Photo

Cymbalta Withdrawl And Emotional Issues. Please Help !

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 chicu

chicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:28 PM

Hello, 

Thanks to this forum, I have lowered my cymbalta intake quite a bit.  I have been taking cybalta 60mg for about 2 years along with rivotril. I stopped taking rivotril in december and have been working on stopping cymbalta since march.  I started counting the pallets with the 60 mg and successfully made it to 30 mg with no problems; as the pallets go lower and lower I have experience several issues including heart palpitations, emotional distress and anxiety. I was down to 110 pallets and everything was ok. Going below that number I start feeling the withdrawal symptoms. I am also going thru a divorce and this is not making things easier, I have a 9 year old daughter who no longer wants to speak with me.  For the past couple of days I have increased the pallets and I am back to 150, but I have been an emotional wreck crying and feeling depressed. Is this normal when going up with the pallets ?? I feel disoriented, confused, fearful and extremely depressed.  I feel like everything I've done in my life has been a mistake and that the world might be better off without me. Has anyone felt this? Can anyone help with advice on the cymbalta and with my daughter? She is the thing I love the most in my life and I am fearful that she will never forgive me or love me again.  Any help is greatly appreciated. thank you for this forum

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:47 PM

Welcome chicu!  So happy that you have found us - this is a group of the most caring, supportive and knowledgeable people you could hope to know -  your new cyber friends!

I am sorry to hear of your personal problems combined with your attempt to discontinue the Cymbalta.  My suggestion would be to go back up to where you feel stable - obviously you are not feeling that now and you don't need the withdrawal symptoms at this time.  There is no rush.  When your life settles down some, you can then begin the more gentler "bead counting" and we have members here who can be of enormous help to you.

I know that the lower your dosage goes, the more withdrawal you will feel - why add to your already fragile feelings at this time?

Again, welcome and please keep us posted!

Others will chime in soon to welcome you as well :)

#3 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 30 June 2014 - 04:37 PM

Welcome Chicu...first of all, 'I feel like everything I've done in my life has been a mistake and the world might be better off without me' is not true!! It is the drug that is playing that shit tape recording! You HAVE a precious daughter who is 9 years old & desperately needs you & loves you very much!! Don't you dare let this drug jeopardize the best thing that ever happened to you, your baby girl!!

I am on my 9th day of cold turkey from 20mg. Awful, yes! I just keep reading posts & hanging on to the promise of other's here that this will get better. You will be getting replies soon from the others here with a wealth of support & advice.

Keep posting, no matter what! I am assigning angels to protect you & praying for God to lift you up & know YOU ARE LOVED, Sister

I am going to keep checking on you as I know the spirit of suicidal ideation can turn on you like a cobra!! I have attempted suicide twice before and at times the only thing that prevents another attempt is seeing how much pain I had put others through who loved & cared about me & if I had succeeded the emotional scars I would have left permanently on them!

PLEASE, HANG ON & HANG IN...HELP IS ON IT'S WAY...Big, tight hug. Rebecca

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 June 2014 - 05:06 PM

CymSik is right. The withdrawal makes all of us feel like 'it' is our fault. It takes away your confidence and fogs the clarity of the mind. Your experience is not unusual. Many have little to no withdrawal at the higher concentrations but as you drop down lower the body has more and more nerves that need to adjust. These nerves take time to return to normal. I am afraid you are just beginning a long hard process. The worst of the withdrawal is the last 10 or 15 beads down to zero and the two to four weeks after zero. Then recovery is slow with many set backs along the way. On top of that the daughter and divorce will only add more stress to your situation. Are you sure this is the right time to be doing this? Maybe you should wait until you life settles down some.

#5 chicu

chicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:35 PM

I think I am gong to stop with the drop of pallets; should I go back to the full 30 mg? Suggestions?

#6 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 30 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

chicu

Go back to where you felt stable - if you need to go back up to the 30, it's OK - you can bead count down later when your life isn't so upset.  Don't consider it a failure - you can only take on one major problem at a time and I think you are already standing there with a full plate.  Don't make it worse - you need to be in charge of yourself at this time.

I offer my support, hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug:  

#7 chicu

chicu

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Thank you Liz 

I really appreciate your support

#8 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

Yes, I agree with TryininFl, Chicu. You have a lot to deal with and if you can get back to a dose you were stable on...DO IT!! Also, are you on brand or generic? If generic, who is the manufacturer?

#9 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

I tried go back up to become stable but it created more problems for me. Hopefully, this will not be the case for you and you can stabilize and taper/bead count when things are more manageable...a divorce is a huge stressor without the fallout of trying to get off meds. Your daughter is only challenging you by not speaking to you to check her boundaries & being assured she is loved & not the reason why mommy & daddy are divorcing. She is seeking some security and needs consistency through this tumultuous transition called divorce. She is only 9 years old and this has to all be very scary for her, it is for you right?

#10 wayne

wayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Locationspringval vic australia
  • why_joining:
    get addvice on meddicaton

Posted 01 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

o chicu chin up what dosent kill you make you stronger

and when it comes to life mastakes make you wiser, regrets make you stronger and if you have a good heart your a good person

i would change a thing in my life apart from the depression the good the bad and the ugly i wouldnt be the porson i am today

#11 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:21 AM

chicu

I agree with TFL, FH, and CS.

Unless you have a medical reason for withdrawing at this time, you might consider postponing that serious exercise until your home life is settled and you have re-connected with your daughter.

Once you are stable and everything is in order- it might take a month or a year- then start the weaning off slowly from a position of strength. Most likely your suicidal ideation is coming from relationship issues combined with withdrawal. Smooth out the relationships first, then withdraw. Go slow. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users