God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:46 AM

Remember, you have the choice to go back up to a dose level where you were stable, settle in there, and then bead count the rest of the way down. Otherwise, you're just along for whatever ride the withdrawal wants to give you, with no control.....bead counting, and going slowly, allows you to control the process, right now, it's got you...

#32 dreamingotters

dreamingotters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:54 AM

I'll remember that. This is still not as bad as it could be. Or at least as bad as I've experienced before. I'm going to keep going with 15, I just don't know what to do right now but curl up and not do anything.

#33 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 June 2014 - 10:49 AM

Curling up and not doing anything is, indeed, doing something! You're giving your body and brain the time and rest they need to repair themselves.... the less "doing" you "do," the better right now!

#34 dreamingotters

dreamingotters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 04:50 PM

Thanks FN. I ended up sleeping most of the day, waking up here and there, but now, overall, I'm feeling less like I was. Not all the way but enough. Hoping that lasts.

#35 dreamingotters

dreamingotters

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

So tonight I went down from 15 mg to 7.5 mg (43 balls in the generic med). I've started bead counting instead of just eyeballing it like my psychiatrist said to because that's freaking stupid and I realize that now (He STILL has not called him back btw and it's going to give me major anxiety to call again and express my displeasure, major major, but I'm going to at least try to do it and not to chicken out). I know it's still a larger drop than a lot of people end up doing, but I'm committed to getting off this as quickly as possible without making things very much worse. Optimistic, I know, but I'm also committed to going back up a dose and going slower if withdrawal lasts too long or is too strong. I've also decided for sure that I'm going to take a week each time (more if there's any lingering withdrawal symptoms) instead of the few days he recommended. 

I want to say, as it is, I appreciate the no judging, 'here for support no matter how you decide to get off of the stuff' mentality here mixed in with experience and shared knowledge of consequences. Thank you guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users