7 replies to this topic

#1 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:08 AM

Brave New World  by Aldous Huxley was published in 1932, sixteen years before George Orwell's 1984. These are classics that are becoming more relevant all the time- who knew?

In Brave New World the citizens are given a drug called Soma, a medication with all up and no down. It's not unlike the drug many of us went looking for to deal with our depression and anxiety- a happy pill. When I look back at that dark corner of my life, a happy pill was truly what I needed and wanted.

The citizens of Brave New World become mindless drones, and that's not unlike the mindspace in which many of us landed-- lurching unsteadily on sea-legs, out-of-focus, half-in and half-out, emotions flat-lined.  But unlike Soma, Cymbalta did NOT give us the lovely long-day swooning high; rather, it took us down a blind passage in an underwater cave!

Here's where we leave Brave New World and enter the World of Cymbalta Withdrawal. Unlike the delirious strata-cruising of Soma, we crash into the trenches of withdrawal where we are tortured by unknowable demons. We're filled with rage. Some of us become violent- we end up on CNN and in every newspaper. Primary school teachers fearfully whisper our names.

We are now immersed in a Brave New Crisis, and since Cymbalta went generic on December 11, 2013- sales of Duloxetine have skyrocketed!! 

You know, and I know that we need to have a Brave New Conversation to find a solution.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

The qualities of the human Soul are....memory....intellect....and will....

Cymbalta stole my memory...8 lost years....

Cymbalta damaged my intellect.....reduced my cognition and mental faculties....

Cymbalta weakened my will...to live, to enjoy life...to pursue goals...even to pray...all became weakened...

Cymbalta damaged my Soul....

This is Evil in it's most nefarious form....masquerading as "Good"...... offered to those who are in the weakest and most vulnerable...it doesn't heal, it enslaves.....enthralls.......

And, we here have not only seen the Mask, we've lived behind it, we've battled it, and now we've ripped it off....

Our Souls are once again free .... and being healed..

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

FN

I couldn't agree more. While I don't know anything about the soul, I do know this junk profoundly impacts the mind and spirit.

#4 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:21 PM

(We are now immersed in a Brave New Crisis, and since Cymbalta went generic on December 11, 2013- sales of Duloxetine have skyrocketed!!)

Thismoment, this gets to me. Any reseach on this? It breaks my heart to think what people will be going through eventually.

This is scary. My skin crawls just to think about it.

In the middle of great depression, we dont think about the outcome, just want to be alive again.

When I started on crapalta, I remember my doctor saying that the molecule of this crap was one hell of a good one. The best of the best. French speaking she is, the real words she used, for those who understand french, CYMBALTA  EST COMPOSÉ D'UNE C******DE BONNE MOLÉCULE, LA MEILLEURE.

I, today, cannot blame her. She thought it was the best thing on earth. It is prescribed for most of her patients, knee injury, fibro, depression, you name it. Free, yes free samples for 5 months.

Anyway,  I am losing myself in all this, sorry.

Yes, any research that this crap has skyrocked? I know that FH and FN are great in this, I would like to read about it and probably cry over it.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

I couldn't find any articles on how much sales has grown since Dec when the generic came out. With the generic so much cheaper and accepted by nearly all insurance I have to believe sales will rise. There will probably be some end of the year totals next spring.

#6 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 04 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

Oh this is pure hell ... This crap being given to young brains is just pure evil ...surely there is a journalist or tv reporter who would be willing to read the posts on this forum & make the public aware of what is happening !!!!
The public has to be warned of the dangers of this drug ..

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

Okay I need to retract the hyperbolic verb "skyrocketed" I used in my initial posting of Brave New World. Upon reviewing my google search it turns out I was reading 'forecast' sales from the list of pharmaceutical companies who will produce the generic. One of the largest markets for the generic is expected to be India.

I apologize for using this word as it is clearly in error.

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Premature perhaps but I bet not in error.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users