10184 replies to this topic

#10171 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted 11 September 2017 - 12:44 PM

Hope for the best

Since I'm so far away from the USA, I'm really ignorant. So Liz, how's today? Are you expecting something worse?

Will update my condition tomorrow, after I see the Oncologist. But today is a good day!

#10172 Merete

Merete

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:21 PM

Best wishes

#10173 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 September 2017 - 05:46 PM

wishes galore

Welcome to the game Merete.

#10174 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 91 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 05:40 PM

Galore snore...

I'm home from Dallas, got home yesterday. I need a nap. My condo is fine, no damage. Just have a lot of trees down.

How is everyone here?

#10175 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 September 2017 - 07:26 AM

snore alot

Fine here in Missouri. Glad your place is alright. Welcome back. You were missed.

#10176 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 17 September 2017 - 10:56 AM

alot to do (okay its three words, but alot is actually two words: a lot)

there is a lot to do. hurricane irma flooded our property 100% almost knee deep.house is on blocks so water didn't get inside - but close. we had to "flee" got both suv's off property with essential valuables and went to my sister's 30 minutes away - in 40 mph winds and driving rain. it was scary driving through all that water down our 500 ft driveway but we made it out. the eye didn't pass thru for another 10 hours. our rental property didn't fair so well. 2" of water inside when we got back the next day. we have flood insurance -yes! dryers already installed and running and drywall removed 2' up through out the entire house no mold. renters had to relocate but they feel bad for us - were't upset at all. they have relatives and it was short term anyway, lease ends oct 9th. they had few belongings as we furnish the house . adjuster comes out monday. we'll know more then. our 3rd car - a sedan we left behind, was also flooded. just the floors not the engine. drying it out now, shoved pvc pipes up under the carpets to get air under there and have a dehumidifier cranked out.  

and now tropical storm maria is headed up the same path irma took. 

<sigh>

i am concerned about TFL. the fury of the storm passed right through the county where she lives. has she PM'd anyone since Sept 11th?

#10177 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 September 2017 - 11:49 AM

lot sold

Actually Brz, I cheated on that entry "snore alot' because I couldn't seem to come up with anything else.  lol.

I heard from TFL on the 9th that she was going to stick it out but haven't heard anything else since. I am also concerned but I heard there are still over 100,000 without power. I hope that is all there is to it.

Maria? Tough luck. Hang in there. I am glad that all we have in Missouri is tornados.  lol

#10178 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 836 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:30 PM

sold house

i wish i could sell both of these! i want out! wanted to head back to the mountains for good. every region has its weather challenges but i'll take the cold and snow and ice storms over rising water ay day. our place up there is high and dry!

i just checked and it looks like there are only 8% of homes without power inTFL's county. perhaps she is one, or she still has a lot to do before checking in with the forum. after a hurricane everyone has a lot to do. I also determined the damage where she lives was less severe than anticipated and all in all they fared well where she is. fingers crossed.

#10179 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 91 posts

Posted 20 September 2017 - 09:17 PM

House condo

I live in a condo in Miami, it's newer (2008) and was built to newer hurricane standards so it wasn't damaged. I'm happy about that!

brzghoff, where in Florida are you? Sorry about your flooding. :(

#10180 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,167 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted Yesterday, 10:45 AM

Condo for sale

Liz wrote a post day before yesterday, she is probably okay. I sure hope so. Liz, if you read this, I have been home since the 6th of July.

Brz, move up to Canada. You will hate our winters, as we all do. Unless you love winter sports. Glad that you're almost okay.

Kathleen, all is good for you, thank God!

And Fishingbrain, you and I are the lucky ones, not living in fear as Maria is dancing around.

What happened with the J the K and the L ? Jumping straight from Irma to Maria. Unless I missed something? And what do you think about Nibiru hitting Earth tomorrow?

#10181 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted Yesterday, 11:16 AM

sale price

Hi Gail.  The odds of Nibiru hitting tomorrow is about the same as me winning the lottery if I don ;t buy any tickets.  :lol:

#10182 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:57 PM

price war

The Nibiru story is well-represented in the movie 'Melancholia', a dark (yet compelling) drama.

MELANCHOLIA

Dir/writer: Lars von Trier

Stars: Kirsten Dunst, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Kiefer Sutherland

#10183 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 6,826 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted Yesterday, 05:39 PM

war monger

Hello TM.

#10184 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Advanced Member

• Site Supporter
  • 91 posts

Posted Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Monger Miami (Monger is a restaurant in Miami)

Gail, J = Jose

K = Katia (I don't remember her)

L = Tropical Storm Lee

#10185 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,507 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:36 PM

Miami Vice

Hi fishinghat! I read through some of your generous, scholarly, and wonderfully compassionate posts-- you're amazing! Thanks again my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users