God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 10:52 PM

A friend sent this to me.....Interesting....could this be why apple cider vinegar seems to be helpful to some of us? It's alkaline....does it "balance" the acidity? [Correction: See post by Fishinghat....ACV is acidic, not alkaline....my apologies!]

I'm trying to find research on this...Fishinghat....do you have anything on this "stashed"?

http://psychcentral....sion/38953.html

Edited by FiveNotions, 25 May 2014 - 08:47 AM.

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:32 AM

Sorry FN but apple cider vinager is acidic. It contains 4% acetic acid. as well as some malic acid.

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:34 AM

Major brain fart! Thanks for the correction Fishinghat!

#4 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:09 PM

So does this mean that the ACV isn't good for us after all ?..

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:25 PM

Since it has been such a help with my arthritis pain - I'll still drink the potion!!! :wub:   

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:47 PM

Who knows, wagtail! I posted it because I'd never heard of this theory before...and in my over tired addled brain, I was thinking that ACV is alkaline. (Thank God for Fishinghat!)

I have had excellent results from using ACV....no more arthritis, no more acid reflux....when I don't take it, arthritis comes back, as does the reflux...

So, I'm sticking with the ACV....

Remember, we've learned the hard way....from trusting our docs about cymbalta....not to believe everything we read or hear or are told....ACV was my mother's and grandmother's " tonic of choice"..... those are two sources I trust! ;-)

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 June 2014 - 05:27 PM

Well, they say timing is everything. My wife suffers from foramenal stenosis.  Each of your vertebrae has a hole on each side for nerves and blood vessels to pass through from your vertebrae to your body. This hole in the vertebrae is called a foramen. My wife has several of these that are filling with arthritis and applying much pressure to the nerves. She uses lidoderm (pain killer) patches over the area to control the pain. Well to make a long story longer. As we left first service today one of the drs who goes to the second service stopped us and said he was thinking about my wifes condition and had a recommendation. He said to use a 50/50 blend of Braggs (sp) apple cider vinegar and water on the area on her back where the nerves are pinched. It may take a couple months to make a difference but will reduce the arthritis and the pain greatly. He recommends it to many of his patients as a way to reduce there use of pain meds for arthritis. I asked him if he has ever heard of using it on fibro and he said that the ACV worked better on the fibro than it did the arthritis.

I thought that was very interesting.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I just found these two articles on using ACV to reduce cholesterol and triglyceride levels. I don't have a cholesterol issue but my triglyceride are around 900 and are not suppose to be over 200!! Sooooo guess who will be trying the ACV? I let you know how it works.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/21561165

http://www.ncbi.nlm....pubmed/19630216

ACV lowers cholesterol and triglycerides.

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 June 2014 - 09:51 PM

Fishinghat, I think the ACV might have helped bring down my cholesterol and triglycerides as well.....can't be sure, because ii also take a med...simvastatin....that reduced them a lot, and they leveled off...then, my most recent tests, after I've been using ACV for 5 months or so, had come down even more....cholesterol 120 and triglycerides 160.....

Very interesting that the doc said to apply the ACV topically....and that he recommends it for both the arthritis and the fibro....

Braggs is going to see a huge jump in sales just from this forum! ;-)

#10 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

FN... I hope that the ACV will reduce cholesterol, as I stopped taking Simvastatin some time ago.  I had taken it for about 4 yrs and it gave me terrible leg cramps at night - woke me up often and had to jump out of bed! :angry:  When I saw the Dr. last, I told him I wouldn't take statins any more and he didn't say anything so I'm sure he's going to wait til my next blood results!  I gave blood last week and I will be getting a postcard with my cholesterol reading so it should be interesting!

fishinghat, I am amazed as well that ACV can be applied topically~

Interesting stuff! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users