#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:35 AM

I have attached a few of the research articles on that subject. But primarily the center on Cymbalta's interaction with spinal 5-HT2A or α2-noradrenergic receptors. The 5HT2A receptors are regulated by serotonin and the α2-noradrenergic receptors are regulated by noradrenaline. Because Cymbalta helps control both serotonin and noradrenaline it is logical that it would markedly relieve pain systemically. The problem is once the Cymbalta is removed from the spinal cord and other nerves the body has to relearn how to control its own serotonin and noradrenaline. Until then the nerves are susceptible to many other neuroreceptors.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...les/PMC3171868/

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25154730

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/24686187

•  

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:55 AM

Thanks for starting this thread ... About to get a fresh cup of coffee and do some reading!

As I'm plowing through research materials for my part time gig for the PhD student, I'll keep my eyes peeled for additional items to add here.

#3 lady2882Nancy

lady2882Nancy

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,271 posts
  • LocationSaskatchewan, Canada
  • why_joining:
    I need help and I know I will feel better if I can offer help to others

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:42 AM

Cymbalta never did do anything for my pain which is the reason I was put on it or at least that is what the idiot doctor I had at the time said I was put on it for.

I really don't believe anything much that he said to me now.

#4 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

Hi LadyNancy! How are you feeling? You sounded like you'd hit a rough patch a couple of weeks ago ... :)

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Yea research says in general Cymbalta is only effective for pain management about half the time.

Lady Nancy - Good to hear from you, I surely miss you around here.

Wishing you the best.

#6 Vision

Vision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

Yess I agree about the pain management for things like Fybromyalgia. I still had pain and had to deal with it.

What did make the difference tho was that I was on it long enough that it altered my brain in whatever way it does.

My *give a damn* was busted  

What I find now is that the pain is still there strong as ever but I'm not able to manage it as well as pre cymbalta days. I imagine part is due to still withdrawing and healing.

I'm extremely tempted to go back on it. But I wont!!! 

The mess its left me to clean up of my life and health aids as a constant moment to moment reminder not to reach for the pills.

I'm pretty sure I'm depressed what they call (clinical) and the LAST place I'm going is to the doctor or a pharmacist. There are plenty of moments that I mull over the benefits of the "S" word.  

I keep checking back here to see how everyone is doing and remind myself that I have the ability to heal from this. 

Thanks to all who share from the heart to help others. 

#7 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:46 PM

Vision, do not follow through on the "S" word! Have you read/posted in the thread that ThisMoment started "Let's talk about suicide" ? A lot of us here have had similar thoughts ... passing "fancies" ... and there are a lot of comments and wisdom there ... here's the link ...

https://www.cymbalta... +talk +suicide

#8 Vision

Vision

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Thank you Five Notions.  

That hit the spot!!!!!!!  

:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users