• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:
    I am here to gain support and support others

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

Cymsick,

THANK YOU for your prayers...i am in shock too...i just put a call into the on call psychiatrist...we'll see what he/she says and i'll let you guys know...T

#33 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

I'm taking 30 cymbalta, 20 Celexa (1/2 original dose) and 10 mg Paxil

#34 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:53 PM

Is he weaning you off the Cymbalta and Celexa at the same time and putting you on Paxil?

#35 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

IBS....remind me.....are you trying to cross over to celexa from cymbalta?

And if I recall, you dropped from 60 to 30 cymbalta....why did you do that rather than bead count?

FH, think she could go back up to the 60 cymbalta now, after being at thirty for a week or so....and drop the celexa and the Paxil....this three at once stuff is insane.....

IBS, were you stable on just the cymbalta 60 mg?

#36 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:00 PM

my gut tells me he'll switch me to Paxil altogether. But then the withdrawal from that sh--t is horrible.

#37 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:02 PM

If he is dropping you of the Celexa and the Cymbalta both then you should be OK. Just watch yourself and try to keep the weaning going.  And by the way, you are right about the withdrawal from Paxil. Good luck.

#38 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:04 PM

IBS....remind me.....are you trying to cross over to celexa from cymbalta?

And if I recall, you dropped from 60 to 30 cymbalta....why did you do that rather than bead count?

FH, think she could go back up to the 60 cymbalta now, after being at thirty for a week or so....and drop the celexa and the Paxil....this three at once stuff is insane.....

IBS, were you stable on just the cymbalta 60 mg?

FiveNotions,,,,that was his plan but the Celexa is causing HORRID dizziness so that i can't drive...we had briefly switched to Paxil and my mood went south as it is now...so now i think his plan is to see if the dizziness leaves and then switch me from Celexa to Paxil and wean off the Cymbalta from there...I've been on 30 for a month and a half, no bead counting yet. I guess I'm one to trust whatever the doctor decides. NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

FH,

no, he is going to keep me on either the Celexa or Paxil then start weaning me off Cymbalta.

#40 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

One bad thing about being on three meds that are all being dose adjusted at the same time. If something go wrong (side effects, withdrawal effects etc) how do you know what caused it?

#41 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:09 PM

But it sounds like the Paxil wasn't working for you either?

#42 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:11 PM

I'm with FH on the three meds,three dosing adjustments and no clue which is causing what problem....that's nuts....

Were you stable on just the 60 mg of cymbalta?

#43 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

I only tried Paxil for about a week and it was around the time my hormones were acting up (i'm in menopause) and so I thought it was the Paxil...then switched back to Celexa...dizzy all the time...now here we are...I just spoke with the on call doc and he thought it was weird but said it's not life threatening.

Thanks for your concern...I really feel like the devil is after me..

#44 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:27 PM

Yo, IBS, I'm asking again ... were you stable on the 60 mg of cymbalta?

;-)

#45 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:53 PM

ittybittysmitty

I think you need a rescue mission! Can you find a hospital, de-tox, or similar facility to go to for a period of time? My dear I fear you are going in circles and there needs to be a goddamn doctor to see that and intervene. I'm worried.  Please ask your medical people for intervention to assist you.

#46 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

Thank you FN...i completely agree and he is fired!

FH,

Cymbalta has stayed the same, I dropped the Celexa in half and the Paxil is 10 mg.

#47 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:31 PM

IBS, I'm with TM on this....I'm worried....this has gotten too complicated and you are going in circles.....adding, subtracting, changing meds....and it can't be done by telephone.....

Please take care of yourself....you need to be somewhere safe and where you've got folks to work through this with you....

:-)

#48 ittybittysmitty

ittybittysmitty

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:13 PM

FN,

sorry i forgot that part...NO i wasn't stable on the 60...i was bitchy as can be, it made my bipolar worse...

But, the on call doc suggested going back to 60 and starting over.

If any of you pray, please pray because i'm at rock bottom...living in my mothers basement and only one friend who reaches out...the other is a fake friend...now that she knows i'm going through this i stop hearing from her...whatever.

You guys are my saving grace...it's funny how cyber friends can be closer than physical ones, especially the one-sided kind;o))

xoxoxoxo

#49 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:29 PM

IBS

Have just now been reading these posts - omg, girl, please get some help even if you have to go to the ER.

And I know about the "so-called" friend  -  I had one of those.

Love, hugs and prayers for you

Liz

#50 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:31 PM

IBS, yep, I'm praying for you!

And yep, we're here for you, we care about you, and we'll do everything we can to help you!

#51 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:01 AM

IBS...sleepless here in California and reading this thread to see how you are & the replies given you.

I have been praying to God to lift you up & give you some clarity & guide you to a place of healing for mind, body & soul...please keep reaching out here & know you have real friends here...God made you & I for a purpose, cloudy as it may seem right now,you must keep fighting the battle & know you are loved!!

#52 tria

tria

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:21 PM

IBS - Wow my head is going in circles just reading these posts about your meds! I hope you find a doctor that can help you. FH made a good point - if you are taking these 3 meds and adjusting the doses on all 3, it's impossible to tell what side effect or symptom is from what drug (or combination of drugs).  I've been chronically sick my entire adult life (20+ years) and have been on lots of meds.  Doctors throw them at you left and right, and before you know it, you're on a ton of medication.  I'd been trying to reduce my med use for a while, but after this disaster with the Cymbalta, I definitely believe that the fewer meds you need to take, the better off you are.  Hang in there and please keep us updated!

CymSik and others - I read a few comments on here about supplements.  Just a note from experience - supplements can take a while to work.  You may not notice any beneficial effects until a couple weeks and sometimes a month or two, depending on the supplement.  So don't give up on them quickly! I can't speak directly about the Omegas because I haven't taken them with any real consistency but I know this is true with other vitamins & supplements.

#53 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:15 PM

It's 6am & I don't know if I'm suffering from panic , anxiety , fear, distress or all rolled into one I couldn't stay In bed because I was just getting worse. .
This has been a really bad 48hrs... It's Sunday here & won't be able to talk to a doctor until Monday @ the earliest . I have given up worrying about my benzo use & just took another 0.5 mg just so I can think straight .
I'm shaking all over & it's hard to type .
What the hell is happening , I'm supposed to be getting stronger by now ?.
I will wait until 8am & take a small dose of the Clonidine , I need to get this anxiety under control so I can work on a plan .
I desperately need to find a psychiatrist who is @ least familiar with discontinuation but where do I start .. Can't just google one ?.
I think I've been reading way too many negative links & have myself convinced that there is no happy needing to my journey .
If I have to go back onto something , I don't trust the medical professions choice I'm scared of all antidepressants now .
Every time someone recommends something I google it & it's the same old poison .
I'm @ my wits end today ...& very very scared .
I should not be like this after the long 7 months I've already suffered ...I don't know where to turn anymore ..

#54 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

It's 6am & I don't know if I'm suffering from panic , anxiety , fear, distress or all rolled into one I couldn't stay In bed because I was just getting worse. .
This has been a really bad 48hrs... It's Sunday here & won't be able to talk to a doctor until Monday @ the earliest . I have given up worrying about my benzo use & just took another 0.5 mg just so I can think straight .
I'm shaking all over & it's hard to type .
What the hell is happening , I'm supposed to be getting stronger by now ?.
I will wait until 8am & take a small dose of the Clonidine , I need to get this anxiety under control so I can work on a plan .
I desperately need to find a psychiatrist who is @ least familiar with discontinuation but where do I start .. Can't just google one ?.
I think I've been reading way too many negative links & have myself convinced that there is no happy needing to my journey .
If I have to go back onto something , I don't trust the medical professions choice I'm scared of all antidepressants now .
Every time someone recommends something I google it & it's the same old poison .

I'm @ my wits end today ...& very very scared .
I should not be like this after the long 7 months I've already suffered ...I don't know where to turn anymore ..

Correction .. " No happy ending !, not needing .."

#55 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 06:52 PM

Wagtail, where is your husband? Where are your children?

Why aren't they helping you with this?

Here's info on PTSD and anxiety disorders from Aussie sources.......

http://www.adhd.com....nic_attacks.htm

http://www.betterhea...stress_disorder

#56 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Fivenotions , my husband is here with me & is very supportive & understanding but there is only so much he can do . He doesn't understand the medications & he can only hold my hand.
Most of the advice from family & friends comes from their desperation to help but has not solid basis ...
It was my daughter who took me to the therepist on Monday & was relieved that I was getting professional help @ last . You & I both know that practicing mindfulness when one is in panic mode doesn't quite work .
It's Sunday here so not much chance of getting into a doctor until tomorrow .
I just took a chance & looked up my old therepist from quite a few years back , I was surprised that I still had her home phone number & even more surprised that she still lived there.

She spoke to me & remembered me well ... We spoke for about 15 mins & she gave me some advice & managed to settle me down a bit .
I'm thinking of driving the hour & a half to see her this week . She is already familiar with my history & has advised me to have a DNA DOSE TEST done ASAP , the results will help the doctor know which medications I can or can not take .
She also recommended a Private hospital that has very good pchychiatrists practising there & I should be able to see as a outpatient .

She also recommended that I stop the Xanax & return to the Valium ... She hates Xanax !!!!,

I will let you know how I go ..:-)

#57 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Now THAT is progress, Wagtail!

Have someone drive you to see her...DO IT, don't just "think about it"!

And the place that offers both residential and outpatient treatment is wonderful!!

This is a good plan, DO IT!

Bravo!

#58 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:57 PM

Oh, Wagtail...

I was so happy to read your post!  It seems that you will finally start getting some answers!

I wish that I could be of more help to you, but I have no knowledge of all of these drugs and can only offer my love, support and prayers. 

Please make that appointment tomorrow - you must - this is really a wonderful plan!

Liz :hug:

#59 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:01 PM

PS...Wagtail, ya' know, that residential option sounds soooo lovely to me.....I'd leap at the chance....just think, someone to cook your meals and bring them to you, fresh sheets every day...changed by someone else....someone else to do your laundry....lots of time to rest and probably a lovely garden or some such, maybe even "arts and crafts" heheheh....maybe a swimming pool, some massage and yoga.....and, on site therapy with someone who actually knows what they're doing ...with both the meds and the therapy....hell, if it was me, I'd be packing my bag right now!

It's a spa, with Valium.....

:-D

#60 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:12 PM

FN and Wagtail...

Maybe if we all go we can get a "group rate"  -  FN you made this place sound irresistible!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users