#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:06 AM

in lower back and just my joints in general. I dunno but seems the lower I go the more pain I've noticed however this will NOT stop my countdown. I've lived with pain since the age of 4 years with the diagnoses of Leggs~Calves~Perthes disease of the right hip. I've undergone 3 hip replacements and I wear them out. Having had my first replacement at age 35 and being a sorta 'active' kinda gal that just the way it goes. I feel there should be a life time warranty with this artificial joints but not so...lol

A career of orthopedic nursing and after going into the retirement mode and taking up horseback riding yep I've been pretty hard on these artificial hips....

I will continue to drop one bead per day 'til I'm DONE with Cymbalta, never to take this poison again, ever. It has been a rough road to hell and back but with the help and encouragement from the ppl here I shall make it.

I do plan to hang around to give help and hope to others who are on the forum now and those that will come after. That's what it's all about IMO friends helping friends. I am grateful to the forum and whomever it is that maintains it.

May God bless all of us and all remain in my daily prayers.

TheEquusWoman :hug:

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm praying for you EW! And I'm counting down the days (beads) until our cyber-celebration for you!

You darn well better stay around here....we need you!

#3 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 02:45 PM

Equuswoman. .Sorry to hear of the pain you are encountering as you reduce your beads..Know you will be off cymbalta in a over a week has been your biggest challenge. .Glad you have not become discouraged and will continue to come off cymbalta. .We here have all be inspired by your strength, courage, and determination of bead counting to end this med...You have encouraged others with your posts and aided them in their choice of how to get off cymbalta...Thank you for just being you...God Bless you...

#4 Leprechaun

Leprechaun

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationTampa, Florida ; formerly Connecticut
  • why_joining:
    To learn from others that have been where I am now. Maybe someday I will be able to help someone else.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 06:09 PM

Sometimes those last few steps can be the most difficult. I'm relatively new here but reading your posts of your struggle and determination to be free of this drug has helped me in my own battle. God knows the addition of pain to the already present mental  anguish just compounds the issue. You are a source of inspiration to many of us here. If you can lick this, so can we. Be sure you are in our thoughts and prayers. Beautiful horse btw!

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

FiveNotions I will always be grateful to the ppl here on this forum. When I found it I was overjoyed to know there was a way to get off this poison. I am glad to be here to aid others here who are making their way thru the w/d of Cymbalta hell. It is a most difficult journey but it can be done. Much love & prayers TheEquusWoman :hug:

I'm praying for you EW! And I'm counting down the days (beads) until our cyber-celebration for you!

You darn well better stay around here....we need you!

#6 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

Equuswoman. .Sorry to hear of the pain you are encountering as you reduce your beads..Know you will be off cymbalta in a over a week has been your biggest challenge. .Glad you have not become discouraged and will continue to come off cymbalta. .We here have all be inspired by your strength, courage, and determination of bead counting to end this med...You have encouraged others with your posts and aided them in their choice of how to get off cymbalta...Thank you for just being you...God Bless you...

Carletta: I am glad to have met you here on the support forum. I did have some days of discouragement but they did pass. It has been a difficult time but I am now less than 2 weeks until I swallow the last bead of Cymbalta. I will do the best that I can with whatever this drug has left me to work with. I am grateful for this forum for you and the others here who have been so very helpful to me on my journey. God Bless :hug:

#7 zainab

zainab

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • Locationkansas
  • why_joining:
    discovering life after cymbalta & wellbutrin.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:41 AM

big hugs for you! i've been noticing increased pain myself...the meds helped with my pain and stiffness. i've been trying to offset it by using arnica cream on my joints when i can and things like that. i hope you feel better soon!

#8 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationTaichung, Taiwan ROC
  • why_joining:
    For support in dealing with Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

EW, we can commiserate on the increased pain. I may not be having many of the symptoms others are dealing with, but increased pain is one that hasn't escaped me, and it's the most difficult to tolerate - for me. Actually got quite discouraged about this yesterday. My joints, legs, and lower back ache so badly I find it difficult to relax or sleep.

And then...today I was hospitalized for an unrelated problem...at least I think it's unrelated, but with Cymbalta, who knows? But they just gave me morphine for pain...I will be in the hospital for a week. So I have to deal with Cymbalta withdrawals while at the same time I'm dealing with the issue I'm being hospitalized for. Not fun. But the up side is, I'm being closely monitored by my Drs, and I can choose to take meds or not. I accepted the morphine shot for my pain, but told the nurse I will not take any more shots after this, and no more narcotics of any kind. Here in Taiwan they tend to over-medicate patients unless the patient adamantly refuses. So my intention is to only allow them to give me antibiotics, nothing else. Very apprehensive about any chemicals going into my body now. Especially when I'm trying to purge my body of the Cymbalta poison. So more stress for my body to deal with. Sometimes I feel very sorry for all the things it (my body) must endure. It only wants to do what it was created to do...

Well, enough about me. EW hang in there - I and all of us here are with you...

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2014 - 01:52 PM

Xiaojie, well said. That sounds like a good plan. Best of luck on your hospital stay.

#10 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:08 PM

Thanks, Fishinghat. Gotta remain optimistic and forging ahead. But it may really get to me in few days and I may need to vent here...so everybody feel free to skip reading my posts here this week, as they may be anything but positive, lol. :)

#11 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Whatever it takes Xiaojie.

#12 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 04 March 2014 - 03:47 PM

Xiaojie. .Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. .It seems as though you know exactly what you are doing..This is a very good sign, for which you have a strong mind...Great! You attitude is greatly optimistic. .This is wonderful. .

You will have plenty of time to keep us posted while you are in the hospital recovering..

Wishing you a healthy recovery and a fast one at that! :)

#13 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:36 AM

big hugs for you! i've been noticing increased pain myself...the meds helped with my pain and stiffness. i've been trying to offset it by using arnica cream on my joints when i can and things like that. i hope you feel better soon!

Thank you for your kind words and I hope that you feel better as well. TheEquusWoman :hug:

#14 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:38 AM

Thanks, Fishinghat. Gotta remain optimistic and forging ahead. But it may really get to me in few days and I may need to vent here...so everybody feel free to skip reading my posts here this week, as they may be anything but positive, lol. :)

Please keep us posted on how you're doing. Vent as often as you find it necessary to do so. Prayers for you. TheEquusWoman :hug:

#15 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 01:41 AM

Sometimes those last few steps can be the most difficult. I'm relatively new here but reading your posts of your struggle and determination to be free of this drug has helped me in my own battle. God knows the addition of pain to the already present mental  anguish just compounds the issue. You are a source of inspiration to many of us here. If you can lick this, so can we. Be sure you are in our thoughts and prayers. Beautiful horse btw!

Awww thank you for your compliment about my little horse. He is such wonderful therapy for me. You are in inspiration for all here as well. We are all in this process together and we will get thru it one step, one day at a time. TheEquusWoman :hug:

#16 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:04 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, Equuswoman. I'm on Day 2 of hospital stay, but beginning of third week without Cymbalta. Up to now, I never experienced uncontrollable crying or rage as a withdrawal symptom. But this morning, I seemed to be making up for lost time. Taiwanese hospitals can be frustrating places for foreign patients, in general, on many levels. Without rehashing what triggered my anger/crying this morning, suffice it to say, I felt both the Dr and nursing staff had I inexcusably been neglecting my most basic patient care/needs. And I guess because of the combination of me being off Cymbalta for over two weeks, my painful/critical current condition for which I am hospitalized, exhaustion from loss of sleep due the pain, I really went completely bat sh*t crazy all over the Dr and staff - uncharacteristically so. And then after they all left my room, I cried for 20 minutes straight. For me, this is BIZARRE behavior. No other circumstance than withdrawing from a drug like Cymbalta in combination with pure exhaustion could cause me to behave like this. Normally I would firmly, calmly and diplomatically dealt with these people - and NEVER would have cried like my dog just died. It was a display of extreme sudden emotion that was more than what the situation called for. And once I was able to get a grip on myself, I felt very stupid and really regretted my behavior/words.

Honestly, the incident happened 8 hours ago, and I'm still feeling upset about it. It's like, in the moment it was happening it was like I was possessed or something, as it was so very different from my normal reaction to the sane types of stressors. The stressful trigger that led me to react, is a legitimate one. But my extreme over reaction to it, was not. All I've gotta say is: YIKES!!!! Seriously creepy and worrisome. I don't want this to happen again...

Any thoughts, my very experienced friends?

#17 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:44 AM

God bless you XI! For whatever reason, (who knows?) emotions, over reactions, tears, rage can overcome you very quickly. It just happens. Prob' has happened to most if not all of us post Cymbalta! Possibly for you, it's a combination of the pain you're in, the illness that has you hospitalized, the morphine, the sights, sounds, smells, etc. of the different environment, and being totally out of your normal routine that has you in such an emotional upheaval. It will pass, my friend. I'm praying for you! Keep up the fight!  clara :)

#18 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 05 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

EW, you are coming down the front stretch!!!! Yes, yes,yes!!!! You and Hershey will soon hit the trail and you'll be Cymbalta free!!!! Praying that these last days will be easy for you!!!!   clara :)

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 March 2014 - 09:37 AM

Well Xiaojie. The only thing I can say is I remember those days well. You feel like a over reactive idiot but just remember it is the Cymbalta not you. May God bless you and be with you. It will get better.

#20 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

EW, you are coming down the front stretch!!!! Yes, yes,yes!!!! You and Hershey will soon hit the trail and you'll be Cymbalta free!!!! Praying that these last days will be easy for you!!!!   clara :)

Clara thank you so very much.

Much love and prayers for you my sweet friend. :hug:

#21 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:06 PM

EW, this is exciting...like the countdown to New Year in Times Square, only better....a countdown to your new life!

#22 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:11 PM

Sending hope, prayers, love to EW and ALL of you here right now, and to the people who will come after!    XMan

#23 FreeSoon

FreeSoon

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

It was a display of extreme sudden emotion that was more than what the situation called for. And once I was able to get a grip on myself, I felt very stupid and really regretted my behavior/words.

Xiaojie, I am new to this forum, but definitely not new to feelings of regret and guilt.  My mother has a wonderful saying that has gotten her through years of anxiety:  "Don't review or preview".  Basically, you must live in the present without worrying about the past or future, which you cannot influence.  

I lived as an expat for 2 years in the UK, and sometimes you need to go batsh*t to make your needs understood!  Please hang in there.  Continue to live in the moment and congratulate yourself for how far you have come.  You are an inspiration to me!  

#24 Cloudy513

Cloudy513

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationEast coast
  • why_joining:
    Somewhere to vent and find information regarding withdrawal.

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:09 AM

I am having a break from my insane mood swings, but now experiencing tremendous pain in both my arms.
I have started journaling during this withdrawal in order to try and see if there is some cycle to it and to see how high and low it gets. Some of the things I have written scare the crap out of me. I have not experienced such hatred, anger, depression, hopelessness, and frustration in my life.
If my family ever got their hands on this book they would never speak to me again. They are not supportive of my condition anyway, so the things I have written about them are beyond horrid.
I do think it has helped me to have somewhere to put these thoughts and has kept me at times from saying them directly to someone and causing damage to relationships.
I don't know how long this break from raging and crying will last. Right now my brain feels like cardboard. But for those of you experiencing outbursts and overreactions you're not alone. I am afraid to go out in public right now for fear I will get into a fight with some stranger over nothing.

#25 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 08 March 2014 - 09:46 AM

Hi Cloudy, I must have missed your first, and following, posts...I was pretty lost in my own struggles during that time...I just want to let you know that the mood swings do pass....this is the first day of my 13th week off...cold turkey....I haven't worked since last June, and lost my health insurance...have been going to a sliding fee scale clinic in my neighborhood...the witch doc there prescribed the generic cymbalta as it was cheaper...I took one dose and had a violent reaction...cldnt afford the brand C at over $600, so I just quit....the first month was awful...I barely remember any of it, but day by day I struggled through...with the help of the wonderful people here....

You can get through it, too! We're here to help...and share hope....

My emotions ran from weeping and hysteria to rage ......in the space of an instant....this went for about a month...then they started to fade or lessen..by the start of the third month it was mostly intense irritability...with everything and everyone...but I was able to work through most of it without outbursts....now I'm pretty stable...with occasional outburst.....

These crazy emotions aren't you, they're the drug....try, when you're trapped inside one of the. Waves of emotions, to gently repeat to yourself that "this isn't me, it's the drug" ...or some such reminder....it's your brain working to heal itself....it has to "rewire" itself...and lots of sparks can fly in the process!

Also, I have found l-theanine and l-tryptophan to be very helpful with mood stabilization and anxiety....the tryptophan enhances serotonin, which is primarily what the cymbalta does....theanine increases alpha waves in the brain, which promote calmness and deep sleep....

Just be very careful to research whether either of these has an adverse reaction with any other meds you're taking and/ or other side effects....for example, they both can lower blood pressure....I put myself into a hypotensive episode because I took too much of both of them...

Feel free to vent here...we understand because we're going through this too!

#26 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:10 PM

Freesoon, thanks for your words - and I especially like your mother's expression. Definitely gonna be using and reflecting on that thought often. :)

And Cloudy...OMG. Sending out hugs of comfort and understanding to you. I'm sorry you're having it - extremely - rough, by your description. Seriously. My heart goes out to you for what you're suffering. But you are surviving this, you're still here, and you're not nuts. You hang in there. You are obviously made of tougher stuff than I am. I am realizing, after reading your post, that I have only had a mere taste of some of your withdrawal symptoms - and that was bad enough.

In fact (still in hospital at the moment), I just woke up from a really awful dream. And kinda don't wanna go back to sleep yet because I don't want it to pick up where it left off. I was gonna vent in a post here and complain, hahaha. But then I saw your post and changed my mind.

I think it's a fact that to one degree or another, we each are going to be enduring terrible suffering as we all try to get ourselves off this Cymbalta poison. I am now finishing my 3rd week, having quit cold turkey. I have had nearly every symptom you've mentioned having, off and on in that time - some episodes being longer and/or worse than others. And I have to do what FiveNotions suggested to you, ALL the damn time. That is, constantly reminding myself when experiencing these awful episodes, that they are happening expressly because of the body/brain trying to cope and 'rewire' itself, as FiveNotions explained. ( and thank you, FiveNotions for sharing with us. Since finding this forum, I have gleaned a lot of strength and hope from you, and always look forward to reading your posts).

At any rate, I am realizing also that although I have been having a 'mild' time of it since stopping Cymbalta - I do wrestle with the distinct possibility that the worst may lie ahead for me. I mean, I'm trying to avoid ruminating over that thought - but it is something I'm developing a hyper-awareness about...and it frightens me.

Like tonight for example, the nightmare was awful. About subjects totally foreign and irrelevant to my life in every way, but like going to a horror movie when you hate horror movies (which I do. Haha) and not only having to watch, but also being forced (via crazy withdrawal of the drug) to participate in it. I mean, I'm thinking "is this gonna be a regular thing from now on and I just have to adjust?" No way to know but just shut my eyes and go through this.

Also, now that I've refused to take any pain meds from my Dr this week, my leg and joint pain seems to be intensifying. Really have been uncomfortable tonight, but refuse to put any more drug crap in my body to cope with it. I am adamant about not going back to Cymbalta, even for a few beads at a time. (I seriously do admire ALL of you who are going off or have gone off Cymbalta in the sensible way - by doing the beads. And maybe I've been unwise to do it cold turkey. But what's done is done. I've come three weeks out of the Cymbalta fog, and I cannot bring myself to go back and put a single bead of that crap back in. I'm determine to keep riding these symptom waves as they come up, not knowing how much worse they may or may not get for me as I put more and more distance between myself and this drug.)

But I'm thankful I am finding camaraderie and strength with my fellow sufferers here. With us all hanging tough together, we can beat this thing and banish it from our lives forever.

I think I also digress a lot more when I speak, post-Cymbalta, haha. Constantly having a point, yet constantly losing my point. And although that may be a trivial symptom by comparison to the more horrible ones, I still blame Cymbalta for it because in my pre-Cymbalta days I rarely experienced that. Was used to being fairly articulate, clear-headed and sharp...but now feel like a space cadet most of the time. Oh well. If I learn nothing else through this entire experience, I will be learning patience with myself. :)

#27 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Home from hospital this evening, finally. But feel tired and hung over. Only on antibiotics the last few days, nothing for pain other than Asian equivalent of Tylenol. The joint pain that I've had this week has been very very unpleasant (Cymbalta withdrawal), also having the eye-things several people have mentioned, and headachey today. My stomach has been really upset because of a new antibio dr gave me for the MRSA. I'll muddle through this somehow. On the positive side, in between naps today I have had great bursts of energy, such as I have not had since beginning Cymbalta 2 years ago. Drinking a ton of water today - well, everyday now - today more than usual. Just trying to wash all these drugs out of my body. Sorry if I'm babbling on and on...just feel, as I said, hungover and spacey and not like myself, at all. Gonna go back to sleep now - hospital made me even more tired. Having dreams that make me feel...just...awful. Keep telling myself it's just the drug, it'll pass...

#28 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:53 PM

Welcome home, Xiaojie ! I so glad you can rest and sleep in your own bed....which is what you need most at this point!

The dreams are likely from the withdrawal....also possibly delayed gift of the morphine...and/or the new mrsa antibiotic....

Ditto with the nausea....

here are some suggestions.....

You're in Taiwan and so probably already know and are using this natural remedy for nausea....ginger...ideally ginger root...boiled into tea...or tiny bits chewed raw....even candied ginger...or ginger spice from the spice cabinet (I was licking it off my palm at one point as I'd run out of the other ginger)....

Chamomile tea....it's not specific for nausea, but it's a mild calming effect and gentle on the system....

Yogi liver detox tea is also good...for general flushing out of the body...but it has a sort of strong taste that might not go well with your nausea...

In addition to drinking plain old water, Gatorade can be a big help....metabolites and some b vitamins in it....

Joint pain.....magnessium supplement...also, soaking the arms...or whole body...in warm water with Epsom salts....the magnessium can get into the body and joints transdermally.....and the heat/ warmth feels good....perhaps also a heating pad?

Painful eyes and headache.....depending on what appeals to you...as in, your body thinks yes, that'd feel good....cold or warm compresses....for ex....I had been using cold on my eyes...but just recently they've wanted warm...

Keep us posted!

#29 Xiaojie

Xiaojie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 March 2014 - 09:04 PM

Hey FiveNotions, thanks for your advice - really value it. Yes, I always have fresh ginger root on hand because I'm always using it when I cook. So that one's covered. Same with the Camomile - plenty on hand. But the Yogi liver detox tea - I'm not even sure what that is exactly, and need to know that in order to find it in TW. We do have many of the same brands available here that we do in the US...but when it comes to herbs, vitamins, and other natural products they are often sold under different names, and many of them are in Chinese (my Chinese language skill is limited to speaking, this point), so I have to do a lot of research to find what I want and where to buy it. It's a pain in the butt sometimes.

Oh and what I wouldn't give for a warm bath, such as you mentioned!!! Most homes have showers versus tubs here, so no chance for a good soak unless I go to a hotel...hmmm...and that's actually not a bad idea! Lots of hotels with giant jucuzzi tubs here, so for about $40 USD, I can spend the weekend at nice hotel and pamper myself - which I rarely do. Probably really help my aches and joint pain a lot, and at this point, that's the symptom that's the hardest for me to tolerate every day, because it's constant.

Gotta go back to work tomorrow, so trying to take it easy today and rest a lot. Thanks again for the suggestions - helps me brainstorm. ;)

#30 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

Hey FiveNotions, thanks for your advice - really value it. Yes, I always have fresh ginger root on hand because I'm always using it when I cook. So that one's covered. Same with the Camomile - plenty on hand. But the Yogi liver detox tea - I'm not even sure what that is exactly, and need to know that in order to find it in TW. We do have many of the same brands available here that we do in the US...but when it comes to herbs, vitamins, and other natural products they are often sold under different names, and many of them are in Chinese (my Chinese language skill is limited to speaking, this point), so I have to do a lot of research to find what I want and where to buy it. It's a pain in the butt sometimes.

Oh and what I wouldn't give for a warm bath, such as you mentioned!!! Most homes have showers versus tubs here, so no chance for a good soak unless I go to a hotel...hmmm...and that's actually not a bad idea! Lots of hotels with giant jucuzzi tubs here, so for about $40 USD, I can spend the weekend at nice hotel and pamper myself - which I rarely do. Probably really help my aches and joint pain a lot, and at this point, that's the symptom that's the hardest for me to tolerate every day, because it's constant.

Gotta go back to work tomorrow, so trying to take it easy today and rest a lot. Thanks again for the suggestions - helps me brainstorm. ;)

IMO I would do just that after a week of return to work. A weekend of pampering yourself sounds like a very good thing! :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users