Photo

Why No, I Haven't Completely Lost My Mind....

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amybc7

Amybc7

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

The nurse from my doctor just called to follow up with the thyroid lab results.  Finally - my thyroid levels are normal (but a high normal).  

She says "We don't treat the numbers.  We treat the patient.  How are you feeling?"

I started this increase the same time I started reducing the Cymbalta.  In hindsight, probably not the best choice.

How am I feeling?  How am I feeling?!?!?!

So I was honest.  I told her I had no clue how I was feeling since my body was a complete mess because of the f-ing Cymbalta.  (Yes - I dropped a f-bomb on her).  I told her I had been nauseated every day for the past three months.  She laughing asked if I was pregnant.  I told her I hadn't had a solid bowel movement in over a month and when I'm able to eat I'm so gassy and gross it's disgusting.  She asked if I ever had issues with my gall bladder.  I very calmly explained that I was 99% sure it was from the Cymbalta.  

She was surprised!  Surprised!  She proceeded to check my records and said "Well you should have been done with that in early May."  You think?  I explained that I was too sick from taking it every other day as they had recommended so I was bead counting.  Her reply?  "I've never heard of such a thing."  Mind you - I have been to her office, the ER, Urgent Care, and to the lab and no one has flinched when I explained this so far.  She said that the idea was "crazy" and she wasn't sure it was safe.

Now, let me say that I adore this woman.  She's been with me longer than my doctor has and we have that comfortable level that I know she didn't mean anything by it.  It's just so frustrating!  She left me with "I don't really know how to help but if you think you should be seen you know where we are."

I just hate this!  I'm venting - but I know that it's okay.  I know I'm doing the smart thing that isn't crazy.  Right?   :lol:

#2 air3333

air3333

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

Unfortunately they will discredit you because you are the one on the drug.

The healthcare profession is in denial over this.

The mainstream psychiatry consensus is that the cymbalta helps people lead better lives. This marketed as such and continues to circulate in mainstream health journals etc. Doctors also recommended smoking and doing heroin at one point in time. We are not living in some golden age where we found out what works in the brain and what does not. These drugs are similar to heroin and cocaine and are addictive by my standards. 

Only do I realize this now that this has been fabricated as a lie. This is similar how they sell coca cola and other harmful sugar products- they have runners on TV advertisements drinking coca cola and show how it helps them run. Coca cola does not help you run - it just raises insulin levels and gets you fat. 

I can also say how this is similar to the tobacco industry as well. It is interesting there are no long term studies on the effects of this hardcore drug and how they can continue to prescribe this to people for years. I can easily see this now since I am on a reduced dose and now my thinking levels have increased. 

It is not a conspiracy if it has actually happened to you. 

In addition, this is very hard to prove because it is in your mind similar to LSD and Cocaine and is marketed as medication given out by authority figure doctors. 

Have these antidepressants ruined my life? Possibly. There is no proof as the brain is the most difficult thing to understand in the whole universe. Psychiatrists will try to say this is like diabetes and you need the drug to live the rest of your life. I think heroin addicts say the same thing, that they need the drug to live. 

To me, there are a lot of similarities between this industry and the tobacco and sugar industry. They blame everything on the person and not the drug in order to avoid lawsuits. I get it, nobody wants a lawsuit, but consumers must take this into their own hands and stop doing these drugs it is affects them in a negative way. 

The truth may or may not come out. It would be hard for me to sue anyone on this. Therefore I can stop taking the pill on my own. I am happy I live in America where I can stop doing these drugs willingly. 

#3 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

air3333

To say they are in denial is to compliment them. Denial is refusing to accept the truth- these people have not encountered the truth yet, so they are simply ignorant. They haven't learned that the earth orbits the sun.

Dr. Shipko pointed out that the medical industry is still using the Antidepressant Handbook that was published when Prozac was a kid in the early 90's. Nobody had withdrawn from the drug back then, but the pamphlet said withdrawal would take just a couple of weeks.

The psychiatric SSRI/SNRI drugs are far worse than heroin or cocaine if you just consider those withdrawal symptoms that can (and do) remain for life. It could be well-argued that many patients would have been far better off on either heroin or cocaine.

I know what you mean about the pharmaceutical companies being similar to sugar and tobacco industries. Also, the ground-floor ethic, the prime motivator is PROFIT, and that greed will not allow any other ethical considerations to emerge because they would cut into the profit. And Big Pharma has many tentacles reaching into all aspects of government, media, education, and society to control information and keep the profits flowing in.

Change comes slow, but it's starting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users