7 replies to this topic

#1 CrypticAnimal

CrypticAnimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • why_joining:
    Hoping my suggestion may help others get off this horrible drug.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I hope I can help other people get off this terrible drug.  I've been on it (60mg a day) for about 10 years and prozac before that for about 10 years.  I'm on day 11 of my withdrawal and hardly have any symptoms.  I've achieved this seemingly impossible feat by using several techniques.  Prana yoga to calm myself when the brain zaps were unbearable, drinking lots of water to hopefully flush my system quicker, and eating lots of veggies to get natural vitamins.  The veggies rich in B vitamins seem to help the most.  Make no mistake, the first week will be terrible no matter what.  Just keep telling yourself "This too shall pass".

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

Appreciate the info CA. Welcome to the site. We look forward on hearing more from you in the future. Best of luck

#3 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 06 June 2014 - 02:26 PM

Hello CrypticAnimal,

Well that is quite astounding, hardly any symptoms.

Keep posting, as we all know, there is a minority of people going through this with minimal symptoms. We rarely hear about them.

Bravo for you, seems that you are one of those. And welcome any time. Looking forward to read your progress in this adventure.

#4 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:53 PM

Hey CA welcome!

Glad to hear your symptoms are light. 

Prana Yoga, plenty of water, lots of vegetables, and a good attitude! Sounds very good to me. Please keep us posted.

#5 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Welcome, CA!  How lucky you are -- and a rare one at that~

I am happy for you that you are getting through this so easily - please keep us posted!

#6 CrypticAnimal

CrypticAnimal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDallas
  • why_joining:
    Hoping my suggestion may help others get off this horrible drug.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the positive posts. Day 12 & still doing well. I seem to be feeling more energetic too. I think I'm done with western medicine. If they can't give you a pill or cut on it they don't want to try anything else.

#7 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:48 PM

CrypticAnimal, if you dont mind my asking, what is The Zohar? never heard of this, thanks.

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Wow, CA, that's amazing....sounds like you're going to be one of the "rapid success stories"!

Just don't be surprised if something hits you by surprise....this drug is evil and sneaky :-{

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users