137 replies to this topic

#61 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 07:47 PM

A good yoga tape is by : Peggy Cappy.. Called Yoga for the rest of us.. she has a few of them , designed for folks who have health issues.. I have been wanting to start again...

#62 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 22 May 2014 - 08:10 PM

Good idea, dlmj...

Give it a shot! :D

#63 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 22 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

dlmj

Good work.

I think the daylight is the happy time of the day for our species. Dusk is that evening thing with her half-closed eye that flows up the garden wall oozing anxiety. We seek to banish the night in furtive, uneasy sleep, and dawn reluctantly blooms with melancholy and half-promise. I've always seen the day divided in 4.

Wow TM ... That is very beautiful albeit very descriptive of the truth .. Very poetic !..:-)

#64 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 22 May 2014 - 11:22 PM

Firstly thanks for the group hug , I certainly enjoyed it .
Dimj ... The worst times of the day for me are when I wake up & around 4pm ... I don't know why , I wish I did .
FN ... Thank you , you're so right & it is in my nature to be a bull @ the gate ... Black & white . I guess I just want to be well again so badly that I'm just being impatient & it has been detrimental to my recovery .

I'm sick with a chest / head cold ATM & I can't tell what are s/e symptoms or what's from the cold .. It has made me scared & depressed ,I always feel worse when I sit around doing nothing .
I can go from feeling ok, to a sick feeling in my tummy within minutes ... I don't know how to describe the feeling , it's somewhere in between anxious & dread .. I'm hoping that this is only because of the sickness & not me getting depressed again .

You will be happy to know that I have decided to make the appointment with the pychologist , I know that I need someone to talk to .
My thoughts are all over the place since I started FEELING & CARING again .. My problem is that I overthink things & feel that I should solve everyone else's problems for them .
I can't watch the news or anything that will upset me , because I tend to dwell on things .

We only moved here 12 months ago & being unwell for 6 of them hasn't helped me make new friends or get used to our new environment , I guess that doesn't help my recovery much . I actually feel very homesick & lonely .
My husband leaves home @ 5am & doesn't get home until dark , around 6pm . I'm not complaining because I don't think I feel well enough to do too much anyhow .

Thank all of you , your encouragement keeps me going & I really feel that things will improve for me someday soon .
My love to all of you ...

#65 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

I'm out of "likes" again, but Wagtail, that was a great post!

We are all cheering for you! :)

#66 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:55 AM

Wagtail, bravo! Adding the psychologist to your support network is a huge asset!

One thought.....have you selected someone?

I've always spoken with women, due to the nature of the issues I was dealing with (alcoholic father, and back then, when I started therapy, I had a huge distrust...and even dislike/hatred for male authority figures)....depending on your particular issues, female vs male therapist might make a difference...

We are right here, cheering for you every step of the way!

#67 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:43 AM

Wagtail

Homesick and Lonely-- This pair can move in and occupy your couch, empty the refrigerator, and drain the liquor cabinet! I hate these two!

But there's two things that will get them shuffling off to somewhere else.

First, don't say a word about anything they do- let them laze around and do nothing, maybe ask sweetly, "Did you sleep well?" Then say, "Eat and drink as you wish, because I will be pretty busy for the next two weeks and I won't be around to chat with you or prepare food. Well, gotta run!"

Second, put down some roots. See what the new community has to offer, see what's unique. Is there a Market, a museum, a charity, anything where folks mingle? Are there walking paths, nature trails, or maybe a good lookout point?

Homesick and Lonely is a broken heart. And it only mends with the medicine of the cosmos-- time. And the only way to accelerate the healing is to find something that briefly captures your mind. As you become engaged, time accelerates! It's what they say about time and having fun.

Hearts mend when you're having fun.

#68 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:02 PM

I love that way of describing it, TM.....Homesick and Lonely moved in with me when I moved to a new neighborhood in my city, 7-8 years ago..... my way of dealing with it was to leave H & L home in the new apartment....I took a good book and went to the coffee shop in my new neighborhood.....I wasn't alone there, could read my book and feel safe sitting in an easy chair in the corner, soak in the sights and sounds of the new neighborhood, and my very first neighborhood "friends" were the guys and gals behind the counter....I gradually expanded from there....

Again, wagtail....baby steps....one step, then stop and settle in....wait awhile...then another step.....settle in....repeat.... Before you know it, you've created new patterns and habits and a new home..... :-)

#69 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationCanary Islands, Spain
  • why_joining:
    Fnding cues for what I am feeling. Hopefuly giving others cues about this distressful state of mind and body we are all going through.

Posted 23 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

Wagtail,
To learn not to be tangled by thinkings, mindfulness. Better learned with a coach, but can be done by ourselves too.
Hugs to you

#70 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:20 PM

Wagtail, bravo! Adding the psychologist to your support network is a huge asset!
I've always spoken with women, due to the nature of the issues I was dealing with (alcoholic father, and back then, when I started therapy, I had a huge distrust...and even dislike/hatred for male authority figures)....depending on your particular issues, female vs male therapist might make a difference...

Yes FN I have chosen someone & it is a woman , I won't know our compatibility until our first consult.
It should be interesting & I am praying I feel safe with her advice.
:-)

#71 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:23 PM

Wagtail,
To learn not to be tangled by thinkings, mindfulness. Better learned with a coach, but can be done by ourselves too.
Hugs to you

Tangled thinking Xanazul ... That describes me now since I stopped taking Cymbalta ... My thoughts are my enemy !...

#72 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

Hehehe.....

I won't know our compatibility until our first consult.....
:-)

It's sorta' like a blind date, isn't it!?

And, just like a blind date....once you meet and "go out" a few times, if you don't feel compatible, you don't need to keep "dating"!

:-D

#73 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

Day 3 of no cymbalta...... Hard but doing it.. :blink:

#74 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:08 PM

Having a really hard time now......... help........

#75 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:35 PM

What is up dlmj. We are right here. Talk to us.

#76 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:32 PM

Dimj , are you ok ?...

#77 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:13 AM

Not ok, having real hard time with withdrawal... but pushing through...

#78 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:19 AM

dlmj..
Withdrawal is difficult. I'm off the poison for about 75 days thus far. Withdrawal was a journey to hell and back for me but I made it. Prayers for you. .TheEquusWoman♄

#79 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • why_joining:
    Fnding cues for what I am feeling. Hopefuly giving others cues about this distressful state of mind and body we are all going through.

Posted 03 June 2014 - 10:20 AM

Dlmj,
Sorry that I am feeling myself so bad that can not be of any help. But we will get through this.

#80 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:22 AM

Not ok, having real hard time with withdrawal... but pushing through...

Go easy on yourself. Anything, and I mean any thing that you enjoy it is time to spoil yourself. A favorite food, a certain tv show. When it gets that bad it is time to rest not exercise. Keep your mind busy and off how you feel. Read a book, watch tv, etc. Deep breathing exercises, etc. Patience and time. It will pass.

#81 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:33 AM

It's not easy at all as I am dealing with a serious back problem that keeps me down.. I am battling lyme disease.. and this... Soo with that said.. I have chosen to off set with prozac.. and come off that in a couple months.. I feel like I have failed , I will get this. I can not tell if the problems I'm have are the lyme disease as well. so I've chosen to try to treat lyme again and tackle  this in a bit.. thanks for you support.. I still feel very sick... even with the prozac... I realize it's not the best decision.. but one I had to make.. ~ blessings~ and best wishes to all struggling.....

#82 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Prayers for you♄
TheEquusWoman

#83 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:56 AM

dlmj

Here's how you are right, right, right and right: You didn't choose the back problem; you didn't choose the lyme disease; you have chosen to tackle the lyme issue again; and you have chosen to piggy-back off Cymbalta on Prozac (and that's a well- proven strategy).  

Don't even give getting off Prozac another thought- that's a task you may or may not chose to take on sometime in the future; it doesn't matter right now.

The Prozac takes a month to get working. There is no way to determine what's causing what symptom, so you just have to keep doing what you're doing.

"I realize it's not the best decision. . ." Not true! All of your decisions have been right on the money! You can be in charge of my Executive Decision-Making Team any day of the week! You can't figure out the symptoms and it isn't worth trying. Hunker down with a good book and wait for the Prozac to start helping. Don't worry, it's going to get better.

Take care.

#84 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

It's not easy at all as I am dealing with a serious back problem that keeps me down.. I am battling lyme disease.. and this... Soo with that said.. I have chosen to off set with prozac.. and come off that in a couple months.. I feel like I have failed , I will get this. I can not tell if the problems I'm have are the lyme disease as well. so I've chosen to try to treat lyme again and tackle  this in a bit.. thanks for you support.. I still feel very sick... even with the prozac... I realize it's not the best decision.. but one I had to make.. ~ blessings~ and best wishes to all struggling.....

dlmj, don't feel like a failure. many of us had to step down to a weaker ssri in order to get off Cymbalta. I fought 5 months of constant fear and crying and I just could not stand it anymore. I used lorazepam with the withdrawal and it barely dented it!!! So I went on Zoloft (another ssri similar to Prozac). Now that I am stable I am coming off the lorazepam and then will turn my attention to Zoloft, which like Prozac, has a longer half life and easier to withdraw from.

Be aware that it takes 6 to 8 weeks for Prozac to build up to full strength and around 4 weeks just to begin to get some relief from it. You are going to have to be patient.

#85 dlmj

dlmj

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Thanks every one.. these past 5 months have been hard.. I had to leave my job of 28 years due to my back issue.. I fought through a couple years of treating lyme.. Dr. suggested coming off the cymbalta but with no help other than going on the Prozac so that is what I've chose... I need to function at some level.. bad enough I can't get around like I used to.. and now facing possible surgery, for my back.. which I scared of doing.. but facing no other choice.. I've endured steroid shot, 6 diagnostic shots all at once in facet joints, didn't do a thing.. Now off to surgeon for further advice.. Disability sucks.. Soooo I have to make something feel better.. I've chosen natural alternative to treat lyme.. As I don't want to pump my body with antibiotics any more. they case harm.. Sooo here I am... hahaha.. take me as I am.. One saving grace in my husband who is the most understanding man .. and saint.. I'll get there...

#86 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

Lean on your rock!! You are lucky to have him.

#87 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:08 PM

Dlmj,
Guilt is a poison, it hurts your heart, it obfuscates your mind and overall, it is useless.
No need to exhaust your strength. "A retreat in time is a victory" says a spanish proverb.
You deserve to be proud of, and kind to yourself.
We will all get through this when time comes.

#88 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:25 PM

Xanazul

"Guilt is a poison, it hurts your heart, it obfuscates your mind and overall, it is useless."

Yes it's harmful. And guilt is something we've been taught, but it's false- like the tooth fairy and black cats crossing your path; we made it up.

I think we feel guilty when we feel we made unwise choices-- when we feel we could have chosen otherwise. But guilt is unwarranted. In the determinist universe of cause and effect, free will doesn't exist. Therefore, you made the only choice you could possibly have made based upon your history and your current mental state. While you are not responsible for the choices you make, you still have to endure whatever consequences are associated with those choices (legal, medical, or the effect of gravity). But there is no guilt associated with choices made.

Philosophically speaking, if free will exists, it is shared by all our cousins within the animal kingdom- cats, dogs, chickens. But I don't really believe that's the case. We humans use it for purposes of control-- guilt and punishment.

Interesting subject.

#89 Xanazul

Xanazul

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:59 AM

TM,
I don't totally agree with you about that free will does not exists.
I've been thinking in post about this very same subject since you opened the New Brave World topic and I will give you there the reasons why I disagree (to a certain extent) with your statement.

#90 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:22 AM

Hi Xanazul

Yes I would love to hear your thoughts.

Regarding free will- let's say it's a philosophical or cultural adoption like certain rituals, festivals, or clothing. Why would we choose to include it? What is the knock-down good reason for imbedding the philosophy of free will into our worldview? Free will is primarily used for one major activity-- to administer punishment to ourselves and others. Therefore it's a popular tool for control.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users