#1 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 08:51 PM

I swallowed my last EVER bead of the Cymbalta poison. I accidently quite "cold turkey" that sucked. I then went the way the physician said to go and that sucked worse.

I began searching the w.w.w. for any info that I could find to help me rid myself of this vile, evil drug. A drug that had slowly taken away my short term memory, my emotions, my libido and other things important to me. I happened upon this forum filled with wonderful caring and compassionate people. I will remember always fishinghat and thismoment who met me with a warm welcome and taught me how to bead count. I am forever grateful to them for this. It took me over 4 long months to wean ever so slowly off this bad drug. I couldn't drop 3 beads per day as most people can but had to only drop "1" bead per day thus taking such a long time to wean off. But wean off I did and it is what it is.

How am I? I am, I guess ok. Doing the best that I can taking it one day at a time. I am not suffering from increased anxiety as anxiety was not a problem for me before I began taking Cymbalta. I was prescribed this drug to help with chronic pain due to osteoarthritis of my entire spine. I did not believe that this Cymbalta crap drug was helping me with that pain. thus I wanted "off"....and so my journey began. A journey that took me to hell and back. But back I came thanks to the people here on the forum who were here encouraging me and cheering me on. I can only hope that my injured brain is able to repair itself. I will however do the best that I can with it and carry on living my life, reading my books, riding my horse, things I do for the sheer joy of it.

I am forever grateful to the people here who continue to help others who are fortunate enough to find this forum seeking freedom from the evil clutches of this poison.

I hope and pray that they find the freedom they are so desperately seeking as I did.

God bless everyone here. Those thinking about the journey, the ones who have begun it, the ones in the midst of it and the ones like myself who have made it through!

TheEquusWoman

#2 scared60

scared60

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico
  • why_joining:
    Had a scary incident, now thinking of getting off Cymbalta. I came for advice, support and friendship.

Posted 18 July 2014 - 11:12 PM

Equuis! I was thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Am so glad you have taken the last one. Praise be! I'm just now coming back into the fold, having done the 60/40/20/0 14 day reduce. On day 4 today. Ugh. But you, wow so proud and excited for you!

#3 air3333

air3333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

Amazing. Have to keep going. 

Physicians can marginalize you all they want. The reality is, that we, can determine our future and change our trajectory. If a drug is causing my problem, then, I want off the drug. First we have to find out about psychiatry and its roots. I didn't understand this until I did a little research that there is little science in psychiatry and it is all theories. 

Theories are not proof or written in stone. If you have a fever that is measureable, there is not a single measure for depression or anxiety. You just go off what people say. That is not science to me. Science you have to have measurable results. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users