8 replies to this topic

#1 BelaLugosisDad

BelaLugosisDad

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:18 PM

I am highly conscious that I am only consuming support on this forum and not providing support to other people.

When I recover (when not if) I will be in a better position to support other people and thank all you wonderful people for your encouragement personally.

The truth is, I am a victim of poly pharmacy. In the past few months I have quit Cymbalta, Lyrica, Etumina, Seroquel, Concerta and smoking. I am a complete mess.

I check in every day and read news of your recovery and it gives me the only encouragement I get.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:00 PM

No such thing, BLD..... Everything you share here IS helping others....current members of the community, those who read but don't join, and those who will arrive here in the future....also, it helps us to feel useful in that perhaps we can help/are helping you....

We are all in this together...most of us here, myself included, have been the victims of poly pharmacy....and prescription drug induced mental and physical illness....

But we are no longer victims...you are no longer... Because we've all woken up and said "no more"..."never again"....

We need you, your perspective....stay part of us!

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

BLD, knowing that you have been capable to get off all that poison is great help to everyone here. To think that anyone has that kind of strength gives all encouragement.

Keep up the good fight!!

#4 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:02 AM

BLD ..we all feel like that in the beginning but as we start improving we then get a chance to help newer members , that is how we learn to cope .
There are members here who have thrown me a life line when I felt like I was drowning & @ that time I could barely type a sentence . Luckily these particular members have stuck around to save other drowning members like you .
Just concentrate on getting through each day & you will soon find the time & inclination to give advice to others.

#5 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 02:17 AM

Brave YOU    BLD -everyone here can relate to the ups and downs of what you are enduring -

#6 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:10 PM

No such thing, BLD..... Everything you share here IS helping others....current members of the community, those who read but don't join, and those who will arrive here in the future....also, it helps us to feel useful in that perhaps we can help/are helping you....

We are all in this together...most of us here, myself included, have been the victims of poly pharmacy....and prescription drug induced mental and physical illness....

But we are no longer victims...you are no longer... Because we've all woken up and said "no more"..."never again"....

We need you, your perspective....stay part of us!

fivenothions: What a wonderful encouraging post you've made. I agree with you 100%. I am glad that you're here!

Much love & support for you! :hug:

#7 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:12 PM

BLD, knowing that you have been capable to get off all that poison is great help to everyone here. To think that anyone has that kind of strength gives all encouragement.

Keep up the good fight!!

Yep fishinghat I agree with this! :hug:

#8 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:14 PM

Brave YOU    BLD -everyone here can relate to the ups and downs of what you are enduring -

Yes indeed! :hug:

#9 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 March 2014 - 06:16 PM

I am highly conscious that I am only consuming support on this forum and not providing support to other people.

When I recover (when not if) I will be in a better position to support other people and thank all you wonderful people for your encouragement personally.

The truth is, I am a victim of poly pharmacy. In the past few months I have quit Cymbalta, Lyrica, Etumina, Seroquel, Concerta and smoking. I am a complete mess.

I check in every day and read news of your recovery and it gives me the only encouragement I get.

Don't be sorry. We are glad that you are here with us. Please let us know, when you can, how you are doing.

The members of this forum care about each other. That I know in my heart :hug:

Prayers and support for you from TheEquusWoman

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users