3 replies to this topic

#1 Tinker

Tinker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:06 AM

Hello to all the lovely people on this forum!

I have been secretly behind the scenes reading this forum daily the last couple of weeks and what an awesome vibe I get from the people on here that I had to pop on and say hello and share my own experience thus far.

I have been on cymbalta 30mg now for four years. I have always suffered from depressive tendencies since I can remember and was at a low point when I went to my local go for help. Cymbalt a helped me coped through these tough times and didn't mind the 'numbness' feeling. However, when I started dating someone I realised that my sexual desire was at an all time zero and therefore decided for the sake of the relationship to come off this med cold turkey. I only lasted 7 days with the evil brain zaps and severe sadness that I couldn't take it anymore and went back on the nasty drug. This occurred late last year.

It's only since I discovered this forum and reading others comments that I discovered the art of bead counting. Who ever discovered such a method, I could kiss you! For this to me seems like a far better road to recovery.

So, as of a couple of weeks ago, I started the bead counting method, so far dropping 10 beads every couple of days. I opened my 30mg capsule and counted approximately 250 beads so dropping this amount seemed sustainable, and so far so good. I have since dropped 80 beads from my dose and have had only minor symptoms of anxiety, (Mostly in the evenings) occasional nausea, some feelings of emotion ( either happy or angry) and sleep deprivation. The biggest issue I have come across thus far is my inability to concentrate; one minute I am thinking of something and in a split second it's gone! I still have a fair way to go, but I am happy to take my time rather than experiencing the ultimate withdrawal. I pray to god that my experience will continue this smoothly but after reading posts on this forum, I am anticipating harder times as the dosage drops. Lucky for me at this stage in my life I am now single with no kids so I don't have any one who will be effected by my withdrawals.

Anyway, just thought I'd pop in and say hello, I hope to update you on my process as time goes on.

Good luck to you all on your journey to freedom!

Tinker xo

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 May 2014 - 08:38 AM

hey, Tinker. Welcome to the site and good luck on your weaning. Sounds like you are off to a good start.

#3 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:13 AM

Welcome, Tinker!  Happy to have you with us :)  You are so wise to use the bead counting method.  Wish I had known about it before I went cold turkey a little more than 4 months ago.  Man, what a trip! :angry:

Please visit often and let us know how you are doing!

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 16 May 2014 - 10:36 AM

Hi Tinker!

Oh boy, I sure do know what you mean about the .....oh look, a squirrel!!

concentration......

what was the question again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users