3 replies to this topic

#1 Avenger

Avenger

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 August 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hello
I'm 41 m and was on zoloft for anxiety for like 17yrs 4 months ago this horrible psych nurse practitioner put me on cymbalta it didn't do anything but increase anxiety she threw in buspar and abilify didn't help made it worse so a new doc said since I was ok on zoloft I should go back I was at 60 of cymbalta we went to 40 for two weeks then 30 for two then 20 for one and started zoloft 50 two days ago so I'm 2 days off cymbalta and I feel crappy very high level of anxiety and my head feels very off I'm terrified by what I'm reading on here how long withdrawl lasts and how severe has anyone switched to zoloft and had a smooth transition and any suggestions on how to get through the switch
Thanks !!!

#2 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

I left you a response in another thread so I won't repeat that. I just wanted to mention that the abilify has withdrawal as well.

#3 Amysgarden

Amysgarden

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUS
  • why_joining:
    Kicking the poison out of my life

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:18 AM

Each time I have switched from one antidepressant to another involved simultaneously reducing one med while adding another. There was no reduction before adding the other. I've never had any issues switching from one to another. But then again I have never switched from Cymbalta to another med. Cymbalta is my last, so far. My doc was very concerned about not disrupting the SSRI serum level regardless of transition. So basically, he would drop down a tier on one med while adding a tier on the new drug.

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

I fully agree with Amy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users