God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 31 July 2014 - 08:50 PM

Oh, and another thing that liquid ACV cures ...sinus infections! I've had one coming on for the past couple of weeks... knew I should use the ACV, but it burns a bit, so I kept postponing ... anyway, I just used it ... take an eye dropper full of a mixture of 2/3 ACV with 1/3 distilled water ... lean head back, squirt a dropper full of the mixture as far up into each nostril as possible and inhale ... it runs through the sinus cavities and down the back of the throat (also makes your eyes water like crazy) ... repeat this several times, a few minutes apart ... voila ... the whole sinus system starts unclogging ... have box of tissue handy, cuz the junk is gonna come out :blink:... I'll do this morning and evening for the next couple of days ... works like a charm ...

And, yet another thing ACV cures is athlete's foot ... soak feet in pan filled with mixture of 1/3 ACV and 2/3 regular water ... or, just wipe your feet with cotton balls soaked in the mixture ...

#32 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

my question to the ACV tonic or pills, I understand this is to lower the triglycerides, is this safe to do? Understanding they are stored in the fat cells and later the hormones release these triglycerides for energy between meals..and they are a separate liped from cholesterol.. I do know exercise and diet are truly the ways to lower these triglycerides and usually respond very well to these changes. My question is to why would you all be trying to lower your high level of triglycerides through ACV? Needing a clear view of this topic because, somewhere I got lost (not to hard for me...lol)..Please explain... :)

#33 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

FN....

Wow!  Who knew??

Thanks so much for the new info! :)

#34 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 01 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

I think I may have found the culprit that has been creating havoc, Eureka!

In june, I switched my usual estrogen patch to a different lower one , a different company. Looking back in my logs, I noticed that after 2weeks or three, the shit began hitting the fan.

Been waking up 3 or 4 times a night feeling panicky, without realizing that this was to be followed by a hot flash. And this morning it hit me like a ton of bricks.

That could be it, have to build that estrogen back up and see what goes. But I am quite sure this is a part of the reason for the set back. Now, all I can do is wait.

I am so relieved to realize this. To be continued

Liz, thinking of you, I know the great day is approaching, love you.

#35 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:22 AM

Gail,

I hope that you have found at least a portion of your relief in the new "upped" patch and with luck, maybe that is really all it is!!  That would be wonderful :)  You remain in my thoughts and prayers.

I leave tomorrow for Seattle and then my older son and I will fly to Honolulu on Wed.  Wedding is on Fri.  I have managed to overcome most of the anxiety and am looking forward to seeing everyone!  I still don't like flying and that is the only problem, it seems.  I need to get out of here for a while and feel that this will help my "stuck and alone" feeling...

Love to you, my friend,

Liz  :hug:

#36 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 01 August 2014 - 08:58 AM

Hi TFL, sure hope you've decided to take your laptop with you ... we'd love to hear from you during your trip! Then again, if you get caught up in events and are enjoying yourself, forget about us and just "go with the flow".... you've done everything positive to prepare for this ... therapy ... and all those "glamor treatments" ... I just know you're going to have a great time!  :)

#37 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Thank you, FN...

I am getting very teary reading all of your wonderful thoughts for me.

All of you on this forum have become my dear friends in just under 7 months.  I wish the best to all of you and may you all come through this discontinuation a new and wonderful person! 

I will not disappear - trust me!

Love, hugs and prayers,

Liz :hug: 

#38 ShadyLady

ShadyLady

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • LocationSo. Cal
  • why_joining:
    Formerly CymSik

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:16 PM

TFL, You Go Girl! Silly as it sounds, you getting on that plane & going to Seattle then Hawaii for your son's wedding, is the most exciting thing going on in My life!! I, too, dislike flying...control thing I guess. I am just rotting away trying to inspire myself to move from this debilitating malaise of doing nothin towards something positive that will get me unstuck!

Enjoy, be good to yourself! Walk by a mirror & wink at yourself and say "Hi, Beautiful!" before walking out the door to leave tomorrow!

#39 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 August 2014 - 01:50 PM

thanks, Cym...

I'll try to remember to do that!  If my son weren't getting married, I would be going nowhere - believe me!  I must get out of this horrible funk and am praying for a great time with my boys and new daughter-in-law!

Your wonderful note also brought tears..

Love and hugs,

Liz :hug:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users