2 replies to this topic

#1 Laurahokie

Laurahokie

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:44 PM

Sorry I could not think of a better subject line. I have been doing pretty well so far in my steady decline. However, today was rough. I am feeling like I may fall over and achy/chills. I am down to 30mg now and was fine the first 5 days on 30.

I know it was reccomended to take another ssri,but I really would rather deal with the level of withdrawl side effects that I am having now, because other SSRIs have not been my friend in the past. If they get worse, then I will consider it.

I am having short term memory problems which I would have thought was "Fibro Fog," but I never had Fibro symptoms until on Cymbalta. Therefore, now I am semi-hopeful that may clear up.

Have you all noticed improvement in short term
Memory after being off of cymbalta and over the major withdrawl periods?

Any ideas to help with the aches and or vertigo/ dizzy spells?

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 02 January 2015 - 10:03 PM

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry you're having such a rough time...

I never took another SSRI, although others recommend it - we are all different and we don't know what will work until we try.  What you are describing sounds like typical withdrawal - what was your previous dosage five days ago?  How long were you on that dosage? and how did you get to the 30? Did you just drop or bead count?

The short term memory does improve - probably more so for you younger peeps!  Have you been taking any supplements?  Have you checked out chelated magnesium for the aches?  If you decide to try it, please check out the reactions it can have with other meds and I will also mention (since I am in the privileged group!) that approx. 4% of those taking it develop anxiety - mine was over the top!

I doubt this is all indicating the flu, but there is a lot of it going around.  Several of our forum members have had it recently.

I don't know what to tell you about the dizziness - I really didn't suffer from that one!

Please take good care of you.

Liz :hug:

#3 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:55 PM

Laura, so sorry you've been hit with the vertigo .. I had it as well, and of all the lousy symptoms, I think it was the worst ... I've never liked being dizzy (I remember that game we "old farts" used to play as kids... spin around until you make yourself so dizzy you drop... I just puked then ... and I puked when hit with crapalta vertigo... nope, not fun at all)

I found that Nyquil helped me ... also helped with the achy flu feelings (but, as TFL noted, this is flu season, so you could actually have the flu... my bet is that it's the crapalta withdrawal however)... Nyquil, and Robitusson cough syrup, contain something called DMX for short...it has a short-term effect of boosting serotonin in the brain, so it helps some folks with the withdrawal effects .. just don't the stuff if you have to drive or do anything else that requires focus and coordination ... dangerous combo...

I also used iced packs, the silicone pea-filled things ..on my head, and major pulse points... the sternum, my stomach, wrists, temples, backs of the knee ..something about the cold sensation on those spots seemed to ease the vertigo ..

Others here have used Dramamine ... and Benadryl ... but I didn't, so I can't speak to either of them...

For nausea, ginger worked great for me... I chewed slices of raw/fresh ginger root, also used crystalized ginger, ginger tea and the old stand-by, ginger ale ...

Hang in there, Laura ... you're getting off the poison, and what you're feeling is going to pass/fade ... just remember, it's your brain, "re-wiring" itself to regulate serotonin levels without the drug ...

Keep us posted!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users