• Please log in to reply
137 replies to this topic

#31 Misery68

Misery68

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:43 PM

I also was switched to generic and I'm wondering if this will be even harder to wean off of? My insurance won't pay for name brand anymore. This stuff is just a nightmare. I have horrible short term memory loss and lots of weird tingling sensations & numbness. Ugh!

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yea, we all know what that feels like for sure. The good news is that if you hang in there it will get better.

#33 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 09:19 AM

I'm think so far for me the weening has been about the same as what every one else has been reporting with the regular cymbata, I started weening when I was on the regualr cymbalta , and felt the same affects. The only one good think I have found is that the larger beads I'm dealing with is making it easier to control the dose.. instead of counting the tiny beads.. BUT I did see someone post on here that their Generic brand that they got have the tiny beads.. I'm praying I don't com across that with my next refill. I'm almost off. but still have some time left to get through this.. I'm nearing the end.. I to put on about 50 lbs over the past ten years.. I've not pursued trying to get weight off as I have a back issue problems going on right now as well.. But once off this crap and when my back gets back in order I will try.. But don't get me wrong.. I'm watching my diet and eating healthy, juicing and getting plenty of rest while going through all this..  It sure stinks.. let me tell ya your not alone.. Fingers crossed for ya.. I'm saving the beads I'm elliminating  in case I need them , if I get then next generic with tiny beads... good luck....

#34 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

I had the same withdrawal symptoms on the name brand cymbalta as the generic.. but it did take my body time to get used to the generic.. and it took me a while to figure out what the heck was going on.. The only thing I have found with the generic is that it has been easier to remove the larger pellets than counting the tiny ones and guessing what the dose might now be.

I have put on about 50 lbs since the start of this medication.. I've decided for me that my priority right now is to get off the drug , I'm eating healthy , and watching what I eat but weight loss is not my priority right now.. getting off this crap is. I also have other health issues I have to get in order as well. I hate the weight gain and that all this has happened to me but it's life gotta take it one day at at time. and go from there.

If your taking one pellet out of your capsual that is the regular cymbalta the tiny bead.. that is probably a good start. once you get the symptoms of with drawal how ever I'd recommend staying at that dose till your body get used to it. take a while.

#35 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 April 2014 - 02:23 PM

Real good advice by dlmj.  Good luck  M68.

#36 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:16 PM

Hi All,

I've not checked in for a bit.. Just an update on my progress. Although slow.. I'm still weening.. I'm down to the last bead in my generic capsule. Has this been easy NO!!! ABSOLUTE NOT....It has taken me over a year to ween down to this dose.. I have an appointment this week I have to be some what level headed for .. After that I don't have much on my plate and am going to finally STOP all together.. Please know that  for me I had found that I needed to stay at a lower dose for for two or more weeks while weening down the 20 mg's  before being able to down dose. It seemed harder on the larger dose and I found I had to stay on the higher doses longer in order for my body to adjust,  The head symptoms are my worse complaint with body buzzing and burning . I have other health issues I'm trying to deal with as well.. So sometimes it's hard to know what exactly is the issues at hand related to . Sooo wish me luck with the last push.. And I'm off.. In a few more days.  I can't believe I have finally gotten to this point. I keep envisioning my self in a year.. hoping this dizzy head will be done and over with. Blessings.....

#37 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:34 PM

How wonderful, dimj!

You are a real trooper...with heroic patience...to do the weaning over a year.... and do not push yourself harder now, at the end, than you can handle....even another month or two are nothing when compared to what you are working towards...a life free of cymbalta!

Please continue to keep us posted during your "last lap"!

#38 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Congrats Dimj. You have come a long way and should be proud of yourself.

#39 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:24 PM

dlmj

Congratulations! The dizzy head will go away. Try to focus on something else, and one day you will simply notice it's gone. 

#40 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 05:56 AM

Thanks Everyone..

I know, it so hard to be patient as you just want off.. BUT that really has been the trick to doing this. Patients and not rushing.. I found that out the hard way a few times before I got to this point. Trying to come off to fast and having in resort back to full dose to get feeling better.. Ya know I can feel what this drug does to us!! Now being on the lower does. By the time for the next dose I feel better , then have to dose and start the crappy feeling over again. I know this next push will be a challenge but I'm up for it... Looking forward to being done.....

#41 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:22 AM

It took me over 4 months to wean off the poison dropping one bead at a time. That was 63 days ago I swallowed the last nasty lil bead. Taking it one day at a time doing the best that I can. Prayers♥TheEquusWoman♥

#42 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:37 AM

HELP!!! I can't believe that I can create an avatar but can't control the type on my posts or access the emoticons! Xman had told me to click on the green arrow on the bottom right of the screen which helped last time but does nothing now....what to do???

All appears fine when I post but that is all..

#43 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:39 AM

Getting off cymbalta is the very hardest thing I have ever done.....hard physically...hard mentally...hard emotionally...and hard spiritually....

And yes, I'd do it all over again just to get my life back again ......my life...real, full of color, sounds, emotions, sensations, joy in relationships ....and even the current bad days included..... is worth every bit of that suffering....

#44 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:41 AM

I can't help with the typing on the site. Mine is terrible. I guess dementia does that to a person. lol     :wacko:

#45 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 May 2014 - 09:45 AM

TFL, are you on an ipad? If so, when I'm on mine I can't use emoticons,different fonts, underline, bold, etc etc....

#46 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Cancel that plea for help!   I finally figured it out and it's on the upper left side of the tool bar we use when posting! :)  (fh- I meant the font! :D)

Ok, that was the brain fog for the day - hope the rest gets better!! :lol:

Have my massage therapy this afternoon - am quite sore after the aqua fitness class yesterday, but have another class tomorrow...

Hopefully my body will adapt soon - I certainly need the exercise! :wacko:

Thanks FN and fh for your help!

#47 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:39 AM

:rolleyes:

Closing in on Elimination DAY!!!!!

#48 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, Spain
  • why_joining:
    Fnding cues for what I am feeling. Hopefuly giving others cues about this distressful state of mind and body we are all going through.

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:56 AM

IPads you can carry them everywhere, but have much limitations one is no choice of fonts, colors, emoticons... when you post. Plain text

#49 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:27 AM

I must plead ignorance to IPhones, as I have only a laptop - and sometimes I certainly have my problems with it! :(

Have a wonderful day, everyone! :D

#50 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:52 AM

Xanazul and TFL good morning!

The iPhone is the worst for me as it seems I have fat fingers that cover 2 or more letters. The iPad is convenient, but no font menu appears, and if you sneeze while typing, you could lose your posting. First World problems.

#51 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

hahah, I only have a lap top.. have it pretty much mastered , I choose to live in the dark I guess. I have only a flip phone, for occasional calls, and old fashioned books or magazines. My husband and I were in Boston MA, for one of my DR. visits and as we sat at a light I watched people just walking down the streets with their phones out and noses buried in them..  I said to my self .. no thanks ... I'm coming of this drug so my mind is healthier ( I hope ) I want to be aware of everything around me... :)  I look forward to having a straight head , clear mind.. and moving forward with my life, knowing it will take some time but I'm gonna do it..... Blessings

#52 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

I have a smart phone but as far as I can tell they call it that because it is smarter than its owner who does not know how to operate it!!!

#53 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:34 AM

I can relate, fh!! :lol:

#54 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Cancel that plea for help!   I finally figured it out and it's on the upper left side of the tool bar we use when posting! :)  (fh- I meant the font! :D)

Ok, that was the brain fog for the day - hope the rest gets better!! :lol:

Have my massage therapy this afternoon - am quite sore after the aqua fitness class yesterday, but have another class tomorrow...
Hopefully my body will adapt soon - I certainly need the exercise! :wacko:

Thanks FN and fh for your help!

TFL , just interested to know if you have any bad days after your exercising ...?..:-)

#55 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 May 2014 - 04:37 PM

Wagtail... not so far, only soreness!  I have fibromyalgia and arthritis and need the exercise (water type is all I can handle!).  I have only had 3 classes so far, but it will last til water is too cold again - probably sometime in Sept., so it has been many months since this poor old body has worked out! :(  I go twice a week and really love it! :)

How are you feeling?  I know that things have not been good for you lately.  Are you planning to see the therapist?  I would like to encourage you to do it!  I really feel that it would be helpful.  I'm so sorry that you have been feeling so down.

I send you my thoughts and prayers and many hugs (Maybe a "Group Hug" would be a good thing here too!) :hug:

Please remember to be kind to you and don't think too much! ;)

Liz

#56 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:36 PM

Group hug a go... Sorry for any kind of suffering ... I to have other health issues.. I recently found out I have degenerative spinal stenosis, I 've been considering going to the local Y to get in the pool ... To see if it will help me be mobile. I am now having a touch time walking.. I've kinda put other things on hold till I get through this ween.. Just a quick question if any one could relate... During the weeing process I notice I start to feel better later in the day.. I'm assuming this is the drug leaving my system.. has any one else noticed this happening to them. ???

#57 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:37 PM

Dimj, that's just wonderful! Another success story!

#58 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Wagtail, on the exercising.....when you've mentioned your exercise, it has sounded like you're pushing too hard, too fast....and expecting too much....

for example, my yoga for old farts class was an hour long...and easy stuff...but it was still more than I could handle, so I sat through parts of each class...and was still really sore and tired the next day....

if you're going to exercise, forget about the "work outs"... Set the "bar" really low...just five, ten, maybe fifteen minutes of simple stretching, or yoga....and just a couple times a week....if you feel crappy the next day, more than just a few sore muscles, you've overdone...so, reduce your exercise plan even more....once you find a level that you can maintain without a cymbalta relapse, just stick with that for a good long while....

In fact, how about just walking a certain distance every day....and increasing it slowly....

don't set impossible standards for yourself....and then beat yourself up because you don't achieve them....

#59 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:16 PM

Excellent recommendation on the exercise FN. Very slow and very small steps in the right direction. This should feel like help not torture!! lol

#60 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 06:19 PM

dlmj

Good work.

I think the daylight is the happy time of the day for our species. Dusk is that evening thing with her half-closed eye that flows up the garden wall oozing anxiety. We seek to banish the night in furtive, uneasy sleep, and dawn reluctantly blooms with melancholy and half-promise. I've always seen the day divided in 4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users