#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:40 PM

Well I am continuing to taper off the lorazepam. I am 22% down at this point and dropping 1% per week.

On another note. I have a nephew who has fibro and has been on apple cider vinegar (ACV) for several weeks and it has made his fibro pain much better. Both my sister-in-law and I had stomach problems from the ACV so we switched to malic acid/magnesium tablets with good success. Her fibro is much better. I am taking it for high triglycerides so I will have to wait until my next blood test. In the mean time it has almost eliminated my arthritis pain (it didn't bother me much before the malic acid but it has eliminated what pain I had.

#2 Carleeta

Carleeta

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • why_joining:
    Read so many painful stories on here and offering others support while trying to heal myself from cymbalta and other antidepressents.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

Fishinghat....yipeeeeee.  You work so hard to get things under control for yourself.. I admire the strength you have.  I also admire how much you share this with others here on the forum.  Love the update, and it sounds so promising.  Your posts help so many of us and even the guests who pop in just too surf around looking for answers.  Yipeeeee to you.......

#3 buntbean2

buntbean2

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    Help with going off Cymbalta

Posted 26 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

That's awesome you're able to be tapering your lorazepam.  Hope for the rest of us!

I started drinking a 1/4 cup of Braggs a day several months ago but I developed hives (which I've never had before) so I stopped guessing the ACV was causing them.  The energy I had while doing it was amazing (this was before I started going off the Cymbalta).  I keep meaning to start up again but I HATE the taste!  I've heard it can be good for those with arthritis (and many other problems as well).  I've had issues with my knees for several weeks now.  Maybe the ACV would help.  Truth is, I've never had issues with my knees.  I'm wondering if going off the Cymbalta is causing me to feel more aches and pains in my body.  The nerve pain (which is why I was put on Cymbalta) hasn't gotten any worse so that's good news.  The dizziness is a rarity now too.  Needing to use my brain for figuring out problems at work left me in tears and very anxious today.  I've always been awesome at organizing and tackling problems.  Not anymore, apparently.  Or I guess I should say...for now.

#4 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:07 PM

bb2

Your new avatar is frustrated, exhausted, defeated, exasperated, and coming apart both emotionally and physically! I've had days like that too!!

#5 equuswoman

equuswoman

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • LocationSweet Home Alabama
  • why_joining:
    In the future want 2B off Cymbalta! The physicians are no help. Looking for understanding, support & encouragement as I know this is a difficult process. Want 2 be of help 2 others who will find this site looking for same things as I.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

Fishinghat
How much ACV?
Glad to read this update♡
Thx

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:44 PM

EQ          I was taking 2 tablespoons in a cup of water once per day. You talk about an upset stomach. WOW But the malic acid/magnesium works just as well. On the ACV the Braggs works the best. It is the only ACV which is unpasteurized and unfiltered so it has more malic acid in it than other brands.

#7 BelaLugosisDad

BelaLugosisDad

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:16 PM

FH, 

you are doing well. The worst part of benzo withdrawal is how tedious it is. But think of it this way, every day you shave a sliver off a pill you are here on the forum, positive, helping each and every one of us. You are consistent and a bell weather in our recovery.

My experience is, the people who help the most are those who are suffering the most.

You have helped us all and we´ll all cheer you on through the last 1%. 

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:01 AM

TX so much for the support and encouragement BLD. Certainly dealing with psych meds teaches you the meaning of slow. lol

How are you doing these days?

#9 BelaLugosisDad

BelaLugosisDad

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 12:59 PM

Not good FH, but it is nice to be back here.

I have learnt that it is impossible to describe this nightmare to anyone who has not experienced it. 

Which is why it is nice to be back here.

#10 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

Ain't that the truth, BLD ... it's a whole different dimension of life and experience that almost no one else I meet / deal with know about ... there aren't words, metaphors, analogies, anything to truly convey it ...

the hardest part of coming to this realization was that my docs /shrinks / therapists had no understanding ... in fact, I've asked all of them if they've ever had depression, or anxiety or had to get off one of these meds and had trouble .. they all have said no ... maybe they're lying, but based on the "treatment" I've gotten, I don't think so ...

This forum is the one place in the universe where I can come and be with others who understand me, and who I respect and trust to give me advice and encouragement ... and a lot of laughter and love ... it is a huge relief to be here, where I'm able to be me ....

#11 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:00 PM

...I have learnt that it is impossible to describe this nightmare to anyone who has not experienced it...

why i was just having such a conversation with someone today. they thought everyone "feels that way at some time or another" 

<sigh> 

#12 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

Well I am continuing to taper off the lorazepam. I am 22% down at this point and dropping 1% per week.

On another note. I have a nephew who has fibro and has been on apple cider vinegar (ACV) for several weeks and it has made his fibro pain much better. Both my sister-in-law and I had stomach problems from the ACV so we switched to malic acid/magnesium tablets with good success. Her fibro is much better. I am taking it for high triglycerides so I will have to wait until my next blood test. In the mean time it has almost eliminated my arthritis pain (it didn't bother me much before the malic acid but it has eliminated what pain I had.

FH, wondering here if and when you reduce at this percentage every week, do you feel side effects or is it very smooth?

Asking as I am doing the reducing also, not good on percentage here, 14 days ago went from 21mg Valium to 19mg. Stuck to it except for one day.

Now 4 days ago, from the 19 to 18.5. Felt fine those 4 days, but today is another matter.
Could be a fluke here, could this be related to the drop?

#13 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Well I just typed in my response tp you and was about to post when it disappeared. Urg!!!

First of all your drop from 21to 18 is nearly 10% and the drop from 19 to 18,5 is around 3%.

That 4th day fits in with my drops. As far as I am concerned I usually get some light digestive problems from day 3 to day 5 of the drop. I also get some minor agitation from day 4 to 6. So with you feeling off on day 4 would be right in line with that. And twice now I have gotten bigger hits, same symptoms but more intense. This lasts about 3 or 4 weeks. These symptoms are more uncomfortable but still tolerable. When they clear I do another drop.

I use the water titration method and have never had problems with spikes but it is probably my fault. It is that old friend of mine "lack of patience'.  The rule is 2% every 2 weeks and no symptoms should occur. But no I get in a hurry and cut each week. But also the 2 week rule is a general rule. God knows that lorazepam is certainly one of the tougher benzos. I would not expect those spikes with your valium.

#14 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:20 PM

FH, thank you, seems we have the same friend here. The hurried friend.

I also noticed the side effects from 21 to 19, and that on the fourth day.

Lasted a longer time, but 2 weeks after, was ready for another drop.

I will stick to the 18.5 till I have a few days break.

Hard headed here. Not in a hurry, and paradoxilly, I am.

Doc told me it can take more than a year.
Digestive issues, I can deal with that but don't have that, I wish!

I can't find a comfortable zone, and can't wait to go to bed at night.
And the fu**** is that I can't seem to unwind and do things that I enjoy.

I love to go to the montain,a few kilometers from here, and just could not today.

Different people, different symptoms.

Don't we just go haywire when we reply to a post and lose it in cyberspace!

I thank you for your response, will stay at that dose for a while and see what gives!

Love from the province of Quebec to the guy from Missouri!

#15 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:03 PM

A year is about right.

And you are right about looking forward to bedtime. With the hydroxyzine I am taking I sleep like a log.

I have total lack of interest in most anything. Tomorrow? Just another day.

I hope you are ready for the long Canadian winter!!

Your Friend

#16 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:23 PM

Tomorrow! Just another day, yup!

No, I am not ready for winter and never will be!

I hate it more than anything else, or about.

So tensed up at the moment, no, have been tensed up all day.
Shoulders way way up to my ears, tomorrow another day!

The surprise remains to be seen, good or bad, sticking with the schedule!

Lack of interest!!!!!!?????

#17 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:25 AM

Yea when I come off the benzos I go in to this state where I have no interest in any of my hobbies or other fun things. I just sort of am!!! lol

#18 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

Wish I was sort of AM.

Having a field day in highered anxiety and feeling soooo bad and panicky!

Did the same at the previous drop of 2mg and that is why I did the .5 this time.
I wish I could crawl out of my skin unfortunately I can't.
A day or two should do it.

A full afternoon of shopping with a client of mine this afternoon.
That should change the mood unless she talks and talks non stop, I will not be a good listener for sure.

And it may not be related to the drop, could still have to do with discontinuation of the shitbalta. Who knows? I just know it will pass and take the Valium one hour ahead! When in dire condition like today!

#19 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

Gail....

So sorry you're having the anxiety through the roof again -- I can understand!  It hits me like that often and whenever I get the least upset. And it's been almost 8 1/2 months off the crap!

Hang in there, girl, and take that Valium!

Hope you can have a good afternoon :)

Hugs,

Liz :hug:

#20 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

Hang in there Gail! I'm going to pin this all on the valium weaning ...

benzos are a bitch to get off of ... so don't hesitate to slow your process down even more ...and/or hold at a particular level... as I've mentioned elsewhere here, it took me 2 full years to get off the Xanax... I was working the entire time, and felt like I was reducing it by one molecule at a time just so I could "stay in my skin" and keep functioning ... 2-3 days between each reduction, sometimes longer ...

Wish I'd gone as slowly with crapalta ... but hey, then I might not have met all of you wonderful guys and gals !

#21 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:32 PM

Thanks Liz and FN for the encouragement.

You know how it is, you start feeling better after the two week reduction, I really thought the .5 reduction would be an easy one.It is a 3% reduction as FH said. Too much here.

And in ten days, reduction again. Will settle for 2%.

But of course I will have forgotten those rotten days and will want to do the 3% or 4% reduction. Tie me to a mast here, how easily we can forget!

FN, two years, that is good. As doc said it could take at least a year. At least, she said, knows more about this than shitbalta!

Liz, you get triggers and I don't. At least you can explain it!

When something upsets you, you get it. Wish I could say the neighbor got to me and that caused the anxiety!

Will let that go and opt for FN explanation, Valium tapering.

The afternoon went well, found two pair of jeans at a cheap price. And a thing to pinpoint the small characters of this tablet. Don't remember the name of this thing, just looks like a ball point pen.

All this started with FH update! Turns off like it is mine.

Like the telephone thing that begins in a way and ends up different at the end. At least,there is a similitude!

Thanks for your replies and compassion, oh and while I was waiting for my client, I saw and followed an eagle, in French pygargue a tete Blanche, I think this is the Us emblem. I think, am I right? If I am, could be a sign here from you all! FH and FN and Liz watching over me!

Delightful to look at, white tail and white head.
Sorry Liz, the cardinals have left and not heard them in the last two weeks, they must have sensed the f**** winter coming.

#22 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:48 PM

You are right Liz. It is our national bird. Regal looking and lives as a thief, stealing fish from other birds. They will be down here in Missouri in about 8 weeks. They over winter here.

#23 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

Gail....

From what I just read today, Cardinals don't migrate -  or so says a link I have been trying to copy and paste regarding the Cardinals but it won't work as my damn computer is having issues at the moment.  Perhaps FN can send it to you!  Amazing info about all the things they mean and stand for... :D

I don't always get a trigger for the anxiety - sometimes it just shows up and drives me nuts!!

Hugs,

Liz  :hug:

#24 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Gail, here's the link TFL just mentioned .... http://www.thecardin...com/symbols.php

#25 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Thanks, FN....

I really can at least Cut and Paste ( one of the few things I know how to do ) but my stupid computer (or is it the operator??) wouldn't help me out! :D :lol:

#26 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:34 AM

Thanks for the link.

Never saw a cardinal in winter here, will watch closely, but in the last few weeks, no sight of them!

#27 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:21 AM

My Peterson guide to the birds says that the permanent range of the Cardinal extends to thte US Canadian border but that Cardinals are a frequent visitor to southern Canada during summer.

#28 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 08:49 AM

Sorry....I'll blame the info in the link! :P

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,868 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:29 AM

I am sorry TFL. I feel like I was picking on you. I didn't mean it that way. I was just sharing info from another source. My Bad!

#30 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:37 AM

Not a problem FH... :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users