#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

I just finished reading a couple articles on ssris in our drinking water. They have been found in the drinking water in over 100 cities. The worse city was Detroit which recorded over 100 pharmacuticals in their drinking water with a year of testing. Why are we worried about getting of these drugs? At this rate if we stop drinking water we will go through withdrawal. lol We are so screwed.

#2 julsand

julsand

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    quitting cymbalta

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

That is seriously messed up!

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Holy crap!

What about bottled water...is that clean? Can we filter our tap water to remove the stuff?

I'm with Jusland, this is seriously messed up.... No wonder this country as a whole has so many problems....the societal impact ....

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Wow..This is extremely worrisome...

What next? People aren't able to drink their own water they are billed for! Outrageous it is!

If you can afford a good bottled water like Avian go for it..I myself drink bottled water anyway..

This makes you wonder what else could be in the water..Or why they are in the water. ..hmmm

All I know is I disguard all pharmaceutical meds in cat litter before I dispose of them..

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:06 PM

Fishinghat, any chance you've got the links to those articles? I'd like to send them to a couple of my buddies....

#6 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:10 PM

WTH?!?!

but does it surprise me ?

NO not really....such a sad thing...IMO

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

I will try to scrap them up for you FN. I didn't think it would get this attention to be honest. They did not address bottles water in any of the articles I read. I designed environmental systems for nearly 30 years and the only thing that I know, on the market, that would do a good job is ion exchange. I have a system on my house and it does a great job on nearly everything.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

Two of these references are lists of articles on the subject. Very depressing, antidepressants, sex hormones, morphine, etc. The only good thing is that they are usually in very tiny doses, say parts per billion.

http://greatlakesecho.org/2012/11/29/pharmaceuticals-difficult-to-treat-in-drinking-water/

http://science.naturalnews.com/W/Water_and_pharmaceuticals.html

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/probe-pharmaceuticals-in-drinking-water/

http://ca.water.usgs.gov/news/2011/ReleaseJuly05_2011-Fram_Belitz.pdf

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

'they' tell 'us' to flush unused, out of date medications down the toilet....hum makes one wonder doesn't it???

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Here in the state of Missouri that is illegal but that is what most people do anyway. They have a drug drop-off day twice per year, no questions asked, if you want to get rid of your unwanted meds.

#11 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:40 PM

Fishinghat. .here in NYS we are not SUPPOSED to flush them down the toilets either, although I don't know if it's illegal. Never really checked it out fully..Just follow HOSPICE rules in discarding meds..and warning labels on medication bottles..It's easier to follow HOSPICE rules due to having an indoor cat..

Very impressive, Fishinghat where you worked for 30 years. .That explains your intelligence and knowledge..

#12 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:58 PM

Fishinghat. .here in NYS we are not SUPPOSED to flush them down the toilets either, although I don't know if it's illegal. Never really checked it out fully..Just follow HOSPICE rules in discarding meds..and warning labels on medication bottles..It's easier to follow HOSPICE rules due to having an indoor cat..

Very impressive, Fishinghat where you worked for 30 years. .That explains your intelligence and knowledge..

that ol' fishinghat....he be one smart dude IMHO.... ;) Love the fishinghat :hug: .....

#13 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

Here in the state of Missouri that is illegal but that is what most people do anyway. They have a drug drop-off day twice per year, no questions asked, if you want to get rid of your unwanted meds.

wish I could have dropped off this nasty Cymbalta oh 'bout, 20 months AGO.......countin' down the beads with each day that passes I'm swallowing 1 bead less.... ;)

#14 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

that ol' fishinghat....he be one smart dude IMHO.... ;) Love the fishinghat :hug: .....

Equuswoman. .you just gotta luv him...!!

#15 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:18 PM

Equuswoman. .you just gotta luv him...!!

Yep it was he and thismoment who met me when I 'found' this forum. Otherwise I'd no doubt still be taking Cymbalta blue/green brand name capsules 60mg=200 beads...

but at this night's dose I swallowed 27 vile, evil, nasty, devil's beads and will slowly decrease one bead per day 'til I shall be FREE of Cymbalta poison....

Oh the NON~motorized tread mill almost KILLED me! I find it much easier to walk on the ground....lol I figure as long as I 'walk' that's what counts right?? lol

#16 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 February 2014 - 08:55 AM

I will try to scrap them up for you FN. I didn't think it would get this attention to be honest. They did not address bottles water in any of the articles I read. I designed environmental systems for nearly 30 years and the only thing that I know, on the market, that would do a good job is ion exchange. I have a system on my house and it does a great job on nearly everything.

OOPS, I didn't mean ion exchange. I should have said reverse osmosis. Sorry.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I feel like we all contribute evenly here. We are lucky enough to have people here with medical, psychological and other background that really helps this site be a top notch support forum.!!

#17 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 February 2014 - 09:51 AM

Yep it was he and thismoment who met me when I 'found' this forum. Otherwise I'd no doubt still be taking Cymbalta blue/green brand name capsules 60mg=200 beads...
but at this night's dose I swallowed 27 vile, evil, nasty, devil's beads and will slowly decrease one bead per day 'til I shall be FREE of Cymbalta poison....
Oh the NON~motorized tread mill almost KILLED me! I find it much easier to walk on the ground....lol I figure as long as I 'walk' that's what counts right?? lol

Equuswoman. .definitely stick with walking. .it's a wonderful way to exercise your mind and body...It's also is less stressful on your body...Today I know you will have 26 beads left and 26 days to go..Keep up the great work...

#18 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

OOPS, I didn't mean ion exchange. I should have said reverse osmosis. Sorry.

Thanks for the compliments everyone. I feel like we all contribute evenly here. We are lucky enough to have people here with medical, psychological and other background that really helps this site be a top notch support forum.!!

of course we all contribute here on the wonderful support forum....

but....U still B 1 smart dude IMHO.... ;)

& forever grateful TheEquuswoman will be :hug:

#19 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Equuswoman. .definitely stick with walking. .it's a wonderful way to exercise your mind and body...It's also is less stressful on your body...Today I know you will have 26 beads left and 26 days to go..Keep up the great work...

Carleeta thank you so much for your encouragement. I am so glad that I'm getting close to the 'new' beginning...

I am a bit anxious about it tho I must say as I know there is a possibility of w/d symptoms after I've swallowed that 'last' bead...

but I know with the help of my God, my family, my friends here I will make it.

I thank everyone here who has helped me to make it this far. Wow I found this forum back in Oct of last year and will finish my bead count on March 18th of this year.

I have made many friends along the way and hope that I've helped others find their way becoming Cymbalta FREE!

May God bless you my sweet friend :hug: TheEquuswoman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users