God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 March 2014 - 05:57 PM

This is the generic that gave me the horrid reaction that got me to quit cymbalta cold turkey....

Made in India by Citron....

Here's a recent NYT article discussing serious problems with the Indian pharma mfg industry....

http://www.nytimes.c...ty-worries.html

#2 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 07:45 PM

Oh MG! I am just glad the 2012 law was passed and they are at least attempting to see what's going on over there...I bought my dad's zyprexa directly from the India manufacturer. It's cost was 1/4 the price... They are all too big, too fat cats. In talking to the ParmaD yesterday, I asked about the counting of beads and what amount was in each "bead" of a 60 mg dose. He said it varied and is related to the coating and weight of each bead--that is what determines the amount of the poison, ahhem, I mean drug.

TY FN-strong research!!!

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 13 March 2014 - 10:12 PM

Oh MG! I am just glad the 2012 law was passed and they are at least attempting to see what's going on over there...I bought my dad's zyprexa directly from the India manufacturer. It's cost was 1/4 the price... They are all too big, too fat cats. In talking to the ParmaD yesterday, I asked about the counting of beads and what amount was in each "bead" of a 60 mg dose. He said it varied and is related to the coating and weight of each bead--that is what determines the amount of the poison, ahhem, I mean drug.

TY FN-strong research!!!

I have been on the brand name made in the good ol' USA blue/green capsules 60mg Cymbalta for 2 years.

My capsules contain 200 tinny, teeny, evil, nasty, vile devil's beads. I will with the help of this forum swallow my very last 'bead' on Tuesday March 18. This just happens to be the day my beloved dad died. I look at this as a good omen. I am sure he will be smiling. Thanks to all here for whatever part you had in my success. :hug:

#4 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 08:31 AM

I've been on the brand name cymbalta for 2 years; bead counting from 20mg green capsule with 190 beads. Thank God my Dr. never approved switching me to the generic.  This week I started 10 beads per day and my Dr. okayed removing 1 bead a day.  My last day is on crapalta is now Friday, March 21st!!!

Tip: I started keeping the beads instead of throwing them away and making my own pills using the capsules left from previous doses. I was concerned about my insurance company making me switch to the generic brand and I saved money.

I asked my pharmacist if there was any way I could give away my other doses, because I had a lot of pills left; 30 and 60 mgs.  She said no because of health reasons. It a shame we are forced to switch or go off cold turkey because we are switched or can no longer afford the medication.

Have a Great and More Positive Weekend Everyone!!! :)

clearglass

#5 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:
    Essentially I am here for support and real information. On a journey away from this medication and towards a mindful, present state of being. My goal is to find courage, my hope to help someone along the way. Change.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 10:48 AM

EQWoman--I will rooting for you!!! I think a good sign too...

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 14 March 2014 - 11:03 AM

Yay Clearglass! Another countdown to success is in it's final lap!

#7 GinnyKim61

GinnyKim61

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationMicigan
  • why_joining:
    Withdrawal from Cymbalta.

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

I would like to say that I have been taking the Generic of Cymbalta , Deluxotine, and I have close to 300 beads or so in my capsules. I haven't quite counted all of them yet, it isn't fun.

What I do know is that I'm not going to, for me, cry over spilled milk. What's done is done. It's one day at a time for me and I'm just so happy I'm on my way. It may take a longer time for me to go off but I will be off of them someday.

I've been feeling more up than down these days and it's all because of God's love for me, prayer and your support. I can't thank all of you enough for being here. Let's keep on keepin' on, Ginny

#8 xman

xman

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 March 2014 - 12:41 PM

HUGS to GK!! :wub:

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 March 2014 - 01:18 PM

Hang in there Ginny.

God Bless