13136 replies to this topic

#10171 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hope for the best

Since I'm so far away from the USA, I'm really ignorant. So Liz, how's today? Are you expecting something worse?

Will update my condition tomorrow, after I see the Oncologist. But today is a good day!

#10172 Merete

Merete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Best wishes

#10173 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

wishes galore

Welcome to the game Merete.

#10174 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Galore snore...

I'm home from Dallas, got home yesterday. I need a nap. My condo is fine, no damage. Just have a lot of trees down.

How is everyone here?

#10175 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

snore alot

Fine here in Missouri. Glad your place is alright. Welcome back. You were missed.

#10176 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

alot to do (okay its three words, but alot is actually two words: a lot)

there is a lot to do. hurricane irma flooded our property 100% almost knee deep.house is on blocks so water didn't get inside - but close. we had to "flee" got both suv's off property with essential valuables and went to my sister's 30 minutes away - in 40 mph winds and driving rain. it was scary driving through all that water down our 500 ft driveway but we made it out. the eye didn't pass thru for another 10 hours. our rental property didn't fair so well. 2" of water inside when we got back the next day. we have flood insurance -yes! dryers already installed and running and drywall removed 2' up through out the entire house no mold. renters had to relocate but they feel bad for us - were't upset at all. they have relatives and it was short term anyway, lease ends oct 9th. they had few belongings as we furnish the house . adjuster comes out monday. we'll know more then. our 3rd car - a sedan we left behind, was also flooded. just the floors not the engine. drying it out now, shoved pvc pipes up under the carpets to get air under there and have a dehumidifier cranked out.  

and now tropical storm maria is headed up the same path irma took. 

<sigh>

i am concerned about TFL. the fury of the storm passed right through the county where she lives. has she PM'd anyone since Sept 11th?

#10177 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

lot sold

Actually Brz, I cheated on that entry "snore alot' because I couldn't seem to come up with anything else.  lol.

I heard from TFL on the 9th that she was going to stick it out but haven't heard anything else since. I am also concerned but I heard there are still over 100,000 without power. I hope that is all there is to it.

Maria? Tough luck. Hang in there. I am glad that all we have in Missouri is tornados.  lol

#10178 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

sold house

i wish i could sell both of these! i want out! wanted to head back to the mountains for good. every region has its weather challenges but i'll take the cold and snow and ice storms over rising water ay day. our place up there is high and dry!

i just checked and it looks like there are only 8% of homes without power inTFL's county. perhaps she is one, or she still has a lot to do before checking in with the forum. after a hurricane everyone has a lot to do. I also determined the damage where she lives was less severe than anticipated and all in all they fared well where she is. fingers crossed.

#10179 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

House condo

I live in a condo in Miami, it's newer (2008) and was built to newer hurricane standards so it wasn't damaged. I'm happy about that!

brzghoff, where in Florida are you? Sorry about your flooding. :(

#10180 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:45 AM

Condo for sale

Liz wrote a post day before yesterday, she is probably okay. I sure hope so. Liz, if you read this, I have been home since the 6th of July.

Brz, move up to Canada. You will hate our winters, as we all do. Unless you love winter sports. Glad that you're almost okay.

Kathleen, all is good for you, thank God!

And Fishingbrain, you and I are the lucky ones, not living in fear as Maria is dancing around.

What happened with the J the K and the L ? Jumping straight from Irma to Maria. Unless I missed something? And what do you think about Nibiru hitting Earth tomorrow?

#10181 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 September 2017 - 11:16 AM

sale price

Hi Gail.  The odds of Nibiru hitting tomorrow is about the same as me winning the lottery if I don ;t buy any tickets.  :lol:

#10182 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 03:57 PM

price war

The Nibiru story is well-represented in the movie 'Melancholia', a dark (yet compelling) drama.

MELANCHOLIA

Dir/writer: Lars von Trier

Stars: Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland

#10183 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:39 PM

war monger

Hello TM.

#10184 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 September 2017 - 06:28 PM

Monger Miami (Monger is a restaurant in Miami)

Gail, J = Jose

K = Katia (I don't remember her)

L = Tropical Storm Lee

#10185 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 10:36 PM

Miami Vice

Hi fishinghat! I read through some of your generous, scholarly, and wonderfully compassionate posts-- you're amazing! Thanks again my friend.

#10186 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2017 - 08:03 AM

Vice Versa

Tough one here.

Thanks TM. You are also a gem to have back. You are so articulate and put emotional factors in such clear perspective. Plus you type better than I do. I make too many typos.  lol

#10187 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

Versa vice

So happy to see all of you back - I have missed everyone! :)

We were out of power for 5 days - uggh - and my beautiful Plumeria tree was uprooted.  House is fine - make of cement blocks and real plaster (back in 1957)  My yard person has now replanted the tree twice and it looks like it will make it but it is only 1/3 of what it was...Have been planting  branches all over but afraid if I don't stop I will have a forest!

brz, I am so sorry about all of the water and terrible issues you have gone through - I love NC too and will also take the snow and cold over this killing heat and hurricanes :angry: .. I have had heat exhaustion and am staying out of the sun - next comes heat stroke and 'no thanks' to that!

I have not been feeling well at all today and have decided to watch the Cubs in my pajamas :P  I wonder if all of the heat is what is killing me...

Was great to have Craig here for about 3 1/2 days (from San Diego) - he sure worked hard cleaning up the yards and fixing a number of things here - this house is so old and there is always something to be fixed :(

Have a great weekend if you can, everyone - I have missed you all so much - so many days w/o communication :hug:   

#10188 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:06 PM

PS  Craig is starting a new company called 312Tees.  It is on FB if anyone cares to check it out!  Only Chicago sports tees  :D

#10189 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2017 - 01:13 PM

vice president

It is good to have our Liz back.

#10190 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 25 September 2017 - 12:52 PM

President Fishinghat

Oh Liz, did I ever miss you. Happy to see that Craig was with you.

Heat and humidity is still going on here, unbearable! 40 Celsius with humidity. Fishingbrain may be able to convert this to Farenheit.

Note to you Einstein, the doctor called me to say that I was to late for the clinical trial of Atezolizumab. They count the time from the surgery date to the request date.

So the request for Sutent was made to the RAMQ. This is the medical department of Quebec province. Should have an answer within two weeks. Still on 5mg of hydromorphone daily, funny thing, the pain starts every day around 11am. Then I'm okay till the next day. And still walking with a cane, it secures me. Love you!

#10191 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:16 PM

fishinghat dirty

40C  = 104F

You can fry an egg on the side walk. It is around 89F here every day and usually this time of year we run around 75F with 2 weeks to the first frost. I am thinking not this year.

Hang in there Gail and Liz. Both of you deserve all the good times you can have.

#10192 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:56 PM

dirty dancing

Glad to hear you are okay Liz! That was quite a storm!

#10193 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:36 PM

dancing bear

Hi everybody!

@TFL - you're safe and sound! i thought about you a lot the night of Sept 10. very scary.

@KathyinFL - i'm in central florida northeast of Orlando, i live in an area heavily influenced by the st john's river and its tributaries.

@Gail - you know i love canada and i do love winter sports - but not a lot of mountains to ski in quebec. some, i know, but the best are out west -  like whistler in BC. i should take up cross country but love the downhill/alpine style. 

@thismoment - i loved melancholia! most folks i know hated it. the film was absurd, but beautiful.

@fishinghat - i noticed its been crazy hot in the midwest. i t was hotter in chicago on friday than it was in orlando

#10194 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 26 September 2017 - 01:25 PM

bear tracks

brz-- yes, I loved Melancholia!

And I agree, most of the people I know who saw it didn't really like it.

I understand how total emotional detachment might emerge in the mind state of obvious impending doom.

#10195 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:24 PM

tracks spotted

Thanks so much for all of your nice words, friends! :) 

I am totally out of all, apparently, cuz I have no idea what y'all are talking about !!! :(

#10196 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:12 AM

Spotted dogs

Hi Liz! That's ok, we all have moments where our mind gets lost! Fishinghat is a good example!

As for myself, and this is true, having a conversation and all of a sudden, I forget what we're talking about. My mind goes in a tail spin for a moment, then it comes back. Most of the time.

#10197 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2017 - 08:38 AM

dogs tail

You hit that on the head Gail. I spend half of my day looking for my head.  lol

#10198 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 September 2017 - 09:31 AM

Tail spin

I just needed a bit of attention, and I got it!

Not getting any better, yesterday I threw my dish towel into the trash can. This morning, I wanted to put lavender oil in my bath and Epson salt, I couldn't remember if I did. Oh no, it's not getting any better at all!

By the way, it's not Sutent that was requested but Votrient. And they don't think that it will be accepted since I no longer have the kidney. You need to have the kidney with a tumor or whatever to be accepted. I read that Votrient doesn't make your quality of life any better and doesn't prolong your life. So, what's to come?

#10199 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:25 AM

spin away

It is a shame you missed out on that first clinical trial. Will do some digging and see what I can come up with.

#10200 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:33 PM

Away far

Thanks for looking it up! It's appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users