Photo

Anyone Past The Withdrawal Altogether? Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:10 AM

i find many people on this forum who speak about how long they've been cymbalta free and the withdrawal symptoms they still experience. many others speak about how they weaned off cymbalta and ramped up onto another drug, often an ssnri or ssri. anyone gone through it and have now exited to "the other side" altogether?

i have been cymbalta free for over 4 weeks after going through an every other day withdrawl technique for several months prior. i didn't/dont have the financial resources to have a 90 day supply with which to do the bead counting method. the shear terror/fear phase seems to have abated, however general anxiety remains. i went to see my therapist for the first time in almost two years just for a "refresher" and that was very helpful in allowing me to recognize the irrational thought patterns and take control with what i am telling myself about a specific triggering event. however the paresthesiajoint and muscle pain, fatigue, weakness, headaches and irritability remain. the symptoms manifest a handful at a time in a cyclical pattern. its rare i don't feel any of them. physical excercise helps, but my weakness and joint pain is growing and starting to limit that. 

i understand that people who went on cymbalta to deal with physical pain such as fibromyalgia and are now in withdrawal exprience psychological symptoms that they did not have before they took the drug. is the opposite also true? other than mild arthritis, i never had any chronic physical pain or medical issues. i realize its possble that my arthritis may have gotten worse while i was on cymbalta and that it was only when i withdrew that i realized how the conditions may have been "masked" but i didn't think cymbalta was anti-imflammatory. however, i've never suffered through anything such as generalized aching joints and muscles, similar to how symptoms of fibromyalgia are described.

any thoughts or insight?

thank you 

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

Hi brzghoff, really great to hear from you! Congrats on being four weeks off the poison!

I haven't had the pain you're having....but yes, others here have been commenting on just this sort of stuff recently.....Another Mind, Tria, and others I'm not remembering just now (haven't had my coffee yet)....

They'll be checking in during the day, so you'll get some good info shortly....in the meantime, I'll see if I can find a few of their posts and put the links here for you....

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:32 AM

https://www.cymbalta...hdrawal/page-12

https://www.cymbalta...ion/#entry41608