#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Let it all go.

It's natural to want to resist the assault of withdrawal- we hate it! But we soon see that we just can't stay strong forever- it's exhausting, and it spikes up the anxiety. When we fight the withdrawal symptoms, and when we covet a certain expectation of recovery-- the setbacks feel even more profound! 

You are on this merry-go-round and you can't get off until it stops.  You can't shorten this event, you can only make it worse!  Let it all go. Focus on those personal chores that support your dignity and self-esteem: shower; dress in something that makes you feel good; put on your makeup; get outside; and put your need for sympathy on the shelf for an hour and find somebody to thank.

Turn on your engine of compassion and take it out for a spin. 

Let it all go. I know it hurts-- your world has a broken heart. When it's time to cry it's time to cry-- that's one valve you really need to open wide.

The greatest strengths you need in withdrawal are non-judgement and non-resistance-- it is what it is, and it's done when it's done. 

#2 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Words of profound wisdom♥

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:50 AM

Excellant!!

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Resistance is futile!

Excellent. Yes, let it all go.

#5 Kat1523

Kat1523

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:23 PM

Brought tears to my eyes! Thankyou TM!

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:40 AM

Thismoment, just reread this.

Ever thought of writing a book on this subject of withdrawal?

So many could benefit of you wise comments, thoughts and wisdom.

Just reading you, we know it is written from the heart. You have been there, walked the path,

Tried the compassion engine, and it felt so good. Thank you again, I enjoy reading you.

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Gail

You are so kind. Thank you. 

Perhaps our minds have a fixed bandwidth for suffering, and if we occupy that bandwidth with compassion for the suffering of another, there is less room for our own pain, and we may feel a moment of reprieve, an uplifting-- even joy.

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 24 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

TM, now I'm having that good, therapeutic, healing cry.....yes, please do consider writing a book, or a collection of short essays....or just compiling all that you've written here in one place for us to refer to again and again....

Xoxox

#9 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:43 AM

Fn, I agree with you, compiling it here in a place for us to refer and refer and refer. Short essays as you mentionned would be great.

The wisdom of TM brings a lot of soothing and peace.

Again, the writing rings a bell very often.

Reminds me of Eckart Tolle, but in a much more simpler and comprehensive words. More practical, I would say.

#10 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 30 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

Never can figure out where I am on this site so I post at random, sorry:(

TM...'let it all go'. I am looking forward to doing the things you advise...I suppose I'm in the anger/rage stage & haven't found too much posted in that department. I am unsure of the source...one minute it's the meds then the drs., marriage, friendships but mostly at myself. Self loathing is my latest friend...at times I feel the suppressed memories while on the dope was a good thing, as now it is excruciatingly painful as I look through my view finder (anyone remember those?) at the total apathy & flat lining I seem to have cloaked myself in since starting Cymshit. I can forgive others easily as I learned early unforgiveness rusted the vat inside. Forgiving myself, a whole other experience now! Being in the moment is an edgy, slippery slope for me right now. I once read this quote somewhere in time, "No matter where you are at this moment, is exactly where you are meant to be no matter how things may seem to appear." I don't wanna Be here...Maybe tomorrow I'll 'put on make-up, put my sympathy on the shelf and rev up the engine of compassion and take it out for a spin,' but today I'm gonna just let the tears flow and maybe when they're done I'll have a little more strength for the journey of this discontinuation deal. Day 9 off the junk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users