel like I still may snap on anybody or everybody. I have been doing yoga type relaxation techniques and it has helped quite a bit. Just remember to breathe, each day gets better and better ;]

#6 L090208

L090208

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Weaning off Cymbalta

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:02 AM

I am so glad to find your postings. I need help and positive words to get through this weaning.
I was so tempted today to just go back on Cymbalta at 30mg to stop these symptoms, but I just want to be done with this crutch. I have been taking some form of anti-depressant for over 20 years and I realize that I just want to try being ME for once. I am 54 years old and want to try to figure out my world without this dependency. That is my step two plan. My step one plan is to get off this stuff and stop all the feelings you all describe. I feel like I am MORE stoned being OFF the cymbalta than I ever could feel on it ! Make sense? The brain swaying, the on edge mood, the anger, sadness....is it the drug withdrawal or is it the REAL ME ??
I am also on 25mg of lamactil which I am not stopping at this point. In time I imagine. One step at a time.
I have found I need to take .25 of klonopin twice a day to just calm myself during the withdrawal.
I went from 120 mg, to 90 mg. I then realized I was forgetting to take the 30mg night time dose, so I was really taking 60mg with no ill effects. After a few weeks, I dropped to 30 mg with no problem. Stayed on that a week. Then went to 0....and whoa....I'm feeling it. I tried to wean off three yrs ago and couldnt so I went back to 30mg and then inched up (under dr care).
I just want this stuff out of my system once and for all. I'm not trying to be a "hero" and do this world on my own if I in fact need this stuff, but I havent been able to give myself a chance in the 20 or so years I've been taking one type or another.
I am begging for support. Please.
Thank you so much...

#7 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 29 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

We support you all the way!
We're here for you everyday, every minute, every second.
For a while, it'll be one step at a time. Relax, be good to yourself, enjoy getting to know you. It's awesome but takes some time to adjust. You haven't been 'driving' for a while. You have to get through the withdrawals first, then you can begin to feel yourself. Just knowing a lot of what we are experiencing while withdrawal is from the withdrawal makes it easier to deal with the emotional stuff. Take your time, get to know L090208.... Forum members are looking forward to getting to know you also!

Talk soon....Houdi

#8 millwright

millwright

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • why_joining:
    Because I'm mad

Posted 13 August 2009 - 07:49 AM

You will get more support here than you will get from your doctor. It takes awhile, don't analyze yourself during this period,the new you has not emerged yet. At this point I can say I am glad to be off the Cymbalta and just myself ( good or bad ). You have to have patience, it will not happen overnight, but at some point you will realize that the worst is over. Keep on keepin' on, and dont give up.

#9 Queen1y

Queen1y

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am going through my own cymbalta withdrawal.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 08:35 AM

From what I have been reading on line in the past few months, we each have our own road to follow to reach the same goal. I have been taking in the despair, confusion, sadness, and pain that comes from each of us. Some people seem right as rain in a few weeks, while some people are still having some symptoms a year later. I find myself battling some recovery envy. I want to be the one to recover in a few weeks. I would settle for being at the other end with some lingering side effects, but the worst is over. Sigh.

We all went on Cymbalta for a variety of reasons and now being off of it is tempered with the stuff that got us there in the first place. Fibromyalgia, MS, depression, chronic pain. Then we throw in RLS, diabetes, or migraines. Now we have this cocktail of withdrawal symptoms that bind it all together into an oft times unbearable state - both physically and mentally.

It sure helps to know that people get through this. It helps to know that while some of us are still in our own little hells, we are not unique in that, and it doen'st feel so lonely! I find the forums to be equally scary and uplifting. I sometimes feel that if I have to look ahead to say two more months of this, I won't survive. How to find balance, when my balance has been so upset. My brain is buzzing, I'm flushing, freezing, twitching and itching, aching and shaking and oh my stars!!!! Will it ever end? Of course it will. Will I survive it? I know it to be so, but I'm not so sure i believe it.

#10 ElaineB

ElaineB

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • why_joining:
    I'm trying to get off Cymbalta. I'm looking for support and advice.

Posted 15 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

Queen ly,
It does seem at times like it will never end, doesn't it? And you are so right, it is a different journey for each of us.
Mine began back in April when I forgot to refill my script and went a day without Cymbalta. I got so sick...(I don't have to describe that to you) and I decided to get off the stuff. It was horrifying to realize that I HAD to have that drug in order to function. I Googled cymbalta and found these boards, thank goodness, before I began my tapering process. Long story short, I tapered over the course of 6 weeks, it was hell, but I made it. I have been Cymbalta free since May 31.

I went on Cymbalta back in October because I had begun to experience pain all over my body; my doctor said it could be due to depression, and that Cymbalta would take care of both. I no longer have any pain, but it didn't go away while I was on the Cymbalta. Interesting.

I have heard of people losing their jobs; because I tapered gradually I was able to work, but I had to take lots of "time outs" during the day with my office door shut, the lights off, and my head down on my desk. Looking back, I don't know how I made it through, but I did. I lost my relationship with my significant other of 2 years, however...and while I know that it will be best in the long run, I still am in the aftermath of the break up. Having had my feelings numbed for so long on Cymbalta, I now have all these feelings to cope with....what to do with them all? Feel them, right? It's jsut so hard at the moment.

And I am still experiencing the brain swooshes. If I get over tired or over stressed, they get pretty bad, still, after two and a half months with no Cymbalta. That gets very discouraging to me, to think I may have them forever. That seems to be the longest lingering side effect, according to most of the posts I have read here. The day that those are gone will truly be a day to celebrate!

The support I have received, and continue to receive, on these boards has been invaluable. I'm really thankful for those who have taken the time to share their stories in order to encourage others. It is a battle that can be won; not always as quickly as we would like, however.

#11 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 18 August 2009 - 02:18 PM

Thank you all for what you have said. I do get some hope, but realize I have a very hard rowad ahead of me.
All I can say right now is that I am so grateful that I was looking up withdrawals, and found this site, and all
of you.

I know I can't do this alone, by "WE" can.

I start to drcrease from 60 mg to 30 again this Sat. I tried it for 6 days, and almost lost my mind, what's left of it
from being on this crap.

Again just thank you sdo much for being here, I need you all.

Debbie

#12 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 20 August 2009 - 06:23 PM

Debbie I can assure you that you haven't lost your mind. Right now I am really beginning to feel like my old self again. In fact, my 'old self' BEFORE taking any of these drugs - some 11 years!!! (12 days off Cymbalta).

It's kinda scary because I do believe - both emotionally and intellectually - that my need for my medication is just as real and valid as it is for people without psychiatric disorders. I'd had 5 episodes of depression before I hit my late 30s (when I 'found' Aropax) and lived with what I now know to be Generalised Anxiety Disorder for 20 years. Since those horrid days I've studied psychology, with a special interest in mental illness/ disorder (my 4th yr thesis was on adolescent depression), and come to understand a great deal about myself and my family of origin where mental illness is the norm. I know that I HAVE these disorders, that I'm not weak or stupid or anything else; that it's largely genetic; that I can only deal with so much on a cognitive /behavioural level; that it doesn't matter how strong a person I am, or how capably I deal with life -because at the end of the day - I have Major Depressive Disorder and GAD - and that's just how it is.

I was just discussing with my husband earlier about where I should go from here. He thinks that I should get a referral to another psychiatrist but he understands my reluctance to try another psychotropic drug at this stage. I really feel like I want to go back on Aropax, the one that I'm kind warm and comfy with. The one thing I DO know, at this stage, is that I'm giving all these drugs a break for a few weeks. My previous psychiatrist said that if I don't take anything, I will relapse (he was talking about the GAD) within 4-5 months. That gives me a bit of time to consider my options. It may also give my brain a chance to 'normalise' and if, as I suspect, I suffered this 'poop out' effect (slower dopamine response) on Aropax, I may be able to go back on it and have it work as efficaciously as it did before. Who knows?

#13 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 21 August 2009 - 03:34 PM

I am so glad to find your postings. I need help and positive words to get through this weaning.
I was so tempted today to just go back on Cymbalta at 30mg to stop these symptoms, but I just want to be done with this crutch. I have been taking some form of anti-depressant for over 20 years and I realize that I just want to try being ME for once. I am 54 years old and want to try to figure out my world without this dependency. That is my step two plan. My step one plan is to get off this stuff and stop all the feelings you all describe. I feel like I am MORE stoned being OFF the cymbalta than I ever could feel on it ! Make sense? The brain swaying, the on edge mood, the anger, sadness....is it the drug withdrawal or is it the REAL ME ??
I am also on 25mg of lamactil which I am not stopping at this point. In time I imagine. One step at a time.
I have found I need to take .25 of klonopin twice a day to just calm myself during the withdrawal.
I went from 120 mg, to 90 mg. I then realized I was forgetting to take the 30mg night time dose, so I was really taking 60mg with no ill effects. After a few weeks, I dropped to 30 mg with no problem. Stayed on that a week. Then went to 0....and whoa....I'm feeling it. I tried to wean off three yrs ago and couldnt so I went back to 30mg and then inched up (under dr care).
I just want this stuff out of my system once and for all. I'm not trying to be a "hero" and do this world on my own if I in fact need this stuff, but I havent been able to give myself a chance in the 20 or so years I've been taking one type or another.
I am begging for support. Please.
Thank you so much...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi,

I'm just wondering if you are female?? If you've been on anti depressants for 20 years they may have masked some of the symptoms of menopause. I started on HRT and anti-d at much the same time (a year ago, at 55) - it's quite common apparently to be on half and half. Some of your symptoms may be menopausal ones, which have previously been masked. I was putting all of my symptoms down to menopause, and they were pretty bad , but HRT did nothing for my mood.

Having said that, all of the things you're experiencing coming off Cymbalta are the same for others, including me. The zaps for me are milder than others, but I wasn't on C for long, but my god, the mood swings......

regards, Maureen.

#14 seatkin80

seatkin80

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    i am going through awful withdrawals and need support and answers

Posted 22 August 2009 - 07:29 PM

Shana,
Just look forward, don't look back, there is no reason to compare your new self to your old self, we are always changing. I have also gained about an additional 30 pounds. It is temporary like everything else. As a man, the 30 lbs. and the short temper may not be as out of place for me as it is for you, but none the less it is just the Cymbalta, or lack of. Make sure your family understands. The funny thing is, I am a 46 yr old male, when I feel emotional for no reason, like crying at some stupid movie or some small triumph, I really know that is just my brain re-learning how to cope with emotions, it will come back. Me crying?! That is pretty silly. Anyway, I am proud to be in the company of one more winner, Shana, we will all get through this. Thank you to the Board here also, it is so important to know that there are other people who feel the exact same things we do. Any more winners ?

tell me i wont gain weight om top of all this swooshing of the brain and this withdrawal is causing me sooo much grief i am having awful ups and downs .I am a normally pleasant person and i feel so much anger and it comes without warning.. i am causing the man i adore to contimplate leaving me and i don't blame him i am not a good person right now how long is this going to go on

#15 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:48 AM

Morning seatkin80:

You posted that you don't want to gain weight during withdrawal. Hey, don't worry about it, k? I did gain some weight when I withdrew...doesn't mean you will. I don't have a weight problem, but during withdrawal my body craved! I mean more than the pregnancy cravings. And I wanted carbs and sugar. Not normal for me AT ALL. And I couldn't get enough, even when I was full. That's not me either. But I rolled with it. I thought my body knows best right now. I think the carbs were providing sugars to my brain to compensate for the lack of the serotonin uptake of Cymbalta. I knew I couldn't continue that way, but for a while I didn't fight it. So, a few pounds hit the hips, but those pounds came off really fast when I started to be able to 'control' my diet again. And I'm over 50 years old, when people think weight doesn't come off easy. The point is, eat what you body craves, it might be telling you something. Try to control the 'bad' stuff going in...if possible. Don't deny yourself, it will just make you feel worse. But control the portions. You know the drill... Blah, blah, blah huh?

About the man you love leaving you...please let him know what is going on. Let him read some of these posts. There is a family support thread for our loved ones. My heart aches that you feel you will run him off. Anything any of us can do for him/you? Ask, we are all here to support both of you. K? ((((((((Big Hugggss Here)))))) BTW, you do need physical contact and hugs as you go through withdrawal, it is sooooo therapeutic. Get the long, close, extra hugs where you hold on just a little tighter and a little longer than normal :)

Best wishes....Houdi

#16 katcam09

katcam09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I quit taking Cymbalta pretty much cold turkey due to loss of health insurance. I am having so many side effects/withdrawl symptoms and because I don't have insurance, I can't call my doctor for help.... I was hoping I could get some help here.

Posted 29 September 2009 - 12:44 PM

I have only been on Cymbalta for approx. 6 mos, but due to loss of health insurance, came off of it pretty much cold turkey. I am having physical withdrawl symptoms --- pretty much dizziness, inability to focus, makes me feel really lightheaded if I'm looking at one thing, and quickly change my eyes to looking at something else.... I am still very stressed out over my finances, but through the support of family, friends, church, I am managing that well. I just need to know suggestions on managing the physical symptoms. It makes it very hard to do anything.... i haven't cleaned my house in a week because it's too much for me to walk around, bend over, pick things up. How long will this last, are their any supplements, vitamins, etc... I can take??? All suggestions are helpful and appreciated! ~Kathy

#17 MaureenV

MaureenV

God-like

• Members
  • 1,001 posts
  • why_joining:
    Am trying to get off Cymbalta 30mg and wondering about brain zaps.

Posted 29 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

I don't feel like I am able to put what I am going through in words today. I was on 60mg of cymb and was taken back to 30mgs last week. I do not feel like me. Normally I write well, but the words have left me. The confusion is this - I started taking Cymbalta in February (30mgs) ... in mid summer my dr put me on 60mgs. Last week the dr put me back down to 30 mgs because I couldn't focus, I felt like I was walking around with a weighted blanket around me.
I'm not sure if going up on the dose was what made me feel worse or going back down to 30mg? I don't even know if this makes sense! ... before I sign off and try not to fret over things I need to do but cannot because I'm too dizzy (brain zaps?) I just wanted to say I am so glad I found this site. Reading that I am not the only one and also knowing there are people who understand helps. It is rough. I don't know why I subjected myself to being a guinea pig again, having already been through so much with my health.

I can't wait for this to end. I would like to know WHY it IS this way and HOW to make this stop.

Hi Krispris,

The balance problems are typical of Cymbalta withdrawal and for me weren't connected with the brain zaps. With the brain zaps I would get pretty bad tinnitus (which I get anyway, but can switch off from) and it felt like for a nanosecond someone was turning up the volume ten times and sending the noise through my head.

I don't know whether my vagueness was because I was 'allowing' them to take away my concentration from other things or not. Certainly the worst brain zap days were the worst concentration wise, but for me I didn't see any direct connection between the worst days for balance and the worst days for brain zaps, but for every person withdrawing I think there's probably an individual set of experiences.

keep in touch, Maureen.

#18 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 29 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Kathy,
Your having some really bad withdrawls, one needs to decrease this noxious drug at their own
pace, not according to what the doc thinks, The are not even aware to what the withdrawl
symptoms are.
Here is a site that will really help you, and you wil find everything you experience on the list
http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Keep reading lots of posts, and you will be able to find so many ways that we have all done it,
but only after reading how the ones before us did it.

Keep in touch, if your need any detailed info I am willling to help you out.

Read the nutrition part here, it tells you all teh vitamins, supplements, and oh yeah to drink
a lake of water everyday, and then some. You want your urine clear, not yellow tinge at all.

You willl get through this even if your can't afford to pay for the drug, they will give it to you for free
just call them! Also go online to Montel Williams, and check out his free drug program!!!! At least you
can get some of it, and then not have to be going through what you are.

Always Love, Love Always,
Debbie

P.S.
Talk to Houdini, she is awesome, and full of great knowledge.

#19 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 03 October 2009 - 01:40 AM

Craving carbs? I'm not hungry at all! Which is NOT the real me *blushes*.

My concentration isn't the greatest though. I can do normal things but I have to work harder than normal to stay focused. I hate it. I'm normally very lucid. I've even refused drug relief in hospital (I've had a number of gyno probs) because I can handle pain but I hate not feeling lucid. *sigh* I guess this, too, will pass.

One thing I realised the other day: This is going to be a long haul. There is no quick fix. I think I was looking for an easy answer and a quick fix but there just isn't one.

To whoever said they normally write well but the words just won't come - I can totally relate. I can manage on here ok because I can take my time and read over what I write before I submit.. but in real life, the words just don't want to come out in the right order. Hmmm.. Wernicke's area... the part of the brain that governs grammar and coherent speech... guess it's one more part of this bloody drug withdrawal thing. *sigh*

Oh, and I realised today that some of my shakiness may be because I'd cut right down on my caffeine intake. I didn't do it deliberately. It happened during the 2 weeks of withdrawing from Cymbalta. While I had upper abdo pain and all that crap, I just couldn't drink it. But maybe my body now wants it? I'm going to increase it again for the next few days and see what happens....

I hate all of this *sigh*

#20 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 03 October 2009 - 02:07 PM

junior,
It is funny about the carb thing, and not being hungry! i am not hungry, and never have been
on this drug. I went from a size 2-3 to a size 8, gained 35 lbs. That seems to be the amount
everyone gains, well the ones of us who have had a horrible time with this crap.

All I am doing is grabbing things like chips, crackers, pretzles, cookies of sourse, and cold
cereal. I did make myself eat a taco salad last night I need the balanced diet!!!

I so understand what you were talking about, and I too am the same way. I was so glad that
you noticed a difference in me, and that I sounded more withit!!! This stuff had me to where
when I talked to people I would get to confused as to what I was even saying. On here, I just
write, but never read what I write, as I don't think my brain would pick up on how mixed up
I really was when I first got here, or still get at times.

I am really just so tired of all this crap day in day out being victimized over, and over again
by Cymbalta. Then when you think you are gaining some ground, it like an earth quake hits,
and the ground opens up, and swallows you up in it.

Sorry you having a bad go of it, the relief will come again. Your so right about
"This Too Shall Pass"

Love,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users