#1 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 06 November 2014 - 06:31 PM

the link is to an article about benzos published in a bend, oregon newspaper in june. it is definitely food for thought for all of us. the doctors are in denial about withdrawal… just like those who prescribed us cymbalta

http://www.bendbulle...-term-problems#

#2 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 11 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

yep, so true, Brzghoff .... years ago I had a doc who let me get addicted to Xanax.... gave it to me "PRN" ... take as needed ... I was up to 12-16 mg a day, and he never told me there was withdrawal ... it took me 2 years ... 24 freakin' months ... to get myself off the stuff ...

My fervent wish is that every single person who becomes a doc, shrink or therapist be put on crapalta and a benzo for their years of med/graduate school ... and then taken off them cold turkey ... if they survive that experience, then and only then, will they be given their degree and license to practice ...

I've asked every single one of my docs if they've ever had depression, anxiety, used any of these meds ... and they have all said no ... so how the hell can they "treat" us or "help" us .... that's why they just push pills ... they've never experienced the hell those pills can cause ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users