#1 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

I am so so weak and feel totally out of it.  I am scared that I will end up in the hospital.  I am

reacting to all my meds.  Last night I took my blood pressure med and went to sleep.  Woke

up less than an hour later with a splitting headache, Blood pressure was 180/103.  I quit

my thyroid med because it was causing me horrible episodes of agitation or akathisia.  It

scares me to feel like I do right now.  Like I will collapse any minute.  And it's time to take

my bp med again.  I have not been able to eat at all today, but I did get down two nutritional

drinks.   My agitation is sky high right now.  I do have  klonopin and some Xanax.  I will

probably take one of those in a little while and try to sleep.  I'm so sorry for this desperate

post.  I've never been so scared and don't know who else to tell.  My husband will be home

soon but he doesn't know what to do for me.  Neither do I.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

Lundeliz, you should be doing better than this by now. I am going out on a limb here but I think you have one options. take the klonopin on a regular basis (whatever the prescription calls for) and get a prescription for a lighter strength ssri, like zoloft, lexapro or prozac. You don't need to suffer like this any longer. The ssri will take a few weeks to get to full strength so you will have to relie on the klonopin until then. I too held in there too long (3 months) before I finally seeked help. Once you get on the new ssri you can come of the klonopin and don't worry about the withdrawal from the klonopin. I can walk you through that. It is a lot easier than cymbalta.

I applaude your strength. You have hung in there a long time but I think you and your husband need a break.

#3 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:
    I c/t'd from 60mg in 2009. Went back on and started tapering. Spent the next 4 years trying to get off. It was very difficult. Finally stopped at 17 beads on Dec.4, 2013.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:33 PM

Fishinghat, I really think that is the best advice.  With my sensitivities do you really think I can tolerate a new ssri?

I already have a prescription of Zoloft.   Do you know how klonopin is usually prescribed?  My prescription is for

1mg twice a day.  I think 1mg will keep me asleep all the time.  I've only taken it once so I really don't know a good

dosage for myself.  If I take it, I really want to do it the best way.  Thank you so much Fishinghat.  I really appreciate

all your help.

#4 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 07:36 PM

Lundeliz..Oh goodness..I honestly don't know if you should just your thyroid

medicine just like you did...Are you thinking your thyroid med is causing your BP to rise and the cause of your headaches?

Honestly I don't want you to guess or self diagnosis yourself...If you feel you need to get to the clinic or ER you should then go..This way you won't be causing more stress on your mind or body...

Honestly, I wouldn't tell you to take klonopin or Xanax because I myself dont know what is causing all this to hapoen to you and I'm not a doctor...

Please have a medical professional check you out..

Please keep us posted...I'll pray for you....

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:00 PM

The normal max dose for klonopin for anxiety is 2 mg/day and right now I think you need that. I also have to agree with Carleeta (good catch Carleeta). You stopping your thyroid meds could really be complicating the whole situation. Like she said you need to go in and get this straightened out. Which thyroid med were you taking?

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:08 PM

I know you are concerned about your sensativity to the ssri but changing them is a very common thing. I have been on 5 ssris in my life. Just trying to find the one that worked the best for me. Unluckily that was cymbalta (lol), The nice thing about zoloft and prozac is they come in a tablet form. You can start with just a small piece broken of the end and work up from there. That allows you a greater safety factor when starting a new med. I always start my meds on a real low dose first and work up. If you do get a bad reaction at least it should be minimal.

#7 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Thank you Carleeta. Yeah, the thyroid stuff could be playing a part in this. I talked

to my dr about how the thyroid med (levothyroxine) was affecting me. He switched me to

Armour thyroid, so that night I tried half a dose, and still had an episode and had

to take a Xanax, though not as bad as the first. I will try to get in to see my dr

tomorrow. He's not much of a dr really. He just heards you in and out and doesn't

stop to listen much, but I will try to talk it all over with him. I really appreciate

all the support from you all. At least I have calmed down now, just feel really sick.

Thanks again.

#8 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:17 PM

Fishinghat, I think we were posting at the same time. I am willing to give

an ssri a try. The thought of stabilizing on something sounds really good.

I learned on another forum that you can dissolve Zoloft in water and make

your own liquid. And yes, I'll take your advice to start out with a very small dose.

Thanks again, Fishinghat.

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:22 PM

Armour thyroid is dried beef throid extract. As such it contains levothyroxine as well. Sudden stoppage (according to their literature) can include high blood pressure, depression and/or anxiety. I am really glad you are going in to see your doctor. Rememeber it is your health, not his. Don't let him leaave until you get all your questions answered.

The best of luck and let us know how things went.

#10 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:24 PM

Lundeliz. .I'm happy you calmed down some now...Thank you for clarifying your thyroid med...Sometimes the best thing to know is you can always dial 911, go to er, go to clinic, or call physician..Knowing there is always another answer does help..

I'm sorry you have dr who rushes you..I feel any doctor I feel is rushing me on my second visit to him/her..I might give it a third shot andI mI get not..After all our medical doctors we need to rely on their expertise. .Psychiatrists on the other hand I don't feel comfortable with and then again there will be that one which will suprise you and totally agree..

Good luck tonight!

keep us posted....

#11 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 February 2014 - 08:27 PM

Well that's interesting to hear the side effects of stopping suddenly. I will definitely

get something figured out about that tomorrow. I will force my dr to help me come up with

a plan for my meds. I'll check back in and let you know the outcome. Thanks!

#12 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 28 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

If our thyroid is out of whack can cause big problems.... 

I'm sad that you're having such a difficult time. I agree with the above post

Much love support and prayers for you sweet friend. :hug:

#13 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Thank you equuswoman. I know you are right about the thyroid. I have become

hypersensitive to my meds. They make me very agitated. I have no idea what

to do about this. Today I cut my bp med up into four pieces and spaced it

throughout the day. A little better. I didn't get in to see the dr. today,

but I will see him to discuss this. Have you read of anyone on here having

this problem? I have read of others becoming sensitive to their supplements

and vitamins. But what do you do when it's meds you really need? I will report

back when I see the dr about this. Thanks everyone.

#14 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:49 AM

Lund hope you are doing ok today :hug:

#15 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 March 2014 - 06:28 PM

Thank you, ZappAlta. It has been a verrry long day, but it's another

day down, right? I appreciate your support.

#16 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 03:16 PM

Thank you equuswoman. I know you are right about the thyroid. I have become

hypersensitive to my meds. They make me very agitated. I have no idea what

to do about this. Today I cut my bp med up into four pieces and spaced it

throughout the day. A little better. I didn't get in to see the dr. today,

but I will see him to discuss this. Have you read of anyone on here having

this problem? I have read of others becoming sensitive to their supplements

and vitamins. But what do you do when it's meds you really need? I will report

back when I see the dr about this. Thanks everyone.

Lundeliz. Please let us know how you're doing. This getting off of Cymbalta just sucks.

I don't know any other way to put It. I am slowly counting the nasty beads down and think with

tonight's dose will swallow 16 of the nasty little beads. I will be so glad when I am 'done' with this weaning

process. It's been a rough go but I'm making it one bead, one day at a time. Hang in there Liz and yes please

let us know what your doctor has to say. Much love and support from TheEquusWoman :hug:

#17 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

Hi equuswoman, Thank you for thinking of me. I did see my doctor. He said he has

no magic pill. I really thought he would. ;) He did a thyroid test which I haven't

got results for yet. Im pretty much not functioning, so so weak and the nausea is

bad. It seems to me coming off the Cymbalta just completely changed how my other

meds work and affect me. I'm having bad side effects from them now. I have no idea

how much Cymbalta withdrawal is still affecting me. I'm looking for a good doctor

to straighten out my meds. You're doing great, equuswoman. Almost there. I hope

it's smooth sailing the rest of the way!

#18 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:58 PM

Lundeliz, I'm concerned about your blood pressure....why aren't you taking any meds for it? My bp pretty much normalized after I got off cymbalta....however, yours is way too high...and that alone can make you sick...not to mention the risk of stroke or heart attack...

I don't mean to sound pushy with this...just concerned....

I'm praying for you!

#19 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 02:37 AM

FiveNotions, I guess I wasn't very clear. I do take nadolol 40mg and

hydrochlorothiazide for my high blood pressure. I was on nadolol 20mg

for 30 years, but it was doubled about a year ago while I was

tapering. Right now my blood pressure is staying pretty stable. I really

do appreciate your concern and your prayers. Thanks!

#20 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:43 AM

Oops, sorry...I missed that....thanks for re explaining...how are you feeling today?

#21 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I agree here about the BP rx concerning and when a thyroid is not functioning, well this is a recipe for feeling really poorly. Yikes how are you doing? Kp. an eye on the BP but mostly you know when it's up and down yes? It just makes me so sad docs no longer have time for us-the patient. This is nothing new.Way before the Affordable Care Act (ACA).

I just wished we had a system in place to take care of each other esp. during crisis times. Any of you familiar with the Costa Rica healthcare system? Google it if you like but suffice to say they have many world class doctors, and a system that gives and supports funding of healthcare for ALL. You do not get excluded if you are under-insured or not insured and you do not give up your life savings on medications and care.

There are medications that are not approved by the US FDA that are routinely used in other countries like CR. Some are merely supplements on the cheap. Do they work?? Yes. Will we ever see them here? No cuz what would the pharm giants do without the huge cost-profit margin? :~)  anyone watch Dallas Buyer's Club with Matthew Mc. and Jared Lito (sp)?  Please watch it if you have the opportunity. Perhaps waiting mid-way on the emotional roller coaster would be advised. It is an excellent depiction of what happens when things that work. True story about a Dallas TX man.

lastly I wanted to say that the USA gross domestic product is somewhere in the neighborhood of 30%. Hmmm. Makes me sick.

This is the method we have found to take care of one another ;~)! So all is not lost by any means.  Love to you people that are here strong or not, feeling better of suffering greatly, we go forward together and help each other out. :wub: Thanks for having me and your enormous resources of real life information.

BTW unable to get ginger root so no feedback as to if it helps me specifically. Had to come straight home. Darn it. Thanks to FN, Fishhat, Carleeta, Lundeliz, equiswoman -and every single one of you I have read all posts and feel better. TY :D You are loved.

#22 Lundeliz

Lundeliz

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Hi xman. I agree I need to get bp and thyroid straightened out. Had a thyroid test and

was told I could get results yesterday. I've called yesterday and today and still unable

to get results. Have you posted your story on here? I looked around and haven't found it.

I'll keep looking. Thank you for your post on my thread and your words of support.

#23 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:00 PM

I tried and tried to copy a link from Wikipedia. Help FN or fish! You guys are very deft at this!

Anyway, Wikipedia Costa Rica, go to #8 which is info and demographics on their healthcare system. I am real interested in what you guys think--gets my mind off these darn hotflashes and emotions, pain!   XMan

#24 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:05 PM

Lundeliz: I am new to this great forum. If I'm not mistaken you can roll your cursor over my picture and click. Once there, again not totally sure, you can click on my "posts". Fishnet, is that the right way to do this??  XMan  :D

#25 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

You got it xman. That is the right way. I just got to ask...is that picture of suchi?

#26 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:12 PM

I thought xman's avatar was a pic of red velvet cake on a plate...but then my eyesight hasn't been too good recently... ;-)

#27 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 March 2014 - 08:53 AM

FN, sure understand that comment about eyesight!! lol

Say my osteodr yesterday. He said I had plantar fasciitis. No exercise for a while. That will help my weight. NOT.

#28 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 March 2014 - 06:05 AM

Up and going to work. Postive or negative...right now it's scary. Early and cold, well for this region and my body right now. Wish me luck and the best to each of you starting and getting thru your day with less or without crabalta! :unsure: :D  Xman

#29 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:55 AM

Hang in there xman! Your patients need you...and focusing on them may take your mind off your own struggles for a while.....you are awesome for being able to do this work while getting of the poison....

#30 sodone61

sodone61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • why_joining:
    Support and encouragement to discontinue duloxetine, which sounds like a town on Shrek

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:05 PM

xman.  You are not alone.  I'm tapering off other meds and Cymbalta altho I know the majority of my life debilitating symptoms are from the Cymbalta... after awhile you learn to adjust doses and meds and the results help determine what causes which effect.  Regardless - I'm ready to live again.  I have hip and back degeneration from multiple surgeries after being in a bad car accident.  Hopefully I'll be able to manage the pain without meds. Time is going by and it's doing it without ME!  Pam

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users