2 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 06:39 PM

In Withdrawal/Discontinuation, fatigue and listlessness can dominate your entire being for months. You lay there seemingly unable to move, your thumb lazily bobbing on the TV remote. You have two well-trodden paths that you could negotiate in total darkness- one leads to the fridge, and the other to the washroom.

But deep inside you know if you had to move- you could.

If I were to go through this again, I would hire a personal trainer/coach to pull me off the couch and help me get moving. It's not a role that would be readily adopted by a family member, as perhaps that wouldn't be fair- they're spooked enough.

The exercise would stimulate the flow of the happy chemicals in the brain, and that couldn't hurt.

#2 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:04 AM

In Withdrawal/Discontinuation, fatigue and listlessness can dominate your entire being for months. You lay there seemingly unable to move, your thumb lazily bobbing on the TV remote. You have two well-trodden paths that you could negotiate in total darkness- one leads to the fridge, and the other to the washroom.
But deep inside you know if you had to move- you could.
If I were to go through this again, I would hire a personal trainer/coach to pull me off the couch and help me get moving. It's not a role that would be readily adopted by a family member, and perhaps it wouldn't be fair- they're spooked enough.
The exercise would stimulate the flow of the happy chemicals in the brain, and that couldn't hurt.

Oh no Thismoment ... It didn't work for me, I tried hard to exercise . I joined the gym , had a trainer & worked hard even on the days where I could barely drive my car, I pushed myself to do it .
The outcome for me was a waste of time & money.
I would work out one day & then spend 2/3 days flat on my back from worsening s/e's ... My reasoning was, that I would release the CRAPALTA that was hiding in my fat cells quicker & therefore heal quicker .

I think I was getting a hit from the ( hidden ) Cymbalta by working out & then the next few days I was suffering withdrawel again . Then I would repeat the process over & over , I finally gave in & stopped the hard exercise & am now waiting patiently for it to get out of my system any way it can .

It's almost 6 months now & I still feel awful , not many great days I'm afraid .

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Hi Wagtail

Oh sorry to hear that- good to know. The idea of a personal trainer seemed like a good idea to me yesterday- but in my current state of being 'mostly recovered'. I must confess, however, that it never entered my mind while I was in the trenches. I am impressed that you got out and pushed yourself- I couldn't do it!

I do hope you are feeling better soon. 

After nearly 6 months do you think the Cymbalta is still 'coming out'- do you think some is still in your body?  I think fishinghat posted something about it lingering in fat cells, but I can't remember how much and for how long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users