#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 05:48 AM

I have awakened with nausea & headache WTH?!?
Ah well this to shall pass. Just wish it would hurry...ugh

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:34 AM

It sure doesn't give up without a fight. Remember, there could still be some Cymbalta stored in fat tissue and liver. You will probably have a little up and down but as slow as you tapered I would expect it to last long.

#3 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:46 AM

Thx fh..hope you are good♥U
TheEquusWomam

#4 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 07:57 AM

Good morning Equuswoman.

It still takes about 5 days to get to blood zero after your last bead. It doesn't surprise me that you are still tied into the loop.

While it may sound like New Age woo-woo, try to accept what's happening, and begin moving toward the work of your day as you can.

Maybe today is a day you do something frivolous and light.

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:21 AM

EW, I'm finding that the day after I do some exercise, I have a crapalta day...some more, some less...but I'm sure it's because I've got quite a bit of fat and flab in which it can hide.....which is why I intend to eliminate as many of those hiding places as I can!

Be gentle on yourself, try not to be impatient....and do something to spoil yourself!

#6 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 01:54 PM

Fishinghat. .Wow, so if you taper very slow the symptoms last longer. .Geez I wonder what is the bead counting just makes the symptoms tolerable during this phase?

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:30 PM

Yea Carleeta, I would put it that way. But it still has to be better than cold turkey. I don't thing I could have handle that!!

#8 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:37 PM

Wow Fishinghat, I honestly didn't realize that! Definitely agree with bead counting being the better way to go also..Cold Turkey could be torture...

#9 clearglass

clearglass

Good Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationGreater Philadelphia Area
  • why_joining:
    I joined for support coming and staying off Cymbalta. Also joined to hopefully offer support to others.

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:39 PM

Hi Equuswoman, It will pass.  Hang in there.

#10 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 02:55 PM

Yep, CT was torture.... Wouldn't have made it through the worst of it without you guys! Xoxox

#11 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 March 2014 - 03:27 PM

Y'all are the greatest! The HA and nausea are gone..
Sometimes I don't have a lot of patience. What helps is knowing I'm DONE with the bead counting. Forever done with the poison! I thank y'all for the encouragement along the way♥The Equuswoman♥

#12 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 21 March 2014 - 08:39 PM

EW, I'm finding that the day after I do some exercise, I have a crapalta day...some more, some less...but I'm sure it's because I've got quite a bit of fat and flab in which it can hide.....which is why I intend to eliminate as many of those hiding places as I can!
Be gentle on yourself, try not to be impatient....and do something to spoil yourself!

Me too, I'm having the same problem , someways are worse than others !.
After I exercise my s/e return with a vengeance & I can taste chemical in my mouth & breath, it's dreadful.
I hope by working out hard that I will eventually get it all out of my system.

#13 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 21 March 2014 - 09:43 PM

Man, that taste thing sounds awful, Lundeliz.....that's one s/e I haven't had....Blech...... Does anything help with that? Mouthwash, breath mints, chewing gum?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users