#1 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

Well just a followup on my CT scan. They found 2 areas of wall thickening on my colon. Not there on my previous colonoscopy in 2013. They say 75% of wall thickening on left colon is colon cancer. Instead of an immediate colonoscopy I have been sceduled with my colorectal surgeon first. He will decide follow-up treatment. I will not comment on my anxiety levels but you can all imagine  what I am like right now with the lorazepam withdrawal being concurrent.

Your prayers and well wishes would be deeply appreciated.

The follow up on the 6 or 7 cysts/lesions/growths on my liver and kidney (most of which look benign) will be in June to see if there has been any changes.

The war continues.

#2 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:21 PM

OH, FH....

I am so sorry to hear this.  You can bet that you will be in my thoughts and prayers daily.  I can only imagine where your anxiety level is at this point.

God Bless You, my dear friend,

Liz

#3 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:11 PM

please, read the 80 10 10 diet and the china study

#4 brzghoff

brzghoff

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Locationjust south of sanity

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:19 PM

Fishing Hat,

I am so sorry. truly, my heart hurts. please take care of yourself - and if that means more meds then do what you need to do. your well being in the here and now is what is most important.

with much care and concern,

Brz

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:44 PM

please, read the 80 10 10 diet and the china study

First of all thank you for the suggestion. I did read up on that diet. The protein levels are about right for me. Unluckily I have hypertriglyceridemia. Recommended levels are less than 200 and mine use to run around 2000. I am allergic to the meds for this condition so leaves me with dietary constaint. As triglyceride formation is based on conversion of sugars, starches and other carbohydrates my intake of those is fairly limited. I eat vertually no sugars only whole wheat and no starches. I also can not tolerate most vegetables. Most cause me nausea and vomitting. My father had the same condition. Even so I am not to eat and seed vegetables (corn, beans, peas..etc) due to there high carbohydrate levels. The same thing applies to root vegetables (potatos, carrots, beets...etc). I am only allowed leafy vegetables which cause nausea and vomiting (except spinach which for some reason I can handle and eat extensively). I am not too eat fruit (sugar and carbohydrate levels) however I am allowed to eat strawberries and orange juice once a week each for nutritional reasons. On this diet my triglycerides stay around 400 (still high). My latest ct scan showed my pancreas is 95% infiltrated with triglycerides and my liver is  'mildly' infiltrated. I recently reduced my diet from around 1800 to 1250. On this reduced diet I have dropped 18 pounds so far and my dr and I are hopeful this will bring down the triglyceride levels. I am 6' 3" so that is not much calorie intake but whatever it takes.

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Fishinghat,

Gosh, I can just pray that you are in the 25%.

Tribulations after tribulations.

I pray that the Boss gives you strength or\and healing.

One minute you have me laughing like crazy and the other, you have me worried!

You are strong my friend and you will make it one way or the other.♥♥

#7 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:
    Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms others have and support for myself and help others

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:05 PM

Oh my gosh, fishinghat!!!!  War is right! For whomever this might offend, sorry! But the war is on.... I am going to bombard my Heavenly Father with prayers for you!!!!! I firmly believe God works when we pray! I wish I had some wise comforting words for you, just please know I/we love you and are in this fight with you all the way! Love hugs and prayers my friend! :)

#8 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 January 2015 - 06:22 PM

I am so blessed to find this site. It has been a constant source of info, hope and love. That is why I just couldn't stay away before. I deep heart felt thank you to all my "cw family".

God bless.

#9 FiveNotions

FiveNotions

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,686 posts
  • LocationUS, East Coast
  • why_joining:
    I want my life back!

Posted 13 January 2015 - 12:40 AM

Oh, FH ... what can I possibly say to express what I'm feeling at this news ... except to say I will nag the Lord incessantly for your healing ... and trust me, I'm very good at nagging ... ;)

:hug:

#10 Amysgarden

Amysgarden

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • LocationUS
  • why_joining:
    Kicking the poison out of my life

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:05 AM

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

#11 DoneWithCrap

DoneWithCrap

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 640 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts
  • why_joining:
    I have been a zombie of too long.
    I want a life!

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:16 AM

FH I'm so sorry that you have to deal with this after all that you are going through with the Rx withdrawals and Benzo tapering.
You are in my prayers! I don't pray often. I save my prayers for gratitude and only ask Him for help in outstanding situations. You meet both criteria.
I thank God for you and this forum and now I will continue to pray for your health.
Know that you are greatly appreciated and in my prayers.

<3 Renee

#12 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:39 AM

fishinghat

I am so sorry to learn of your new uncertainties. I hope and hope that you will come through this threat without a hitch. Take care my friend.

#13 ZappAlta

ZappAlta

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:26 AM

Awwwww FH you are in my prayer basket too.  Mind I ask were you having any symptoms as in changes in bowel habits bleeding etc? You are such a help to all of us here we ain't letting you go anywhere except to get that surgeon consult and a plan of treatment :hug:

#14 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:59 AM

No other symptoms of colorectal cancer. No blood, etc. Lets pray that is a good sign that I will be in the 25% that don't have CRC.  I was going to post a "like" by all the well wishes but it says I have no more likes for the day. I can't understand that as I just signed on. I haven't even used one yet. AAHH, it feels so good to complain!!  lol

They have be meeting with a dietician today so I will be out slumming with the medicos today.

Bless all of you for your prayers and well wishes. The Lord hears them all. What ever happens may it be His will.

#15 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:44 PM

Well kudos to my new primary care baby (he's 30). The colorectal surgeon called me and said he couldn't review my case for at least 4 months. I went to see my dr and they called him out from the patient he was seeing and he called the surgeon. My dr said his request was marked urgent, that doesn't mean 4 mths later. He told the surgeon that If the surgeon can't see me timely then my dr would send me to Barnes Hospital in St. Louis. I now have an appointment with the surgeon next Tuesday.

During this event I saw the original referral orders he had written. It listed me as a 'probably colon cancer patient" with "a high risk factor". He apologized for letting me see that order as with my anxiety he didn't want me to worry me unnecessarily. He said that 80% of those with left colon thickening had colon cancer. He thanked me for bring this issue to his attention as time can be an issue.

And things move on.

#16 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

FH,

You seem to have quite a doctor here. And he seems to like you a lot, you are just not a number for him. In good hands there, in good hands at the forum and in good hands with the Boss.

A lot there going for you angelhat, you are in a way, a very "lucky" guy.♥

#17 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

angelhat......new name for FH!!! Love it!  LOVE HUGS and PRAYERS for all my CW friends!!!! :)

#18 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 13 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

FH,

My prayers and thoughts continue to be with you.

Liz

#19 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2015 - 06:15 PM

My thanks and appreciation to all my freinds.  God bless you all.

We will see what the surgeon thinks next Tuesday.

#20 thismoment

thismoment

God-like

• Active Members
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

FH

Maybe they will find a diamond as bright as the character of our dear fishinghat, and you will cash it in and take us all on a nice Caribbean cruise! We will sail in sunshine, harmony, good health, and joy! 

#21 Clara

Clara

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

I'm with you on that TM!!!! Ready to set sail! :P

#22 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:37 PM

FH

Maybe they will find a diamond as bright as the character of our dear fishinghat, and you will cash it in and take us all on a nice Caribbean cruise! We will sail in sunshine, harmony, good health, and joy! 

You got it oh great one. That sounds like a good idea. Have you ever heard that old country song?  "Some days are diamonds and some days are stone." I think mine would probably be coal!! What a minute....that is just a diamond that hasn't been squeezed yet!!   lol

#23 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 13 January 2015 - 10:07 PM

Well just a followup on my CT scan. They found 2 areas of wall thickening on my colon. Not there on my previous colonoscopy in 2013. They say 75% of wall thickening on left colon is colon cancer. Instead of an immediate colonoscopy I have been sceduled with my colorectal surgeon first. He will decide follow-up treatment. I will not comment on my anxiety levels but you can all imagine  what I am like right now with the lorazepam withdrawal being concurrent.

Your prayers and well wishes would be deeply appreciated.

The follow up on the 6 or 7 cysts/lesions/growths on my liver and kidney (most of which look benign) will be in June to see if there has been any changes.

The war continues.

Oh fishinghat, first time i've logged on for a very long time. When you said you were leaving the site ,I was greatly saddened . I've spent over four months in hospital . In & out 4 times. I'm so happy to see your name but not happy with what you're going through. I will pray for you .. Regards Gail.xx

#24 gettingoffpoison

gettingoffpoison

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:20 AM

Dear FH,

I briefly share my personal experience: after 4 years of visiting the “best doctors” in town and in Houston and seeing no results at all I tried the raw vegan diet with skepticism. I used to have terrible vomiting cycles once every week in average; this was the reason I started taking the Cymbalta 2 years ago, I was feeling very depressed and suicidal. I tried to get well in so many ways, visited even “shamans”, made research about all the strangest diseases you can imagine.

Nature cured me not “science” Don’t trust doctors, remember their business is illness, trust Mother Nature.

About this that you mention: “Unluckily I have hypertriglyceridemia. Recommended levels are less than 200 and mine use to run around 2000… As triglyceride formation is based on conversion of sugars, starches and other carbohydrates my intake of those is fairly limited.”

I believe this part of the 80 10 10 diet can help you, I trust it simply because it healed me:

The mistaken notion that eating fruit causes blood-sugar problems underlies most admonitions to steer clear of fruit, especially sweet fruit. Granted, high blood sugar does lead to Candida outbreaks, chronic fatigue, hyper- and hypoglycemia, diabetes, and a host of other conditions and diseases, even cancer. Too much sugar indeed is bad for you, though it is almost impossible to get too much sugar from the consumption of fresh fruit. Eating fruit is not the cause of blood sugar problems it's just not that simple.

I know what I am saying sounds counterintuitive. It is something like telling people that osteoporosis is not a calcium problem (see "The Dangers of Eating More Than 10% Protein" on page 106) Nevertheless, both are true: taking in more calcium cannot alone shore up brittle, osteoporotic bones… and fruit sugar alone does not cause high blood sugar. Stick with me, if you will, while I explain the real cause. Eating a diet of mostly fruit, including generous amounts of fresh sweet fruit, does not create high blood sugar not when you are eating a diet, that is. When the system is not gummed up with excess fat, the sugar from even fruit moves easily in and then out of the blood.

… You see, excess fat in the blood is what causes havoc in the system when good sources of sugar such as fruits are ingested.

Please buy and read the books, the medical establishment will only get you sicker and suck your money and life. Haven’t we learned the lesson with psychiatry??

#25 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

Wagtail

It is great to see you back!! We have all seriously missed you. I am so sorry you have spent 4 months in the hospital. How are you doing now?

GOP

I respect your opinion but I know that every time I cut carbs my levels go done and when I get carried away with carbs they go up. That occurs even when I use good carbs with a lot of fiber. That makes it hard for me to see carbs as a good thing.

#26 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 19 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Hi everyone, especially our special fishing hat.

I haven't been on for ages because I have been in & out of hospital since last August, 4 months all up.

my psychiatrist has been trying to get me back on an antidepressant that my body will accept , I am now onto my fourth one & I'm praying that this will be the one that my brain & body will accept.

it seems that by going cold turkey after 10 yrs on 60mgs a day, & surviving almost 12 months of a living hell. I never thought the human body could handle so much trauma. Apparently the neurons in my brain have been damaged & everything that worked for me previously , won't work now.

Some of the antidepressants they tried me on , made me so sick but I had to stay on them to give myself a chance for my body to accept them. Sometimes 5/6 days before they decided to withdraw me off them. Some of the side effects were horrific but I hung in with the hope that eventually I would find one that worked.

I lost 7 kgs in 3 weeks , but now that I'm home & have been on the same medication for 4 weeks , the dreaded weight is creeping back on. Lexapro had me climbing the walls , severely  agitated & I couldn't eat anything , they just fed me liquids. 

Anyhow my dream of being antidepressant free is never going to happen... I am on two @ the moment & as they increase the new one & my body accepts it , they will wean me off the first one ( mainly because of the dreadful s/es.) & then I'll just be one one . I started on the smallest amount & increasing it very slowly in small amounts. I could go on & on but don't need to bore everyone. It's now been 15 months since I took my last CYMBALTA, & I feel like I have lost all that time because of the cymbalta.

I am living in the hope that one day soon I will be 90% of my former self.

My worry now is centered around our fearless leader fishinghat. Be positive my friend , they will fix you ..xxx

#27 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Wagtail! That is deeply appreciated. I wish you strength in your war to find the right antidepressant. I hope you find peace and quality of life.

God Bless

#28 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:13 PM

Wagtail,

It is wonderful to see you here!  We have all missed you so!!

I'm sorry to hear that you are still fighting to get things sorted out.  It certainly must happen soon.  I understand about the time lost - I feel that I have lost the past year of my life, as well.

You know that this is your home and we all hope that you will be able to stay with us...

Love and prayers, dear Wagtail,

Liz :hug:  

#29 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:21 PM

I have been on psych meds 13 years now. During that time I have had the "pleasure" of 11 withdrawals. Cymbalta definitely the worse. I feel like I have lost a decade BUT I am on more effective meds now with less side effects. What a trip.

#30 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2015 - 06:40 PM

Oh, FH...

I cannot even imagine the strength it must have taken to undergo so much turmoil.  You are indeed a special person and I admire you.  I am so happy to hear that what you are taking now seems to be the best so far.

My thoughts are with you as tomorrow's appointment approaches. As Wagtail said, they will fix you, my friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users