• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:19 PM

http://www.cchrflori...d-long-lasting/

In Sept of 2012 “Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics” published the results in a paper contributed by these researchers from the Department of Psychology at the Univ. of Bologna, Italy, the Adult Psychiatry Residency Training Program, at Harvard Medical School, Boston, USA and the Departments of Psychiatry and Medicine at McGill Univ., Montreal, Canada.

The researchers found that patients indeed had significant withdrawal symptoms while trying to quit the SSRI and significant post withdrawal problems long after they had stopped taking the drug.

LINK to original article in Psychotherapy and Psychosomatics
http://www.karger.co...icle/Pdf/341178

#2 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 28 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

These articles don't give much hope for our long term recovery !... Very distressful ..

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Wagtail, remember, that study was based on the reports of people who post on websites like this one....paxilprogress.com, etc.....and the only people who post on this and other such sites are the ones who are having difficulties...we are the statistical few....there are millions of people who quit with very few problems, they never need to report to the FDA or use this kind of website for help.....

So, what that article is talking about is the statistical extreme minority....folks who take 6 weeks, 12 weeks or more to get off this class of drugs....

The point of the article about the journal article, and the study in the journal article itself is that those of us who do have problems have REAL problems and the med pharma community needs to take this seriously....

The articles aren't telling us anything WE don't already know....they're trying to get through to the med pharma idiots who say "no such thing"......

------

Now, back to my question to you....have you called your therapist and your doc to tell them you are still having extreme anxiety?

I will keep asking you until you actually say yes, you have called them and have appointments ! ;-)

#4 air3333

air3333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

No I don't believe it is the statistical extreme minority, people are living with the difficulties if they visit these websites or not. They are told specifically that it is their disease or a new disease. They are specifically told incorrect information from the authorities and doctors. This should not happen, but a lot of bad things happen in America. I can disagree with articles such as these. 

On 30 mg and angry about the reasons why they even put this drug on the market. I know I will recover from this toxic chemical concoction. I have a choice, I don't have to swallow the pill for the rest of my life. This is still America - the land of the free.

I think more and more people (especially veterans) will be steered into taking Cymbalta and the truth may never come out because they will blame it on the person. 

#5 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

You've made an excellent point, Air....and I'll reread the articles and rethink what I wrote...thank you!

I do have hope, a lot of hope that the truth is coming out, and will continue to come out....and a hell of a lot of determination and commitment to that effort .... hence my gratitude to Knox Ricksen for taking on our cause!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users