#1 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:02 PM

Is this the bottom line? That no matter how long it takes, or how bad the headache and pressure

are, or how bad the nausea gets, and how terrifying the akathisia and anxiety are,  and

how much it feels like I'm losing my mind, and how much it feels like my life is over, that

this will really come to an end someday? 

#2 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Lundeliz...This is quite a big question to be answered..hmmm

Well I truly believe it CAN'T get any worse..It CAN only get better..

A wise man once told me (my loving father). "Once you hit rock bottom, the only way is up." I truly believe this..

Therefore I answer your question upon this wise man's quote!

Hang in there...

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

Lundeliz, the research shows that ther is about 3 to 7% who have withdrawal for over a year. Now they didn't follow up to see if lasted 2 years, permenant or what. So for the majority it is a matter of a few months. Only you can decide if it has been to long or two severe to handle. That does happen. Only you and your body can know when to give up aand go back on a ssri or try some other med. I have to tip my hat to you. You have really hung in there. Either route you have my support and prayers.

#4 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 09:59 PM

Thank you both. If I really thought I could go on an ssri and get my life

back, I would do it today. On other forums I read on, they say that this rarely

works and sometimes makes things worse. I don't know what to believe. I guess the

only way to know is to try. On the other hand, if I knew it would all be

over in a year, I think I could manage to hang on. I'm just so scared that I will

just be living a half life from now on. I appreciate your support fishinghat and

Carleeta.

#5 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Lundeliz. .It's only natural to feel the way you feel right now..It's ts definitely the unknown you are thinking of...Only wish I had a crystal ball to look into and see the future for you and others with the same apprehensions. .What I will do is pray for you...

God Bless you..

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Lundeliz, you and I share the same "off crapalta date".... You had the wisdom to taper and I jumped off the cold turkey cliff....I've had that will it ever end, what's the bottom line feeling rather often...more recently in fact now that the worst of the withdrawal is over...I'm now dealing with the more subtle mind and emotion effects....and they just love to try to convince me that they are the sum and substance of who I am....I cave in to them regularly, but always come out of it because I know that I'm not defined by those things...I am defined by my soul, my spirit....which remains free of this process...so for me, I do believe that there will be an end...but it will leave me a different person...and perhaps with some permanent side effects....but a me that is done with the dependence on drugs that alter who I am....

Maybe I can offer some suggestions, if you can share about more about what you're dealing with....

are all the symptoms you mentioned happening to you at the same time, or one or two simultaneously, etc? Do they hit at any particular time of the day?

And which of them is the worst...the most destabilizing to you?

Are you having some good days?

Are you feeling depressed still?

Is the anxiety constant, or in the form of panic attacks?

I'm asking all these questions because I'm thinking through what I've been experiencing, and if your pattern is similar to mine I can offer what helped me...

For example, Did you know that there has been some research linking akathisia to dopamine deficiency? If this is correct, you might be able to handle it with supplements that stimulate dopamine production.....tyrosine combined with 5-htp, in a 10 to one ratio....I'm using it with good results for muscle twitches in my legs and general energy and motivation....

Don't despair....you're such a fighter...and you give us all so much support...let us in turn support you!

Prayers coming your way!

#7 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

Thank you Carleeta, I definitely appreciate the prayers.  FiveNotions,  the akathisia has lifted a lot the last few days. The

depression I feel is only when I think about this not going away.  I'm having very bad headaches and head pressure.  I

feel very weak and I can't do much physically.  I can't take much stimulation.  Insomnia has started the last few days.

I'm trying to work on that. I'm lucky in that I have most of the day free to try to sleep when I can.  I have two little

granddaughters who just don't understand why I can't do what I've always done.   I also have no motivation or interest

in anything I would usually do or the energy to do them.  I just feel like a shell of a person.  If there weren't other people

in my life expecting me to do what I've always done,  I really would never get up from my bed.   I wasn't on the med for

depression or anxiety.  I really appreciate that you would take the time to try to help me.  Thank you so much.

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

I'm too tired to think this through carefully tonight, Lundeliz, but I'll do so tomorrow...got some ideas already, need to do a it of research and then be able to express it coherently ...way beyond my skill level tonight..hehehe

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2014 - 08:37 AM

Still sounds like withdrawal symptoms to me. I know the fatigue and lack of ambition were some of the last things to go away for me. I wish I could say when this would end for you but I can't. The best of luck to you.

#10 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 February 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thanks fishinghat. I think so too. And I know nobody

can tell me how long it will last, unfortunately. but it helps

knowing what it is at least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users