• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 coolmimi

coolmimi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Ihave taken cymbalta and now the withdrawals are making me crazy, I wouln`t really sure what was wrong with me until i looked it up on the web,

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:34 AM

I am so glad to see this web site ,b/c I really thought i was going crazy .I thought I had a brain tumor or some other health condition going on. I was not on it but a couple of months . , I started on 60 mg. ,but after being on it for a couple of months ,I started having bad dizziness spells and electrical charges going through my brain , well I figured it was not agreeing with me so I told my Dr. about how I was feeling and He had me go down to 30 mg a day, and I was to gradually get off of them I took one every other day , then every 3 days until i finished about a wek and a half ago. I have never felt so bad in my life . I cry a lot, I stay so dizzy and the electrical charges are going through my brain as we speak. I`m nausauated., I don`t feel like doing anything. I think I`m gonna have to take a leave from work , b/ c I cannot function like this. It really helped me feel better to know this was not all in my head ., and that ther are many more people experincing the same thing. i work in the medical field and I can`t believe the FDA would ever approve meds. like this. You know that have to test this stuff, at least you hope they do. When I get better I will NEVER take another drug like this again. I will certainly do research on it before I take anything again.

#2 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:06 AM

I have been on cymbalta for 4 months at 60mg and just started my last pills. I was initially put on this drug for menopause symptoms, hot flashes and anxiety. After the 1st month on this drug I was diagonised with hypothryoidism, so it was not memopause after all. I was recommended to stay on it until my thyroid levels got back to normal. I have to say I did feel better but I am not sure if it was from the cymbalta or from the thyroid medicine. I am a person that rarely will take any kind of drug and take supplements daily. Coral Calcium, Vit. D, coq10, B12liquid shots under the tongue, krill oil, salba oil etc.... Every 6 weeks I go for blood work and they continue to increase my thyroid medicine. Since it is slowly but surely coming down I ask to be taken off of cymbalta. I ask if I would have withdraw symptoms (since researching it on the internet) and was told by weaning I should not have. Last week I was prescribed 30mg instead of 60mg. I took 30mg for 5 days then skipped yesterday and started again today...so everyother day for 5 more days, then every 2 days for 5 days and every 3 days until gone. I was told this would eliminate any adverse side effects. After going on cymbalta I noticed my ears were bothering me and when I would lay down I would have this roaring, zipping sound going back and forth in my head from ear to ear. I was told I had fluid in my ears so I started taking an antihistamine to clear it up. Now, for almost 10 weeks I have this zipping sound when I lay down and still have fluid in my ears. From the 1st week of taking this drug I have been so foggy in the head I can not remember anything. 5 days with a lower dose and missing a dose yesterday I can not believe how I feel. I have this overwhelming feeling of crying, crazy zipping in my head, dizzy feeling, headaches, eyes feel cloudy, nauseated, can't sleep and when I do, I have the most vivid scary dreams which wake me back up. This weaning is it going to work? I am so sick to my stomach right now and have a headache again. I can't take benadyrl it makes my heart race. I can't focus at work for the fogginess..I am trying not to panic and take deep breaths to calm myself. I don't even feel like I am in my own body and I haven't even stopped this stuff yet. I can not believe I did not check this drug out before I started taking it, I was so desperate for relief at the time and was told how great it was, I just said ok, I will take it. I am miserable, yesterday I blew up on my father and my husband over nothing and when I laid down for bed last night for know reason just started crying....How long will this last. Please tell me it will stop....This drug should not be allowed on the market....desperate for answers....

#3 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 10 August 2009 - 07:59 AM

whathaveIdone:

Argh, this every other day thing that the MD's thinks works for cymbalta withdrawal, just doesn't seem to work for some of us based on the writings of forum members here and another forum I visit. It's like one goes through withdrawal every other day or every three days. It's brutal. If I were to withdraw again, just my opinion, I would ask for the lowest dose possible to start, which I think is 20mg. I would go to that dose from 30 mg and stay there until my brain and body adjusted.

From there, there are two methods forum members have had some success with. One is to take the 20mg capsules and have smaller doses made so they can wean off lower and lower doses. Others have had success with coming off Cymbalta by taking another antidepressant that has a longer half life, like Prozac, for two weeks to two months.

Talk these options over with your MD. Let your Doctor know how sick and emotional you are trying to withdraw this way. Based on the posters here, you are not alone. I'm so sorry this is happening to you.

Best wishes...Houdi

#4 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to join for I have been on Cymbalta for 4 months and am weaning off of it now.

Posted 11 August 2009 - 04:08 PM

Thanks Houdi, today is my second day of skipping my dose...and again by afternoon I have been dizzy, sick to my stomach and dreading sleeping tonight for fear of the zipping back and forth from ear to ear and the dreams.....yikes....If I get the 20 mg....how do I get it mixed into smaller doses made from capsules.....I would do anything to make it easier....except there is no way I will switch to another pill......no way......I never was depressed....I was suffering from anxiety being told it was perimenopausal....then to find out I am no where near that and it was my thyroid.....not sure I would believe anything they say now.....I don't think they know their selves.....I will get through this and will never forget it....It makes me understand others that have different addictions and how hard it must be for them to cope and get through the pain.....a valuable lesson I have learned....would appreciate your help on the dosage thing.... Lilly and the FDA should be ashamed of theirselves the drug companies are not the only ones that should be held responsible the FDA should be too.....thanks...

#5 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 August 2009 - 04:16 PM

Well an update...60mg 4 months, 30mg 5 days 30mg everyother day for 5 pills, every 2 days 30mg for 3 pills, every 3 days 30mg for 2 pills, 20mg for four days 2 pills and today I opened up a 20mg capsule, actually counted the little balls and there were 180 that is how desperate I was this morning not wanting to put another one of these pills in my body, I cry everytime I swallow it..this stuff is poison...but I did and fixed 2 capsules for 10mg will wait another 4 days and take the other 10mg, I am going to cut the 90 in half and take 5 mg every 4 days for 2 pills and if I have to, I will cut it down to 2.5 and repeat....My biggest complaint now is the extreme head, neck and shoulder pain....along with the zaps (mostly at night when I lay down), the inability to get a full nights sleep. I have trouble staying asleep for I am awakened by night mares or head and shoulder pain. The dizziness has not lessened much as I have tapered, nausea, so hateful it is embarassing.....I turn my head and it is as if my eyes don't move with my head.....it makes me so sick and off balance....I am taking good supplements and krill oil....but I was taking that long before I was put on this crap....I have been having reflexology done the last 2 Mondays and can not believe the areas that are soar in my feet that relates to my symptoms.....I try not to worry to much about what I am going through or I get really scared that something really bad is wrong with me...I am determined to get off of this poison and refuse to cross wean onto another pill that could possibly be just as bad or more harmful...I am so angry at the makers of Cymbalta and the FDA for approving this crap....and can not believe this pill has not been taken off the market....I will get off of this and I hope and pray there are no long term side effects (according to Eli LIlly, Dr's, Pharmacist, there are no known long term effects and they don't seem to think there are withdraw symptoms as long as you wean off of it) I pray for all of you on here that have been effected by this drug....I will give the weaning another couple of weeks until I get down to 2.5mg and I am done. I will suffer through any other symptoms with out continuing to take little doses.....I look at that bottle and look at those pills and I can not keep from crying.....whathaveIdone...

#6 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a member that you have knock off 3 times. I have withdrawn from Cymbalta and supported forum members that are in withdrawal. Find my old posts. I have pleaded with you to clean up this forum, and my thanks is you erasing me....three times! Thanks a lot! I come back here to pay forward what others did for me. You are quite disrespectful to the members of your forum that support others while you let the spammers take over! Shame on you after you started this for a good reason. Is it money now?

Posted 28 August 2009 - 06:07 AM

whathaveIdone:

You are doing great. You are in tune to your body; you have a plan and you are working it. Good for you. If you get too sick, slow down a little on the weaning. I know that you do not want to take this any longer than you have to, but you will feel better sooner if you let your brain and therefore your body adjust.

I look forward to hearing about your continued success.....yes, you are a success!!!! Houdi

#7 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 August 2009 - 01:55 PM

Well today has been 4 days since I have had my 10mg (90 little freaking beads) I separated from my 20mg...was going to take another 10mg tomorrow but I feel like I may take half of that 5mg and let that be it, will have to see how I do......I am going to a naturopathic dr., she has been doing reflexology on my hands and feet...plus galvanic skin reponse (ZYTO) look it up.....this is amazing for as it has scanned my body it has showed my thyroid imbalance (which I just found out 4 months ago and that is when I started the Cymbalta). We did a balancing today on Cymbalta medication. My levels were much lower this week than last week.....My biggest problem now is the headaches....insomina, and the crazy bizarre dreams that of course wake me and I end up having trouble sleeping again, my neck and shoulders are so bad I have had to take Advil and Flexril....I hate taking medications of any kind but had too....the buzzing is still there but this week-end has not been as bad....the dizziness has slowed a little....I am drinking as much spring water as I can possible drink and loading up on my supplements....I do think my krill oil is helping...I also started taking chlorella which is known to help detox the body.....I have not forgiven myself for taking this drug.....but I am working on that too. My biggest concern is what is this drug going to do to me in the long run....since Eli Lilly doesn't know the long term side effects.....What can we do to stop this drug from being made? Should I write to the company and express my symptoms to them? Have any of you done this and does it really do any good? Please pray for me as I will for all of you. I am hoping to make this week my last pill....

#8 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:56 AM

Your story on this drug sounds like my own words, but my mind is to messed up to put itthe great.I am still doing a slow wean, and have gotten it down to a 20 mg cap, and about 5-7 mg.All the withdrawl symptoms are a litle worse now, as it's only been a few day on this doseand I am in fear, and feel like I am going back wards.Your doing great, we will make it off this stuff, amd find who we are off it.Love,Debbie

#9 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:12 PM

hey everyone, well I failed....I really thought yesterday would be my last day...but in bed last night the zapping, zipping and sloshing sound was back....started everytime I would roll over...I made it without for 5 days...my neck and shoulder is really hurting....so this morning at my attempt to not take anymore, reality said, you are still having weaning withdraw......so I attempted to cut my 20mg already cut to 10mg down one more time and made a 5mg.... I am poisoning myself everytime I swallow one...but with the side effects, I felt the need to take it, especially after getting no sleep again... within an hour after taking the pill I started feeling nauseaed and dizzy...I am eating like I have never had food before.....nothing satisfies me...I again am feeling frustrated and angry. I will attempt again to go 6 days this time and hopefully it will be done, if not I will attempt to cut the capsule even more....please keep praying for me...my prayers are with all of you....PLEASE ELI LILLY TAKE CYMBALTA GO OFF THE MARKET it is not always about the money you are making people sick with this drug.....I had a lady tell me today her friend was on cymbalta and it was really, really helping her....my remark was God bless her and if she ever comes off of it I pray she doesn't go through what I am going through....so being sleep deprieved and trying to get my neck and shoulder to relax again, I will face another night of trying to get the rest I need...This will stop so I will hold my head up, stay strong, try not to stress over the side effects or the long term effects....Faith will get me through this....good luck everyone...

#10 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

whathaveIdone:
OMG YOU HAVE NOT FAILED!!! DAMN YOU, YOU ARE DOING WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO TO SURVIVE THIS! So I'm not really 'yelling' at you but you must not feel like a failure. This is hard, its has nothing to do with will power. This withdrawal makes you sick....physically and mentally sick. You feel sick, you are sick. OK, I done with that. But please, wean easy, slow and adjust. Or, you may need to explore with MD the Prozac option to help get through. That is not a failure either. It has made this easier and shorter for many forum members. You will get to the ultimate finish line, doesn't matter how you got there!

Please don't see being good to yourself as a failure...please? Keep that faith you write about and it will carry you to the finish line. All my best wishes...Houdi

#11 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:22 PM

OK...Houdi, you slapped me in the face and brought me out of my pity self.....it is frustrating to have been weaning off of this crap for over a month...I will survive..I have a very strong will and the sad thing is, I was put on this stuff not for depression but because I was having some mild anxiety....and finding out it was my thryroid after the fact... it pisses me off....as far as an option to go on another antidepressant, that maybe a good option for others but not for me....I will continue my weaning as long as I need, I guess I got excited thinking my symptoms were leaving and I was ready to stop....but the dang zapping started last night and it had been very minimal the last 5 days....of course, I haven't slept much so maybe it was there and I just didn't notice....I usually only have it at night when I roll over in bed....I will continue to keep my journel and reflect on what I have already gone through and where I am now....I do see it happening less and less....I appreciate your words Houdi, I really do....and I will not use the word failure again....Positive thinking needs to be in all our thoughts and that will help us all...the self pity entered because I wanted to be done with it....but I saw what I needed to do and although I didn't want to take the crap I knew I needed to continue my weaning....and the doc's say give it a couple of weeks and you will be ok....screw them too.....THEY HAVE NO IDEA....

#12 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:53 PM

I don't know whether you are aware of this...but for most of us the withdrawal symptoms don't really start until @Day 4. That would explain why you are ok for the first fews days.

#13 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:00 AM

whathaveIdone:

You noted that you believe the anxiety that you experienced and was treated with Cymbalta for was from a thyroid condition. I don't remember if I have told you that I had a hyperactive thyroid treated over 18 years ago. The treatment was ingesting radioactive iodine to 'scar' my very busy thyroid. Well, after 13 long weeks of an even more hyperactive thyroid, I completely lost all natural thyroid function. So, now I'm diagnosed as hypothyroidism and take synthroid daily. My dose has been stable for all these years. Well, during Cymbalta withdrawal my thyroid hormone levels fluctuated WILDLY. So did my female hormone levels...swell. I had to have a thyroid hormone test every 6 weeks or so and my poor Doc couldn't get it right. I mean huge swings, not anything she had ever seen before. So, I asked her to do this, put me back on my 'old normal' level and wait. It takes hormones a long while to adjust, so I felt we needed to wait...6 months or more to let my poor hormonal levels balance out.

For those of you that don't know about thyroid issues an over active thyroid can cause some very familiar side-effects: heart palpitations, hot flashes, sweating, anxiety, sleeplessness, shaking, diarrhea, bone loss, etc. And an underactive thyroid can cause: tiredness, depression, dry flaky skin, hair loss, feeling cold, weight gain, constipation, etc. Add female hormonal swings and Cymbalta and you can not tell what is what....way too familiar!

When I started feeling better during my withdrawal and then took a backslide, I was crushed. I was so negatively affected! My 'friends' here were doing so well and dog gone it, I felt crappy AGAIN! Believe me, I remember all too well my withdrawal....it is why I try to help out here. Although I must say, there is a great plethora of new members here doing a great job of supporting each other. I cannot tell you how awesome it is how well everyone on this forum is doing! It has made a come back...finally.

Best to all ..... Houdi

#14 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:32 AM

This site is helping get me through this....if I had not found this place I believe I would have thought I was dying from some unknown disease in my head....it has been scary but this site really has helped me so much....God Bless all of you for your support and bless you for going through such a horrible ordeal with this drug....we will get through this...and Houdi, you help all of us by staying on this site.....we know we can get through this because you did.....Thank you so much...

#15 kario

kario

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • why_joining:
    I had a rather successful 3 years on Cymbalta and am now trying to wean off of it and wanted to share my experience as well as get information from others.

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:06 AM

For people who are still on a low dose (20mg), you can do an internet search on how to make a homeopathic remedy and use those instructions to gradually wean yourself to lower and lower doses. My naturopath recommended it for me, but since I was on day 6 of not having taken any, I was loathe to put anymore in my body. If someone tries this, let me know how it works. So far, the last two days have been the worst with the brain fog and electrical fingertips, but I'm meditating and thinking positively. Good luck everyone!

#16 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

today, I have felt like I was on speed all day long......wound up and not sure why....this one is a new one for me....still have pain in my neck and shoulders and actually am feeling stiff all over like I have been run over by a truck. I took the 5 mg yesterday with dizziness and nausea in the morning hours...by afternoon I was so hungry I could not get enough to eat, before my symptoms were not wanting to eat...now it is just the opposite. The zapping last night in bed and waking to a dull headache, neck and shoulder pain...and this evening the truck hit me...this stuff is nuts...but the one thing I can say I have back more than anything is my thinking, I could not remember anything I stayed in a fog the whole time I was on this stuff. Will keep thinking positive thoughts and how much better I will be in another week or so.......HEY, did anyone see the news about pfizer........2.5 billion dollar fine............NOW THEY NEED TO GET ELI LILLY........dr.'s should be ashamed of theirselves for allowing a drug company to wine and dine them so they will write their prescriptions shame on them and their oath they take to up hold their work....LET'S GET THEM ALL........YEAH...........

#17 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am reallly trying to get off Cymbalta, and not having, well I am having nightmares even with the decreased does, and clanging in my head.

I just found this site, and I really need help, I can't do this, I fear I willl never get off this brutal medication.

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:45 AM

Your not a failure,neitheram I as I had to go back up a little.

I had decreased way to soon, and a larger amount than I had thought!
I feel back at the place when I was on the full dose. I have to as do we
all go at what works for us!!

No one else has to suffer our withdrawls, and we are only here to be of
support.

Be gentle, and loving to your self, I am so crazy right now I want anything
that will stop all of this, it just takes time and again if you have to go down 6
beads every 2 weeks so that your not going through what you are it''s worth it.

There is no race in geting off this. For me I can't tell right now between
withdrawls, and how it was being on it for over 3 1/2 years. I just keep
posting getting help from the oldtimers, and reading the very long list
of withdrawls as http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

Goodluck,
Debbie

#18 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:26 PM

Update, it has now been 4 days without 5mg of Cymbalta, I have had crazy things going on inside of me for the last 4 days but I feel this is it.....As of last tuesday, I am not taking anymore pills...I weaned myself down to 5mg and even though I still have symptoms, it just feels like the right time to stop....I had a nurse tell me today, if you need to take a few days off work then do it to help get over the hump....I have continued to work through this whole withdrawal, I have left work some days early because I couldn't take being around so many people.....but today, this is the way I feel.....yeah, I still have the zaps and all the other stuff I have mentioned and I pray I can stay with my decision. Everyone weaning, take your time it has taken me over a month to wean....and every day I have had symptoms, some days worse than others.....but you can do it and so can I.......This has been one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through....I am taking high dosages of my supplements for the next week or so and drinking lots and lots of water...I feel it is helping to cleanse my system...I will continue to post and read others post, is has been a God send to me....If I had not found this site, I really think I would have thought I was going to die, for the withdraw symptoms are really scary and can easily make you think something really bad is wrong with you...My prayer now is that there are no long term damages from taking cymbalta......wish me luck and I wish all of you the same.....

#19 Houdi

Houdi

Great Friend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:35 PM

whathaveIdone:

YeeeeHaww!

Houdi :)

#20 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 07 September 2009 - 05:48 AM

That's incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did it!!!!!

Debbie
Prayers for you!

#21 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 September 2009 - 04:43 PM

Day 7 without cymbalta.....haven't had any dizziness, nausea or the foggy brain....I still have the zaps when I lay down at nite and have had some mild headache but nothing like before.....sleeping better but still waking up with crazy dreams but they are not quite as bizarre as before or as often. I have more energy but have lots of muscle pain and stiffness all over....will be having my thyroid checked in 2 weeks, will be curious if my levels have come down any since the weaning....the whole time I have been on cymbalta my thyroid levels have moved down less than 2 points in a 5 months of treatment...(for those of you who do not know, I was put on cymbalta for perimenopausal symptoms and one month later found I was not perimenopausal but had hypothyroidism ) I have a strong appetite and am staying hungry for some reason.....gained 5 pounds in the last week.....Let's hope and pray there are not going to be long term side effects that are unknown, lord knows Eli Lilly would not let anyone know this stuff or NO ONE would take this crap. Anyway, I am continuing my supplements and lots of water along with my alternative treatments as I have mentioned before. I hope this will help some of you weaning off and thank you to all of you who have helped me keep my sanity for fear that I was not going to make it through this or had some deadly disease, not having these symptoms before taking cymbalta and then having them after and weaning would make anyone scared that something really bad is wrong with you. This symptoms are REAL, they are SCARY, the system doesn't even know what it does (or at least they say they don't). Stay strong, patient and positive...give yourself time....it won't be easy but you can do it and do it in your own time....will be checking back in as my days add up...

#22 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 09 September 2009 - 05:18 AM

Good for you, and glad your doing so much better. I really didn't get the worst of it until after several days. I was about where you were on day 6, but then it started to get reaaly horrible.

That's not to say this will happen to you, we are alll different. It just worked out that way for me.

I hope you keeep having smooth sailing while your getting ogg this noxious stuff.
Are you still on it or did you stop cold turkey?

Debbie

#23 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 September 2009 - 02:05 PM

nursedebbie, I was feeling so euphoric last night my symptoms had been mild, still had them but they were mild to say the least......and boom...........last night is one of the roughest nights I have had, the zaps, dreams, strange knee pain and the neck and shoulders waked me up at 2am and I had to take motrin....and put moist heat on my neck and shoulders...headache came back full blast..and crying uncontrollable....I went to my chiropractor today....hadn't been forever....and had my shoulder and neck worked on..going back tomorrow and Friday.....it is surprising that he and his office were aware of the withdraw symptoms of cymbalta but my dr's office, my pharmacy and eli lilly aren't aware.....AMAZING...

#24 mannymac

mannymac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    Crazy withdrawls and sick of it.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

So I have been on Cymbalta for about a year now, generally used for slight anxiety and ocd. It seemed to help, however being the procrastinator that I am and knowing that my prescription was about out, and well other things in life took over, plus insurance started changing and I couldn't get a refill without paying the entire full uninsured amount, which I could not afford. So I figured a couple of weeks wouldn't be too bad....WOW was I wrong. I e-mailed my doc asap since I am out of whack. I can't concentrate, I am getting these jolts throughout my entire body all day, and these so called brain zaps. This has been my 4th or 5th day off of Cymbalta 60mg a day just cold turkey. I am trying to get in contact with my doc asap to see if he has any free samples I can take while my insurance gets things worked out, but this is TERRIBLE. While I was on it everyday, I was fine. I didn't seem to really have any side effects, however these withdrawls are just plain crazy. IS THERE ANYONE THAT KNOWS ANYTHING THAT CAN HELP GET THROUGH THIS CRAP UNTIL MY DOC EITHER GETS ME SOME MORE CYMBALTA TO CALM THESE WITHDRAWLS DOWN OR GETS ME SOMETHING DIFFERENT WHILE MY INSURANCE SCREWS WITH ME. PLEASE!!!! ANY HELP?

#25 Junior

Junior

Like a Family Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia
  • why_joining:
    I am a sufferer of depression and GAD.

Posted 17 September 2009 - 04:47 PM

Hi Manny. Sorry to hear of the trouble you are having. I believe large doses of fish oil are good for the brain zaps.

#26 whathaveIdone

whathaveIdone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

Hey everyone, 2 1/2 weeks without this dope and it has been really hard.....the symptoms were better one day and worse the next...this past week I have been seeing my chiropractor and getting some work done around my head for the zapping....and extreme muscle pain.....if u didn't have muscle pain before u sure will have it after u start coming off of it....I still have it, most of the other symptoms have stopped....they are also doing accupuncture to ease some of my withdraw.....I am still taking loads of supplements and lots of krill oil......lots of water......so for all of you just starting this withdraw, try to stay patient for it is hell but it slowly gets better. I am headed for my 3rd week off and have my mind back, no more foggy thinking....and even though I still have some of the side effects I pray they will leave in due time.....NEVER again will I ever take another drug like this...good luck...don't give up...

#27 Suffering

Suffering

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • why_joining:
    I am suffering from withdrawals of cymbalta

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

Please tell me that these withdrawal side effects will end. Someone please! This is my 4th week. Can any one out there tell me when this will end. I was taking 60 mg for 2 years and starting having side effects prior to getting off the medication-Night sweats, fatigue. Then I got off and the side effects got worse. I have the brain zaps. It feels like my sinuses are opening up. My lips have broken out like fever blisters. I have no energy, no zest for anything. I feel awful. Crying jags. Irritable. I've been taking lexapro for the last week. Dr said these side effects could last 6 weeks.

#28 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

Please tell me that these withdrawal side effects will end. Someone please! This is my 4th week. Can any one out there tell me when this will end. I was taking 60 mg for 2 years and starting having side effects prior to getting off the medication-Night sweats, fatigue. Then I got off and the side effects got worse. I have the brain zaps. It feels like my sinuses are opening up. My lips have broken out like fever blisters. I have no energy, no zest for anything. I feel awful. Crying jags. Irritable. I've been taking lexapro for the last week. Dr said these side effects could last 6 weeks.

Suffering,
Did you just stop your Cymbalta cold turkey after taking it for 2 years? Or did you taper off of it?
Cold turkey is not the way to go, even the bottle tells you that. None of us here like the drug, and
we all want off of it, but thanks to this place have found a way to slowly taper ourselves off this
med, and do it to where you have the least amount of withdrawl symptoms.

I was also on the same dose from 3/07-8/31/09. I also was really out of it, and so didn't keep a
real good record of how long I stayed on each dose. So I ended up coming down faster than I
realized until just the otherday as I am really clearer than I was. I also had to start the
Prozac as my withdrawl symptoms were just brutal.

Everything you said sound just like what we all have had, or I should say I have heard all of them,
and even had them myself, plus many more.

Here is a great site that lets you know all that your going through is just withdrawls. That does not mean
that certain things shoukd not be checked out by your doctor. Just as a suggestion.

Please read several posts, and see how other's are getting off this, or just ask specific questions!!!
We all had to do the same, and I still do.

Good Luck, we are all here to support you!

Debbie
http://prozactruth.com/cymbalta.htm

#29 brainslosh35

brainslosh35

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • why_joining:
    help with cymbalta withdraw

Posted 22 November 2009 - 06:32 AM

how long will the symptoms last. i feel the brain sloshing is so bad i want to take the pills to get rid of it. i feel crazy and needing to be focused for the holiday and just to run a household seems impossoble. will i ever be cymbalta withdraw free!!!

#30 nursedeborah

nursedeborah

God-like

• Members
  • 1,015 posts
  • why_joining:

Deboreah Wesson

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:46 PM

how long will the symptoms last. i feel the brain sloshing is so bad i want to take the pills to get rid of it. i feel crazy and needing to be focused for the holiday and just to run a household seems impossoble. will i ever be cymbalta withdraw free!!!

brainslosh35,
You not alone in how your feeling. I have not left the house in like 4 days.
I too just feel plain crazy, but learned so very much here, like it's just the
med talking. I know that does not help when you can't do anything at all.

I am even taking the prozac, and now feel like it's not helping either. I
also have to stop telling myself I hate the holidays!!!

Take care it does get better, oh how much were you on, how long, and
how did you come off. That does play a big factor as well.

Making it together,
Debbie

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users