Photo

Should I Still Be Having Brain Zaps After Going Back Up To 60 Mg?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

This is my third day back up to 60 mg and I am dizzy and still having brain zaps.  Is this still withdrawal from earlier in the week when I had gone down to 30 mg for 6 days or are brain zaps a side effect of Cymbalta.  I had been on Cymbalta previously and this time I have been on it since December and had not had these brain zaps.  frustrated and confused.

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

The zaps are most likely due to the hard and fast drop you made from 60to 30 mg.....the 60 mg you've gone back up to still hasn't kicked in fully, and so you're still feeling withdrawal effects from the drop....

Time and patience...time and patience....this will pass and you will stabilize!

#3 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:35 PM

Patience has never been my strong suit :)

#4 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

FN and DTG

Patience: n, good-natured tolerance of delay.

You know, I never really liked that word and never knew why. But recently I've thought about it and I think I understand my apprehension about it. Good-natured tolerance of delay is possible in short bursts, and I think we can all do that when we're heating something in the microwave for 30 seconds.

But the mindset- the hunkering-down in toe-tapping, watch-watching patience- is an activity that is wholly future-related! And the future never arrives as imagined in the mind-state of patience. This is why we suffer patience- it's a mind-state not in the present; nothing can be achieved in the future, there is no happiness there, there are many possible futures (and it just changed), it never arrives as self-advertised, and fundamentally it isn't real! 

Recovery won't arrive all-at-once in a flash- it is in fact the state you already occupy; there are no big steps. It's like Evolution- a staircase model is a poor representation of that process- a better example is this: imagine a ribbon that's black at one end and it fades to white at the other, and it stretches across the galaxy. The shades of grey are infinite, without steps, and the gradient of colour-change is totally imperceptible. Such is discontinuation.

Patience is like wishing- it's linked to an imagined future and it's legless, without traction. So what's the solution? Find something else to think about, something else to do that demands your focus, your attention, and your engagement. This will build your future! And this is the present moment, and it's all there is in the entire universe; try not to waste it in anticipation of something that almost never arrives as imagined. Joy only lives in every moment, and progress may only be comprehended in retrospect.

I'm sorry if it's a little abstract, but it's how I think. 

#5 downtongirl

downtongirl

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

Thanks for the insight! 

#6 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:59 PM

TM, I agree completely! I probably shouldn't have used the word patience, because what I meant is what you described...patience is what we have when waiting for a train, and the train is delayed...that anxiety/tension clock-watching struggle... what got me through the worst of the withdrawal, and helps me keep living in recovery now is simply living what I'm being given at the present moment...it's the opposite of patiently waiting for something to arrive...it's a sense of just being with what is with me right now ... oh heck, just "ditto" to everything you said, TM!

#7 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

FN

Ditto!

A thought occurred to me while I was writing that, but it didn't fit so here it is now: On the car side mirror this is written- OBJECTS IN THE MIRROR ARE LARGER THAN THEY APPEAR. But what it really means is, IT'S LATER THAN YOU THINK!         

lol

#8 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

HAHAHAHAHA